Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 71 Apollo 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Paintsville wins The Tiger Hoops Classic...Congrats!!!
congrats Paintsville on winning the hoops classic......Landon Slone finished with 21 points and the Tournament MVP.....way to go Lando
Good job to the Tigers. The 15th was represented pretty good.
Congrats Tigers and Slone. I agree this makes the 15th look good.
Congrats to Belfry and to Maynard and to May! Impressed! :Cheerlead
Congrats Paintsville!
Congrats Paintsville
PHS scored 71 against the tightest, toughest, and stickiest defense I've seen all year. They moved the ball well and kept their composure when they got down 8-12 points in the 2nd quarter.

Pugh played real good defense the whole tournament and won the defense award.
Slone, Grimm, and Van Hoose all played better.

Bundy was the surprise. He didn't turn the ball over as much, drove to the basket real well and finished or dished, and he hit a bunch of crucial shots. Congrats to Blake. He needed this tournament.

After a bad showing in Georgia, Paintsville turned it around and showed why they are the favorites to win the region.
Apollo was one of the best defensive teams I have seen in years, this was a good win for Paintsville. Butler also played good defense.
Congrats Paintsville. Glad to see a good team effort pay off!
Now.... could someone post the scores from Georgia.... sheesh... we're gonna have to "put up with that garbage forever" until it's posted... I don't know what dif it makes... but it's obviously important to someone.
"Fuzzy5118" Wrote:Congrats Paintsville. Glad to see a good team effort pay off!
Now.... could someone post the scores from Georgia.... sheesh... we're gonna have to "put up with that garbage forever" until it's posted... I don't know what dif it makes... but it's obviously important to someone.
If I knew what the scores were I'd post them just to shut a few big mouths up. I wish I knew the scores.
lol...I know whiz, why is it so important to everyone, if them getting beat bad makes their year well here is a score to start them off on the right foot for '06 Paintsville-42 South Laurel-61 at Rupp Arena in the preseason scrimmage. Happy New Years!!
"JKWON33" Wrote:lol...I know whiz, why is it so important to everyone, if them getting beat bad makes their year well here is a score to start them off on the right foot for '06 Paintsville-42 South Laurel-61 at Rupp Arena in the preseason scrimmage. Happy New Years!!

LOL...I wish someone would post them also so we could move on from the topic. Paintsville is going to be a major player for the regional title regardless of how they performed in Georgia. Paintsville came back and played very good in thier holiday tournament. I think Paintsville and Belfry look like the 2 best teams in the 15th region so far. There are several other teams have the talent and if they peak at the right time can win the region...should be a interesting season in the 15th region.
"JKWON33" Wrote:lol...I know whiz, why is it so important to everyone, if them getting beat bad makes their year well here is a score to start them off on the right foot for '06 Paintsville-42 South Laurel-61 at Rupp Arena in the preseason scrimmage. Happy New Years!!

Man, you've cracked me up!!! C'mon CW... post those scores... we're all waiting for a huge big laugh!
congrats
the refs won another one for the tigers
"Bo Duke" Wrote:the refs won another one for the tigers

:lmao: It's funny that Apollo's coach and fans didn't even complain or blame the refs, yet you come on here and try to take a hard faught victory away from Paintsville. :blabbermo
Apollo was not a good team i dont think.. i saw them play.. and they didnt impress me.. but congrats tigers
congrats to the defending state champs on beating a bunch of sophomores two months ago, i bet they wouldnt beat Paintsville by 20 a second time, they have really improved since the first game this year
South Laurel didn't play to their potential that day either. Paintsville is playing better now, but don't get to ****y.Rolleyes
"basketballjones" Wrote:South Laurel didn't play to their potential that day either. Paintsville is playing better now, but don't get to ****y.Rolleyes

I don't wanna sound ****y, but I bet Paintsville would give SL a better game now that the football players are in basketball shape and Paintsville has learned to play TEAM ball.

As far as SL goes, I don't see them repeating this year, BUT they will be playing at Rupp Arena come March.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:I don't wanna sound ****y, but I bet Paintsville would give SL a better game now that the football players are in basketball shape and Paintsville has learned to play TEAM ball.

As far as SL goes, I don't see them repeating this year, BUT they will be playing at Rupp Arena come March.
How about that score you promised?
Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:How about that score you promised?
"ChillyWilly" Wrote:How about that score you promised?

I worked all day, came home and showered, went to my older sisters and watched the Longhorns pull it out, haven't had a chance to talk to any sources yet, I'll get it, don't you worry Willy.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:I don't wanna sound ****y, but I bet Paintsville would give SL a better game now that the football players are in basketball shape and Paintsville has learned to play TEAM ball.

I didn't mean to take anything away from Paintsville they are playing better, but I still believe South Laurel can beat them 20. Some tough match-ups for Paintsville, but I would like to see Paintsville beat them.
nice win
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:I worked all day, came home and showered, went to my older sisters and watched the Longhorns pull it out, haven't had a chance to talk to any sources yet, I'll get it, don't you worry Willy.
Another day has gone by and still you have come up with zilch. Comeon PC, surely you are a man of your word.:boosign:
Hey Chilly, here's your chill pill.

Milton, FL -77
PHS 45

Ridgeview,SC 77
PHS 64

So PHS didn't get drilled in the final game.Rolleyes Rolleyes
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Hey Chilly, here's your chill pill.

Milton, FL -77
PHS 45

Ridgeview,SC 77
PHS 64

So PHS didn't get drilled in the final game.Rolleyes Rolleyes
You da man there whizzer.:mad: