Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who has the best JV team thus far out there, any region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are their promising players?
Who are their top scorers, rebounders, point guards?
Anybody, anywhere in the state.
Please give evidence not opinion.:beg:
BL has a good JV team. I think Justin Collins is their leading scorer and thomas sammons is their leading rebounder but without Justin they would probably suck.
JC has a good point guard in Justin Murray.
BL they have a good team they are 5-3. justin collins is the leading scorer. i believe justin is the leading rebounder.
I'll put this out there to get the ball rolling.

Johnson Central's JV is thus far undefeated. They won the Hazard Invitational today beating three good teams. Down by as much as 20 today and won it by 1.

They have quickness, strong and/or quick bodies on the boards which ever they need, they have shot blockers, a couple or three slashers, and a fierceness that is not yet on the varsity team. These guys can beat there varsity. Not all the time but at least half.

JC has a great squad of youngins coming up.

Names

- Justin Murray -Pluses - good ball handler, one of the region’s best (you have to
wait and see), fierce defender, he has the potential to be
awesome if he would listen and learn. If he stays. Team's
leading scorer Plays quality minutes on varsity too.
- James Blakenship? - Pluses – No fear, James will improve and be a good
addition to varsity eventually.
- #32 and #25 freshman and sophomore swing men,
Pluses - quick step, good defenders, who needs a jump shot when you can dunk on a fast break - look out they're are quick and can leap, #25 has seen the floor a few time in the varsity games

Sometimes starter sometimes bench -
- Josiah Reno -Pluses – lead every team he's ever played on in rebounds, brawny, big
and thick hard to beat on the boards at 6' 3'',. Summer
workout may help.
- Jesse Meek may still be playing both V and JV but I don't know for sure. This junior lacks only confidence in blowing away anybody. He's athletic, he quick, a thinking man, but gets down on himself when he makes mistakes.
- There are others, a pretty deep bench. They have the potential to take the region with maturity. They lack only a leader on the court to guide them.
Johnson Central does have a good team but they beat BL by 7. they was up 15-3 at the end of first. and at half they up by one. they won by7
yeah JC's JV beat Summerville,SC In that Turney...They Was Down 12 At The Half...Came Back And Won.....They Are 6-0... They Are Probably One Of The Best JV Teams In The State.....

Some Key Players...
#3-Justin Murray-Great Ball Handler, Handles Pressure Very Well. Can Shoot The Lights Out.
#14-Jo Whitaker-Good Shooter From Beyond The Arch. Sees The Floor Well.
#10-James Blankenship-Good Ball Handler. Has A Impressive Pull Up Jumper.
#13-Zac Sergent-Good Defensive Player. Keeps His Feet Moving On D. Always Active.
#25-Ian Welch-Good Player All Around, Can Dribble, Can Shoot, Even Block Shots. And Very Strong With The Ball.

Bench....
#32-Jeremy Bratton- Good Post Player,Lanky Good Rebounder
#20-Chad Hall-Good Shooter,Good Defender,Hustler, And Physical.
#45-Josiah Reno-Good Rebounder,Decent Finisher.

Overall A Good Team...Play With Alot Of Intensity And Alot Of Heart. They Proved Alot Beating A Very Good Summerville Team In The Turny.
"no one knows" Wrote:BL they have a good team they are 5-3. justin collins is the leading scorer. i believe justin is the leading rebounder.
Every team needs a Justin Collins...He's the "sensation"
Lmao...i agree
we will se how good he is the 4th when he matches up against lyle Johnson
South Floyd is good...I expect Jody to have a big game when they play BL
Pikevilles JV team isnt bad, I think they only had one or two games so far. There best game was a come from behind win over Paintsville at Paintsville. There problem is, they seem to start off slow and get in a hole at the start of the game then they have to dig out of.
Who all plays on Paintsville's JV team?
I dont remember there names, but they played a good physical game on both ends of the court.
who cares?
"Bo Duke" Wrote:who cares?
If you dont care, dont read the threads...
best ive seen so far is Johnson Central
i dont know if there the best but sf is 4-0 in freshman games this. they have a good backcourt with jody playing point and adam playing shooting gaurd.
justin collins is a sensation
johnson central has a good one
"singingpreacher" Wrote:- Justin Murray - Liabilities - a real rebel, most uncoachable player, Does not trust
his team and is quite critical on the court
Pluses - good ball handler, one of the region’s best (you have to
wait and see), fierce defender, he has the potential to be
awesome if he would listen and learn. If he stays. Team's
leading scorer Plays quality minutes on varsity too.

I would like to eat these words. I heard about Murray's performances over the last couple of games. Through the rumor mill I made an unkind remark toward this young man. I would like to apologize.

I would also like to apologize to the Reno kid too. I meant no harm. I think he has a lot of potential.
i believe that besty layne have an alright team.
Betsy Lane is looking pretty good.
Jc has a great team, i cant wait until the jv team moves on up to varsity in a year or two, they will be a great team to watch