Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 57 final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Johnson central 10 lc 7
Who Pitched for each team?
Pitched only one inning but i was empressed
LC went thru 4 pitchers. Shepherd pitched first inning for his first outing in nearly a year. Banks started the 2nd inning but was quickly replaced with Cline . Cline started off slow with no time to even warm up but got his game on by the 3rd inning. He pitched well but LC just couldn't pull it off. Kelly closed out the game the last inning.
Looks like MOST were wrong. Way to go Eagles.
justfacts Wrote:LC went thru 4 pitchers. Shepherd pitched first inning for his first outing in nearly a year. Banks started the 2nd inning but was quickly replaced with Cline . Cline started off slow with no time to even warm up but got his game on by the 3rd inning. He pitched well but LC just couldn't pull it off. Kelly closed out the game the last inning.

VERY VERY disappointed in all involved in this decision whether it be coaches and/or parents who let this happen. I will explain the pros and cons of this decision.

Pros:
1. win meaningless game when both teams advance either way
2. get an inning work when he could have just done bullpen instead.

Cons if he injures himself again:
1. Lose D1 scholarship.
2. Kill any chance of getting drafted now or later in his career by MLB.
3. Cause injury to another part of his arm trying to protect his Surgery area.
4. Cause him to sit out Sr. year with another injury, thus resulting in numbers 1 and 2 above.
5. Kill chances of being scouted due to not getting to play with Midland this summer.

People this kid is SPECIAL treat him as such. Another injury will kill any chances of him playing beyond college. This is not a surgery that one can come back from in 10 months, recommendations are between 12 to 18 months. Dont give me the EXPERTS are handling him crap because time is the best healer of any injury. Why the rush, he is not a senior trying to impress college scouts he has another 12 months before the draft and 14 months before his first day of college if the draft doesnt work out. Kremchek did Scott Little's surgery and I suspect he did Chandlers. Ask Scott Little what trying to rush back will do to an arm. I also dont buy the story that Chan worked harder than Scott theory. I know Scott followed the Drs. orders and rehab exact to their orders. Scott is a great person still but is unable to do what he loves to do most, be on the mound. Scott was a Sr. and did not have the time Chan has, he had to prove to Coaches that he was back in order to pick up a last minute scholarship.
DONT RUSH HIM HE HAS MANY YEARS TO PLAY THE GAME IF HANDLED PROPERLY, OTHERWISE HE WAS A GREAT HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER WHO SUFFERRED A TERRIBLE INJURY AND JUST TRIED TO COME BACK TOO SOON. :dontthink.
Commanche Wrote:VERY VERY disappointed in all involved in this decision whether it be coaches and/or parents who let this happen. I will explain the pros and cons of this decision.

Pros:
1. win meaningless game when both teams advance either way
2. get an inning work when he could have just done bullpen instead.

Cons if he injures himself again:
1. Lose D1 scholarship.
2. Kill any chance of getting drafted now or later in his career by MLB.
3. Cause injury to another part of his arm trying to protect his Surgery area.
4. Cause him to sit out Sr. year with another injury, thus resulting in numbers 1 and 2 above.
5. Kill chances of being scouted due to not getting to play with Midland this summer.

People this kid is SPECIAL treat him as such. Another injury will kill any chances of him playing beyond college. This is not a surgery that one can come back from in 10 months, recommendations are between 12 to 18 months. Dont give me the EXPERTS are handling him crap because time is the best healer of any injury. Why the rush, he is not a senior trying to impress college scouts he has another 12 months before the draft and 14 months before his first day of college if the draft doesnt work out. Kremchek did Scott Little's surgery and I suspect he did Chandlers. Ask Scott Little what trying to rush back will do to an arm. I also dont buy the story that Chan worked harder than Scott theory. I know Scott followed the Drs. orders and rehab exact to their orders. Scott is a great person still but is unable to do what he loves to do most, be on the mound. Scott was a Sr. and did not have the time Chan has, he had to prove to Coaches that he was back in order to pick up a last minute scholarship.
DONT RUSH HIM HE HAS MANY YEARS TO PLAY THE GAME IF HANDLED PROPERLY, OTHERWISE HE WAS A GREAT HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER WHO SUFFERRED A TERRIBLE INJURY AND JUST TRIED TO COME BACK TOO SOON. :dontthink.

I COULDNT AGREE MORE!!!

He is a special kid, who in my opinion never should have even been in a situation to have an injury. I know these things happen and it was an accident, but look around the state and all of the very special pitchers over the past 5 to 10 years and think about which ones had to sit out because they had to have season ending surgery? Think real hard.....Little is one of the only ones, and why? Mainly because when an experienced team with an experienced staff has a kid with that type of an arm THEY TAKE CARE OF HIM. They dont pitch him twice a week. You may say twice a week is not that big of a deal, but whenever you have been pitching varsity since the 7th grade and are that special, it is a very big deal! He should be getting paid to play this game in a few years and if he doesnt its a travesty. He should have been "taken care of" a lot earlier than when he has to have surgery. Last night was rediculus to put him on the mound. What point was made by pitching him one inning?

One more thing.....I think seeing the outcome of this game that it should put Pikeville as the favorite to win the 15th Region. Pikeville has some great talent and some tough kids this year. You can tell by watching them they hate to loose and have the competitive edge that its going to take to win the region. So at this point that would be my prediction. However, on another note, there is going to be a team come Sunday that is going to look back and wish they would've thrown the district championship game because they just drew Lawrence County in the first round. That would be terrible for a winner, but I do remember a very jacked up Pikeville team back in 08' that had LC first round and came out and scored 4 runs in the first inning. Regardless of the draw, I think I am going to pick the Panthers anyhow.
I agree with you all. What in the world are they thinking. I dont know who made the decision parent or coach but I would be very cautious on risking a young mans future on a meaningless game. Chandler is very talented and might or might not come back thats still to be decided. As to last night, he wasnt even close to his old self. Throwing 78 to 82 mph and straight fastballs in my personal thoughts could have been done on the side. Let him go slow and take his time. Pitching a baseball is a violet action. I hope they make better decisions moving forward/ it was hard to watch!
411 on the levisa lazer stories about this game & the entire tourney....horrible stats, can't get the players names right....can't even get the names & pictures of players correct....Where is Shapaka???? He was a class act!!