Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jaylen Beckham transferring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Announcement coming within the next six weeks, unless something changes, Beckham will be going to St. Benedicts Prep in New Jersey and playing for new coach Roshown McLeod. I guess that can mark Indiana off his list of college choices.

Beckham didn't play with Catholic today at catholics summer camp and this is the info I was given from personnel in the know.
It is a shame to see talent like that leaving the state. He already holds an offer from Alabama but I would guess he feels like be needs more notoriety to continue to bring in the offers.
The state of Kentucky's top prospect in the Class of 2012 - Jaylen Beckham - is leaving the Bluegrass State for his junior year of high school.

The 6-foot Beckham confirmed to me early Wednesday morning via Facebook that he will be leaving Lexington Catholic for the upcoming school year.

Beckham, who holds scholarship offers from Alabama and Washington, will attend Newark (N.J.) St. Benedict's Prep where former Indiana University assistant Roshown McLeod will be in his first season as a coach.

McLeod is still trying to lure one of the top juniors-to-be in the state of Indiana - North Central's D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera. The Indianapolis Star reported that Smith-Rivera and his family visited the prep school last weekend and a decision is likely coming soon.

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/2...layer.html
[ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88595"]Jaylen Beckham transferring - Kentucky Sports Forum - BlueGrassRivals[/ame]
A big loss for the Knights. But he is going to a high school powerhouse and it may not be a bad move for the player.
I used to be in Lexington and watched Lexington Catholic a lot when they were rated 3rd in the nation.
Dan Haney was a great coach. He can easily coach college ball if he wanted to.
He would have been able to keep this player.
They brought in teams like St. Benedict's for the Christmas tournament. It is a bit smaller and mostly in state schools now.
I really hate to see Jaylen leave the state, but if going to St. Benedict is the best thing for him, then so be it and good luck!
bulldog149 Wrote:A big loss for the Knights. But he is going to a high school powerhouse and it may not be a bad move for the player.
I used to be in Lexington and watched Lexington Catholic a lot when they were rated 3rd in the nation.
Dan Haney was a great coach. He can easily coach college ball if he wanted to.
He would have been able to keep this player.
They brought in teams like St. Benedict's for the Christmas tournament. It is a bit smaller and mostly in state schools now.

The semi final Sweet 16 game between the 98 LexCath team that was ranked #3 in the USA and Scott Co, who was also ranked in the top 20 in the country was the best basketball game I have ever seen, at any level.
This kid is a tremendous talent. He was clearly a top Division 1 prospect and chose the best route for his future. I was able to attend and talk with some of the top coaches and scouts during a few games and summer camps and all were highly impressed. They liken his game to Chris Paul. I wish the young man the best of luck. I was told he held his own last summer with Memphis recruit Joe Jackson on more than one occasion.
This is a little bit like Rondo leaving the state of Kentucky for one of the top Prep/High School programs in the country, Rose Hill.
I don't think Rondo ever went to Ashland. He played at OAK hill not ROSE hill.
My bad I meant Oak Hill. Im in ashland right now and I pass Rose Hill everyday...
That's understandable.