Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 12 - Lawrence Co. 5 (15th Region Tourney)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure of a final, if someone has the final score please post it. The last update I heard from family at the game was in the bottom of the 7th Pikeville led 12-4.
FINAL Pikeville 12 Lawrence County 5
Best win for Pikeville in any sport in quite awhile. Congrats to the Panthers and you for sure have the talent to beat any team anywhere on a given day.
Uh....Well...never mind....just speechless. what a year in the 15th. WOW.
Final
^^^Great win for Pikeville, but not surprising at all...
jetpilot Wrote:^^^Great win for Pikeville, but not surprising at all...

? pikeville has never beat LC? LC was favored to win, this was an upset, LC just took pikeville to lightly, if the game was played 100 times LC wins 99.

A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then,
Thats the biggest win pikevilles baseball team has ever had, dont go around acting like your the best because this is still LC's region and everyone knows it, whos the one team everyone tries and takes pride in beating, not pikeville. LC.
Lc is the elite team in the region.

bottom line Pikeville played the best they possibly could and LC didnt show up, the won fair and square, but dont get all cocky and dont act like you wasnt surprised.
Congrats Panthers!
Not surprised at all! Pikeville has been on the verge of being great for awhile now and to be honest I think they should have won the region last year as well! Pikeville has some very gritty kids, and when they show up, they can beat anybody. Take away a slight hiccup in the last inning of the all A and they have a shot of being All A state champs! Congrats Pikeville, well deserved!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Not surprised at all! Pikeville has been on the verge of being great for awhile now and to be honest I think they should have won the region last year as well! Pikeville has some very gritty kids, and when they show up, they can beat anybody. Take away a slight hiccup in the last inning of the all A and they have a shot of being All A state champs! Congrats Pikeville, well deserved!
Thanks Slim!

akaLCallTHEway Wrote:? pikeville has never beat LC? LC was favored to win, this was an upset, LC just took pikeville to lightly, if the game was played 100 times LC wins 99.

Thats the biggest win pikevilles baseball team has ever had, dont go around acting like your the best because this is still LC's region and everyone knows it, whos the one team everyone tries and takes pride in beating, not pikeville. LC.

bottom line Pikeville played the best they possibly could and LC didnt show up, the won fair and square, but dont get all cocky and dont act like you wasnt surprised.

Talk about COCKY, in the other post I ripped your little backside so I will take it easy here.

365 days to think about this one for you and anyone who believes this silly stuff you post. Elite team sitting at home, breaks my heart. Research my old posts and you will see I said Pikeville wasnt afraid of the Giant LC. I did expect us to win. 7 of these players play summer and fall baseball in KY, TN, OH, and WV so I dont think LC was that scary to them. As far as only beating you one time, if they hadnt thrown off on you at Pikeville, they would have beaten you there as well.:lmao::lmao:
Pikeville is a very good team and very well coached. The regular season is a bunch of scrimmage games getting ready for the season that counts. Pikeville proved they are not the least bit intimidated by reputation. You deserve to strut and crow a little because just making it to a regional championship game is a testament to hard work and perserverance. Good luck to all and we know who ever wins the championship will be battle tested and ready to represent the 15th well in Lexington.
akaLCallTHEway Wrote:? pikeville has never beat LC? LC was favored to win, this was an upset, LC just took pikeville to lightly, if the game was played 100 times LC wins 99.

Dont try to take anything away from Pikeville. They have a very strong lineup from bottom to top. Their ability to hit the ball as well as they do is simply amazing. I think Pikeville has a good chance at winning this whole thing, and as a player from the 59th district i hope they do. LC shoulda stayed in their own region. Hail Pikeville.
Can not call LC a great team, and then say they did not even show up. Great teams and even good teams are ready to play their way into the championship game. Congrats to both winners and good luck.....
You never know! Thats why they play the games.
Want to say congrats to the Panthers . Great job & great effort. Imo, any team in any sport on any given night can win or lose. Pikeville as i stated earned this one . Show some class & congratulate them. L.C. has had a great season & wish them the best. Pikeville now, will focus on th Pirates, a real good team, wish both good luck. Got to go with my Panthers in a close one.
Commanche Wrote:Thanks Slim!

Talk about COCKY, in the other post I ripped your little backside so I will take it easy here.

