Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Danville 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How are the Ads looking for this upcoming season?

Any signs of improvement?
We (Pikeville) play them in the pigskin classic @ Corbin. Glad you started this thread, maybe someone can give some input on this.
I think they will be better than last year. They played a ton of young players last year that should pay off this year. Won't be the old danville but should be better than last year. Just my opinion.
So any news on Will Dunn. is he playing at Danville, Boyle, or some where else
What offense and defense do they run?
Will Dunn will play somewhere else more than likely. Chances of playing at Boyle are getting smaller by the day and he WILL NOT return to Danville.
64black&gold Wrote:Will Dunn will play somewhere else more than likely. Chances of playing at Boyle are getting smaller by the day and he WILL NOT return to Danville.

Ahhhh, the irony of it all. He can play somewhere else except where he wants to go to school. Go figure. But it's not about politics. :eyeroll:
Hatz Wrote:Ahhhh, the irony of it all. He can play somewhere else except where he wants to go to school. Go figure. But it's not about politics. :eyeroll:

Don't be so certain that he'll be eligible to play somewhere else. As I understand the rules, the only place he would be eligible to play (absent a court ruling that he's eligible to play at Boyle) is at Danville. So if he won't go back to Danville and if he doesn't get a court order, I don't think he'll be playing any where unless there is some tweak in the rules that I'm not aware of. Frankly, I'd think that the KHSAA would logically presume that if Will was to now transfer to a third school, the motivation for the transfer would be based in part because he was ruled ineligible to play sports at Boyle. That would be a violation of By Law 6, Sec 3) c) and would again make him ineligble at the third school. But perhaps Will could establish that the transfer to a third school would have nothing to do with him being ineligible at Boyle. Any thing is possible I guess. We'll see.

And I wouldn't be so fast to blame this on politics. French and the Boyle County folks have just as much juice at the KHSAA as Harp and Danville do I'm told.
The only reason he is not playing at Boyle this year is the extent of the complaint filed by Coach Sam Harp. (a friend of mine was able to see a copy of it). For those of you who have said Sam Harp did not protest or file any kind of complaint, he absolutely did. You may be right as far as going to a nearby county. But of course if his family could pay the tuition I'm sure he could go to LCA or Lex Cath with no problem at all which is a whole different conversation.
You know what, this is a "Danville" thread. Not a "Will Dunn" thread. Lets show them some respect and keep it to a Danville discussion. I shouldn't have written the above post because this is not the thread for it. So lets get back to Danville. Who starts QB this year for them. Anyone know? They started two or three last year.
I think the Admirals will be in the midst. Remember they reload. I really haven't see them with back to back sub par season in a while.
Good Point CP.
Danville ran an ad in the paper last week reminding players of the start of practice. Also letting anyone else who might want to play know that they only need a physical and to show up.

I posted earlier on this thread that I thought Danville would be better this year than last but to me the ad in the paper was a bad sign.
Im not sure Danville will improve again under Harp,ive been told they have serious problems with one of the coaches.much like Boyle had while pardue was coach.im told Harp has lost control.believe me if the players dont respect the coaches things will go south quick,i saw it first hand at Boyle.
In a way I hope Harp can pull things together this year. But I also lost alot of respect from him in the way he handled the Will Dunn situation(that's another conversation). However, I have tons of respect for the Danville program and I don't want to see it destroyed. I wish the Danville program the best of luck this year. I'd like to see them back in the title hunt.