Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What the schedule for this year?
Look for the Panthers to start making deep playoff runs again, as soon as this year!
Boyd Co.
Danville
Prestonsburg
Belfry
South Floyd
paintsville
Sheldon Clark
Phelps
Allen Central
Betsy Lane
Danville game, home or away?
Big Five-0- Wrote:Danville game, home or away?
Away. Pigskin Classic @ Corbin.
:Thumbs:
what makes this year any diff from the last 7-8 yrs?
Where's the Boyd game at?
Pikeville(Pike Co. Bowl).
If memory serves me right, i think Danville finished 7-5 last season. Anybody know what they have coming back this yr.?
Its going to be interesting for us this season IMO. A lot of ?. We are loaded at the skill positions but will our younger linemen pan out? We have athletes on D but will they tackle anyone? (The only defensive player who would hit anyone last year on a consistent basis will still be playing at Hambley this year but he will be wearing orange) Is coach Mac going to stick with the spread O or go with his more traditional power I?
Anyone else see a 5-5 record or is it just me?
Hate to admit it, but i'll say your close. Just hope those young linemen come through.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Its going to be interesting for us this season IMO. A lot of ?. We are loaded at the skill positions but will our younger linemen pan out? We have athletes on D but will they tackle anyone? (The only defensive player who would hit anyone last year on a consistent basis will still be playing at Hambley this year but he will be wearing orange) Is coach Mac going to stick with the spread O or go with his more traditional power I?

I like the power I, but if the spread works better, thats good too.I just hope they suprise us all in a positive way.
I heard today that Boyd Co. dropped out of the PCB. Anyone else heard this?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I heard today that Boyd Co. dropped out of the PCB. Anyone else heard this?

I haven't heard this. I wonder if it is true, would the PCB committee have time to get a quality opponent?
A good mixture of the Power I and Spread would be very beneficial...imo
I think Pikeville will need some time to rebuild. There have been many changes there, coaching and what not. Looking at the schedule, I see a 5-5 season, anything above that is a bonus. People in Pikeville need to be patient and give Coach MacNamee time to build the program.
:Thumbs:
School Admin. Wrote:I think Pikeville will need some time to rebuild. There have been many changes there, coaching and what not. Looking at the schedule, I see a 5-5 season, anything above that is a bonus. People in Pikeville need to be patient and give Coach MacNamee time to build the program.
School Admin. Wrote:I think Pikeville will need some time to rebuild. There have been many changes there, coaching and what not. Looking at the schedule, I see a 5-5 season, anything above that is a bonus. People in Pikeville need to be patient and give Coach MacNamee time to build the program.

100% correct !
PHS would be extremely good, all they need is a Line. Plenty of great skill players
If...Then Wrote:PHS would be extremely good, all they need is a Line. Plenty of great skill players

Agree. They will be young there(line).
bucslover68 Wrote:I haven't heard this. I wonder if it is true, would the PCB committee have time to get a quality opponent?

yea if its ture maybe they will let Belfry play them and Pikeville play Holy Cross again for a rematch,lol
Big Five-0- Wrote:If memory serves me right, i think Danville finished 7-5 last season. Anybody know what they have coming back this yr.?

Not sure what they have coming back but I bet it involves speed.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Not sure what they have coming back but I bet it involves speed.

Agree. Seeme like it has always involved speed with them.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Agree. They will be young there(line).
They will be young but they have potential. Lets just hope these kids realize it because, quite frankly, our season will depend on it.
[quote=HAIL PIKEVILLE!]They will be young but they have potential. Lets just hope these kids realize it because, quite frankly, our season will depend on it.[/QUO
Hopefully, they will recognize their potential early enough to get a good start for the season. Agree with IF...THEN, we've goy plenty of skill, just need to get some experience on the line.
Yes I do believe phs will be a good football team. even without a line
PIKEcountyFAN Wrote:Yes I do believe phs will be a good football team. even without a line
I hate to disagree but no football team has ever been good without a good line.
Zach Vanhoose set a national record for his age group on kickoffs at the Ray Guy kicking camp he attended. He's a legit Div1 kicker with a BIG leg & will be looked at by several major universities. Congrats Zach on your hard work!!
Thats great news. He will definitely make a difference this season.
Pages: 1 2 3