Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Should pitchers wear helmets while pitching?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
should every Pitcher (high school, college, pros) wear a helmet while pitching to help protect there head in case of a line drive right back up the middle?
No, not feasible! How could you even think that this could work?
**** no.
Stardust Wrote:No, not feasible! How could you even think that this could work?

y wouldn't it work? i don't wanna see some young kids head being taken off by a line drive right back up the middle
I agree. Maybe not a helmet but some kind of head protection.. It could get ugly if it is a direct hit.
Strikeout King Wrote:y wouldn't it work? i don't wanna see some young kids head being taken off by a line drive right back up the middle

Serious? I don't want any kid hurt, period, but a helmet? :please:

If you don't want kids hurt, then don't let them play. But you can't possibly PITCH with a helmet on your head. You add that weight to your head, you affect balance. You affect balance, you CREATE INJURY! This makes no sense.
Stardust Wrote:Serious? I don't want any kid hurt, period, but a helmet? :please:

If you don't want kids hurt, then don't let them play. But you can't possibly PITCH with a helmet on your head. You add that weight to your head, you affect balance. You affect balance, you CREATE INJURY! This makes no sense.

couldn't they make some type of head protection to help from being hit?
Stardust Wrote:Serious? I don't want any kid hurt, period, but a helmet? :please:

Adding weight to one side affects balance, but a helmet would block nothing except vision. Now that would affect a pitcher
Strikeout King Wrote:couldn't they make some type of head protection to help from being hit?

How many times does it happen? They made the heart protector due to 2 deaths, one of which I witnessed. Should every player that play's baseball wear it?

You want to eliminate head injuries to the pitcher by putting them in a helmet? Eliminate Aluminum bats, change the core to the baseball, extend the length of pitchers mound those are all more viable than putting a helmet on the pitcher. And do all of this Why? How many injuries would have been prevented?

I get that we want to protect all, but at what cost? How do you suggest prevention of concussions for football players? Put them into double sized helmet?
That might be the dumbest idea of all time.
Stardust Wrote:How many times does it happen? They made the heart protector due to 2 deaths, one of which I witnessed. Should every player that play's baseball wear it?

You want to eliminate head injuries to the pitcher by putting them in a helmet? Eliminate Aluminum bats, change the core to the baseball, extend the length of pitchers mound those are all more viable than putting a helmet on the pitcher. And do all of this Why? How many injuries would have been prevented?

I get that we want to protect all, but at what cost? How do you suggest prevention of concussions for football players? Put them into double sized helmet?

well you could do that....

i know this thread sounds dumb but i was just wondering about this!
Uncle Fester Wrote:That might be the dumbest idea of all time.

No, I would suggest that in order to protect the pitcher, we put him behind a screen and then just use a pitching machine that the pitcher controls.......:yikes:
Well Strikeout... in your defense - to say the least, I don't think it's a dumb idea. I could understand why it would be a good idea, but I could also see why it would not be a good idea. The pitcher should be able to decide I guess whether or not he wants to wear some kind of protectant on his head.. However, my guess would be that most MLB pitchers wouldnt.
atleast some kind of protection but its up to them