365 days to think about this one for you and anyone who believes this silly stuff you post. Elite team sitting at home, breaks my heart. Research my old posts and you will see I said Pikeville wasnt afraid of the Giant LC. I did expect us to win. 7 of these players play summer and fall baseball in KY, TN, OH, and WV so I dont think LC was that scary to them. As far as only beating you one time, if they hadnt thrown off on you at Pikeville, they would have beaten you there as well.:lmao::lmao:

baseballfan606 Wrote:Dont try to take anything away from Pikeville. They have a very strong lineup from bottom to top. Their ability to hit the ball as well as they do is simply amazing. I think Pikeville has a good chance at winning this whole thing, and as a player from the 59th district i hope they do. LC shoulda stayed in their own region. Hail Pikeville.

well since this is the first time pikeville has won the region since LC has been in it and the 1st time pikeville has beat LC, i really dont understand this statement.
akaLCallTHEway Wrote:well since this is the first time pikeville has won the region since LC has been in it and the 1st time pikeville has beat LC, i really dont understand this statement.

As of 8:32 a.m. on Saturday morning, Pikeville hasn't won the region yet.... Please quit acting like you've eaten sour grapes.... choose a team, support them, and if they advance.... support them then at state!

Being a dedicated LC fan is great... we all are avid fans of our teams... But GET OVER IT!!!!! LC lost to the "better" Pikeville team on Thursday night.... And as my momma once told me.... "All good things must come to an end".... I would have supported LC to win state had my team not been in this tourney... Geez.... your draggin it out son!!!
Regardless of who wins you should always support your region at the state tournament.
akaLCallTHEway Wrote:well since this is the first time pikeville has won the region since LC has been in it and the 1st time pikeville has beat LC, i really dont understand this statement.

its not like LC was as good as they have been the previous years.
would have called it an upset if it was 2 years ago or last year.

great season dawgs.

goodluck panthers.

The last time Pikeville won a region was 2005 and I think LC got beat by Boyd in the 1st game of District, am I right? 361 days left to pout, it is going by quick.
who pitched?
LC cant win it every year. Get them next year Dawgs. Good luck to pikeville.
catwoman Wrote:LC cant win it every year. Get them next year Dawgs. Good luck to pikeville.

See I think your wrong. I think with the talent they have they should be in the finals every year with a chance to win the region every year. I think it was a matter of them just not showing up this year and a very good Pikeville team took advantage of their mistakes, and that is what good teams do. All I am saying is if they would have showed up and played their best they would have had a very good chance of winning the region again this year.
I didnt really think LC was all that great this year. I know in 8 innings against Zach they only managed 1 run. I saw this score coming from a mile away. Good luck Pikeville bring that rophy back to the mountains.
Congrats Pikeville. Lawrence County wasn't as good this year without Chandler on the mound. Who pitched for LC in this one? Burton? I look for the Bulldogs to be very good next year if Chandler can have a successful come back. I hope the Panters represent the 15th well in state.
One thing I would like to say is how poorly the LC admin. used this chance to host the tournament. It was in no way shape or form a "neutral" site as a post season tournament should be treated. The Lawrence County batters should not have been accompanied to the plate with their regular season batting music, when other teams were not given the same luxury. The folks at Applebee's have it right. Make the atmosphere enjoyable for both teams by using sounds effects and music, but do it evenly and without bias. Next time LC is to host a tournament, I would hope they do a better job of keeping things as neutral as possible.

Having said that, the field was in excellent condition and it is a great high school baseball facility and one of which LC should be very proud. Good Luck to both clubs next year.
Panther Thunder Wrote:One thing I would like to say is how poorly the LC admin. used this chance to host the tournament. It was in no way shape or form a "neutral" site as a post season tournament should be treated. The Lawrence County batters should not have been accompanied to the plate with their regular season batting music, when other teams were not given the same luxury. The folks at Applebee's have it right. Make the atmosphere enjoyable for both teams by using sounds effects and music, but do it evenly and without bias. Next time LC is to host a tournament, I would hope they do a better job of keeping things as neutral as possible.

Having said that, the field was in excellent condition and it is a great high school baseball facility and one of which LC should be very proud. Good Luck to both clubs next year.

If thats the only thing you have to complain about then I think they did a very good job.