Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best players/teams in 12 region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are some of the best players and teams in the 12th region for 2010/11?
Best player is Hammond of Rockcastle. 1. Hammond 2. Fothergill 3. Pittman 4. Bowlin 5. Lawrence 6. Coffman 7. Fox 8. Coffey 9. Corder 10. Pearce Those are my top 10, let me hear other opinions.
Sounds good Rockblue! From what I am hearing Fothergill just keeps getting better.

I think the top 10 in the 12th Region could compete IF NOT BEAT the top 10 in any other region.

The 12th Region will look like this next year:
Rockcastle

SW
Casey County

Everyone else
Is Rockcastle that much better than the rest of the 12th? Have they played any of the teams from the 12th this year? If so what were the results?
akabball Wrote:Is Rockcastle that much better than the rest of the 12th? Have they played any of the teams from the 12th this year? If so what were the results?
Yes akabball!!! They are that much better than most in the 12th Region. You are talking about a team with a 4 multi year starters, and a sophmore class that is very talented. They only lost one player of any significance off last years final four team (a team that many regard did not get a fair shake in the game against SC). Sarah Hammond is such a team player that she does not realize her potential to take over almost any game she is involved in, in different ways. Rock may have one of the best overall female athletes in the State in Hunter. Solid overall team that is at a Tennessee Team Camp this week getting better I am sure. Rock will not get much competion in the 12th Region, not saying they will win every game, but they are the best. Watch them in the Xmas Tournaments and the level of competion they play.

SW will be good, but if you take away Fothergill, not sure the other girls can step up enough on a consistent basis to make teams pay. They will be a great 3 pt shooting team, but when shots are not falling it may expose some weaknesses.

Casey will be good, with Pittman and Coffman. Pittman needs to develop some more moves to go with her talent. Away from Casey she will not get by with that elbow hook moves she does. Sure to be a point of emphasis in the 12th Region.

Look for Danville to surprise some people with a young scrappy team that keeps improving as the youth gets older. Mason is sure to get the most out of them.

Lincoln lost everyone.

Wayne County does not have enough support for Upchurch.

Mercer graduated there strength, had a couple of shooters that are returning could be one of the best of the rest, behind SWHS and Casey Co. Should be able to compete with those schools.

School not mentioned will be average competitors.

Bottom 4 - Monticello, SHS, PC, McCreary

Monticello well coached, gets the most out of the girls just not a lot of talent in that small school. They will get after you.

A once dominant Somerset team in the 12th region as fallin from grace. Time for a total make over in that program. Rumor has it that Coffey is not playing and the Thomas girl has suffered another injury.

PC and McCreary are just not very good programs at the moment.
What do you think Rockcastle will be ranked pre-season? What is the farthest Rock has made it in the state tournament?
I believe they will be ranked in the top 5 pre-season. Last season they made it to the final four losing to Scott Co.
Sources tell me that Rockcastle dominated at the Tennessee Weslyan camp. The report from one of my good buds is that Hammonds was as impressive as always, the coaches were impressed with Lawrence and Hunter off the bench was explosive, faster than the other teams could keep up with, other girls mentioned was Shanlee Burton and what a key role her and the Abney girl will play. My buddy was very excited about this team and I can't wait to see them for myself.
Colonels87 Wrote:Yes akabball!!! They are that much better than most in the 12th Region. You are talking about a team with a 4 multi year starters, and a sophmore class that is very talented. They only lost one player of any significance off last years final four team (a team that many regard did not get a fair shake in the game against SC). Sarah Hammond is such a team player that she does not realize her potential to take over almost any game she is involved in, in different ways. Rock may have one of the best overall female athletes in the State in Hunter. Solid overall team that is at a Tennessee Team Camp this week getting better I am sure. Rock will not get much competion in the 12th Region, not saying they will win every game, but they are the best. Watch them in the Xmas Tournaments and the level of competion they play.

SW will be good, but if you take away Fothergill, not sure the other girls can step up enough on a consistent basis to make teams pay. They will be a great 3 pt shooting team, but when shots are not falling it may expose some weaknesses.
Casey will be good, with Pittman and Coffman. Pittman needs to develop some more moves to go with her talent. Away from Casey she will not get by with that elbow hook moves she does. Sure to be a point of emphasis in the 12th Region.

