Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Stephen Strasburg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else watch his debut? Guy is unreal...Gets the win and 14 K's
No, but I heard he was great. I also heard that within the 2 hours of the announcement that Stephen Strasburg was going to play in that game, the stadium was sold out.
he also didn't walk anyone
Simply - AWESOME!
One of the best debuts of all time. Even thought it was against the Pirates, he still hit 98 or higher in the radar game at least 20 times, and his curveball was absolutely ridiculous. Could be one of the best if he keeps working at it.
Well, being a Pirates fan, Im just glad he didnt no-hit us, lol..Strasburg has a nasty fastball (understatement) as well as a ridiculous deuce, and a VERY good changeup..this guy is the real deal (understatement). He is the next big thing in major league baseball. The homerun Young hit was the only real mistake he made (I think he may have tipped his pitch a tiny bit), but other than that he was almost unhittable. Out of his 94 pitches, 16 pitches clocked at 98 mph, 16 at 99 and 2 at 100. I cant wait to see him pitch again.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, being a Pirates fan, Im just glad he didnt no-hit us, lol..Strasburg has a nasty fastball (understatement) as well as a ridiculous deuce, and a VERY good changeup..this guy is the real deal (understatement). He is the next big thing in major league baseball. The homerun Young hit was the only real mistake he made (I think he may have tipped his pitch a tiny bit), but other than that he was almost unhittable. Out of his 94 pitches, 16 pitches clocked at 98 mph, 16 at 99 and 2 at 100. I cant wait to see him pitch again.

It's a scary thought for other teams knowing this guy can hit 100 mph on his fastball and it might not even be his best pitch.
When is his next start?
Amazing,
cougarpride08 Wrote:When is his next start?
Sunday against Cleveland..
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:It's a scary thought for other teams knowing this guy can hit 100 mph on his fastball and it might not even be his best pitch.
That is exactly what Ive been saying bro..and your right, its scary..
One of his Bowman rookie cards recently sold for $16,000+ on eBay. The buzz he's created in MLB is unlike anything I've seen in years.
he is a great young man and i hope he does well in his career and i will look forward to watching him