Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Aries League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After almost one week of play this is my take on it.
Ashland- very young but alot of depth they can come in waves, with a more uptempo style this year, not alot of size but fairly athletic. they got two teams and mix and match each game.

E. Carter- fundamentily sound with decent experience, however they lack athleticism will need to focus on running sets and slowing others with zone sets.

Fairview- struggling, lack of point play puts Day having to handle all the perimeter work, Day, Jackson, Chaney will be enough against lesser teams but will have to play 3 on 5 against better teams

Raceland- needs to focus and work alot on skills and basketball IQ has some decent athletes girls seem to very young and the game is moving faster then them right now.

Rose Hill- with all the lumps they took last year has harden them they don't get rattle that easy still very young but play alot older than they are. Very much improved with good post presents and steady ball handling still needing that player that can hit the perimeter shot to take pressure off of the Gee girl.

Russell- maybe took the biggest step back from last year, however they are very quick and aggressive. Parsley will give them some points on the inside but she will have to work hard at it playing against others that are as physical as her.

Sheldon Clark- a very solid team with an advantage having the best player there most of the time in the Booth girl. Her ball handling and strengh are hard for others to handle, needs to finish better but her penetration requires help defense and set up their outside shooting.

Spring Valley- looks to be one of the more experienced teams there filling all positions with solid players, just don't know how deep they can go on the bench, being from WV keeps them from having their younger players available.

W. Carter- perimeter play is the question, with one of the best players in the region returning in the Perry girl, will they be able to use her ability or will she have to come out of the paint to help handle pressure, don't know if her outside skill set can carry them, but if she has worked on it can put others bigs in foul trouble.

Another couple teams could be in the league but I haven't seen them or haven't been able to put their shirt color with their team name yet. Good luck to all teams and girls into getting better.:popcorn:
I know Sheldon Clark went 3- 1 the first week losing to Ashlad by 1 in a very poor called game then thumped Rose Hill, Coal Grove, Ohio and then someone else I just can't remember who it was.
Down and Out Wrote:I know Sheldon Clark went 3- 1 the first week losing to Ashlad by 1 in a very poor called game then thumped Rose Hill, Coal Grove, Ohio and then someone else I just can't remember who it was.

All of the games are poorly called. Right, wrong or indifferent the Aries league is not true basketball. It is who ever gets away with the most clobbers and undercuts wins. In defense of Coach Trimble, there is no way to have the officials call every foul or else the games would be 3 hours long. For some coaches it is all about superiority and wins, not player development. In a regular season game most of these players would foul out by half time.

As in the sport report given to start this thread, I agree with your accuracy except for one little tiny teeny microscopic point. This is summer ball. Many teams are without their best players, many teams do have their best players, way too much hacking going on to really identify who is good and who isnt. Ashland is the only surprise here, they are reloaded and are very good. Alot can happen between now and the start of regular season...just ask Scott Tackett about his early Christmas gift.
I agree with everything on the first thread, but Spring Valley did not impress me that much with the experiance they have. Dont get me wrong they are a good team, just no bench. Rose Hill is a improved team, I believe they are one player short but they will win some games this year. Fairview is going to miss the Gunter girl but the Sierra girl who has not been there will help some. Ashland is going to surprise some teams this year. They are very young but can flat out play plus they have one of the best 3 point shooter in the region. This team is very quick and can go deep into the bench.
I agree with the first thread Ashland has alot of talent and are going to make some noise this year very good shooting team and alot of athlete ability. On Sheldon Clark they are a good team that does have the best player down there in Booth I heard she was the best looking pg down at lexington in the Jr vs seinor all star game down at Lex Christan HS Wendsday night she should get some good college offers
Been some really sweet games down there this summer, not too many blowouts. Fairview vs. West Carter went down to the wire and I am not sure what the girls name was for West that hit the game winner at the buzzer but her shot was sweet, nothing but net. Just a summer game but a young lady can really gain confidence doing something like that. : )
FrankenMonkey Wrote:All of the games are poorly called. Right, wrong or indifferent the Aries league is not true basketball. It is who ever gets away with the most clobbers and undercuts wins. In defense of Coach Trimble, there is no way to have the officials call every foul or else the games would be 3 hours long. For some coaches it is all about superiority and wins, not player development. In a regular season game most of these players would foul out by half time.

As in the sport report given to start this thread, I agree with your accuracy except for one little tiny teeny microscopic point. This is summer ball. Many teams are without their best players, many teams do have their best players, way too much hacking going on to really identify who is good and who isnt. Ashland is the only surprise here, they are reloaded and are very good. Alot can happen between now and the start of regular season...just ask Scott Tackett about his early Christmas gift.

What "gift" did Tackett get?
The Day girl from Fairview was impressive at the Aries league. She should have a strong season next year.
Perry from West Carter looks pretty good and I thought the point guard from Sheldon Clark stood out, can't remember her name but her game was sweet.
HD28 Wrote:[/B]

What "gift" did Tackett get?

Is FM going to tell what "gift" he is talking about? Or does anyone else think they know the answer to this question.
Did some checking on this since no one wanted to answer the question. I have heard they have a transfer who played JV for Rockcastle County last year. They say she is the sister of the Townsend kid from Somerset who is now playing with Rowan. Has anyone seen them play this summer? Is she someone who will help them?
I"ve seen her play. About 5'19 or 5'10 and athletic with some skills. She'll be a good player and will fit ther style. Can't figure out how that can be considered a gift...?
HD28 Wrote:I"ve seen her play. About 5'19 or 5'10 and athletic with some skills. She'll be a good player and will fit ther style. Can't figure out how that can be considered a gift...?
Maybe because she came to him unexpectantly. Who knows the original poster may have been talking about something else. But from what i can tell she is the only thing new to the program.
Does anyone know anything on how the teams finsished. I know Sheldon Clark went 9 - 1 as they beat East and West Carter on Tuesday to close out play.