Look for Danville to surprise some people with a young scrappy team that keeps improving as the youth gets older. Mason is sure to get the most out of them.

Lincoln lost everyone.

Mercer graduated there strength, had a couple of shooters that are returning could be one of the best of the rest, behind SWHS and Casey Co. Should be able to compete with those schools.

Monticello well coached, gets the most out of the girls just not a lot of talent in that small school. They will get after you.

A once dominant Somerset team in the 12th region as fallin from grace. Time for a total make over in that program. Rumor has it that Coffey is not playing and the Thomas girl has suffered another injury.

I agree with everything you said excellent post. Rice started 2 7th graders last year in Addison Corder and Destiny Molden they were very good ball handlers and did a great job considering the youth. Fothergill is the all-time leading scorer in Lady Warrior history. I personally think Addison will destory her record as she scored around 300 points in her first year. Your right about if Fothergill gets in trouble and has to go to the bench. I am not sure as if Pierce and the others can step up and make teams pay. I guess we'll see come November. Great Post Colonels87.
Southwestern has a few young ones that can shoot the lights out. i could see them beating most of the teams in the region
One thing about Rockcastle and Coach Noble's teams is that she stresses defense and team play, probably why Fothergill only scored 9 or 10 points in their meeting last year. They have girls that know their roles and sometimes that means being a defensive stopper. It's not very glamorous but it certainly gets the job done.
I'll agree Coach Noble does coach defense. She always has her teams ready.
Colonels87 Wrote:Yes akabball!!! They are that much better than most in the 12th Region. You are talking about a team with a 4 multi year starters, and a sophmore class that is very talented. They only lost one player of any significance off last years final four team (a team that many regard did not get a fair shake in the game against SC). Sarah Hammond is such a team player that she does not realize her potential to take over almost any game she is involved in, in different ways. Rock may have one of the best overall female athletes in the State in Hunter. Solid overall team that is at a Tennessee Team Camp this week getting better I am sure. Rock will not get much competion in the 12th Region, not saying they will win every game, but they are the best. Watch them in the Xmas Tournaments and the level of competion they play.

Lincoln lost everyone.

Wayne dont have any support for Upchurch? I think you mean Bowlin.
^ agreed.
Wayne has the Hardin girl that is playing well right now. They gave SW a good run in the district tournament
I dont see casey being in the top 5 without pittman
So how would the top 5 look like now?
Mine would be as follows:

1. Rockcastle
2. Southwestern
3. Wayne
4. Garrard
5. Somerset

Definetly open for discussion.
WaybackRocket Wrote:So how would the top 5 look like now?

1. Rockcastle
2. Southwestern
3. Wayne
4. Garrard
5. Somerset

that would be about right. maybe switch Garrard and Somerset.
If Coffey and/or Thomas are out then I don't think Somerset will be in the mix at all. I would sustitute Danville for Somerset.
What is up with Coffey and Thomas are the injured also?
Coffey is out from what I have been told. Know nothing about Thomas being out.
WaybackRocket Wrote:So how would the top 5 look like now?

1. Rockcastle
2. Southwestern

3. Wayne
4. Garrard
5. Somerset

I like this list. I just made one change to it Big Grin
Wayne and Southwesterns games wont be 5 points either way, thats how close those two are. Look at the scores from the past few years including last year.
Southwestern are one of those teams that could come in and win the region or they could get upset in the first round. They are a team you don't wanna have to play until maybe the championship game. If Fothergill keeps her head in the game she is one of the best in the state.
I definetly think that Southwestern could be a real strong contender for the region.
I agree that Southwestern should contend. Just saying that there is not alot of differnence in the two teams. Another team that will be stronger than most think will be Lincoln County. By end of Febuary they are gonna be right back in the mix of it. I say they are number 4.

1. Rockcastle County
2. Southwestern
3. Wayne County
4. Lincoln County
5. Casey County
If memory serves me correctly the only game last year that Fothergill failed to score in double figures was the Rockcastle game. That being said I see the region playing out like this:

1. Rockcastle

Everyone else!!!
Word now is that Pittman will be back by January. If she can get back healthy and get a few games under her belt before District and Region tournament, Casey County could do some damage.

My new list looks like this:

Rockcastle

Casey County / Southwestern