Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence 3 Sheldon Clark 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dawgs win in a close one. Congratulations
That lead off homer for SC was a daggone shot.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:That lead off homer for SC was a daggone shot.
True that was a shot but was really the only solid hit Sam allowed the rest of the night. At one point he struck out 6 in a row.. I think he finished with 9 or 10 strike outs on the night. Dawgs advance to play Johnson central.
Sheldon Clark Almost came back in this one and I for one thought they was going to.
Tyler Todd deserved better but five errors and at least three passed balls did him in but the baseball gods were not with the Cards.
Very exciting game. The Cards made it anybody's game to the very last out. Congrats to LC.
3 unearned runs by the dogs as well they only had 3 hits
Lawrence County only had 3 hits? I was not aware Sheldon Clark had a good team?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Lawrence County only had 3 hits? I was not aware Sheldon Clark had a good team?
Well you know it is a new season when district and region come around. Lexington Cath can tell you about it. The #1 team in the state goes down 8-0 in district and will not make region. This time of year it is about who came ready to play today.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Well you know it is a new season when district and region come around. Lexington Cath can tell you about it. The #1 team in the state goes down 8-0 in district and will not make region. This time of year it is about who came ready to play today.

I agree with you 100%, but not about the Lexington Catholic thing. They were overrated all year, and Tates Creek has, one of, if not the best pitcher in the state in Gott, not too mention how underrated their offense was. The bad thing about those rankings is it becomes a popularity contest, and people see the name and vote them in regardless of how good their team is. Lexington Christian has a very good chance of winning both State Championships this season, and its very well deserved, very classy team.

Your right about it being a new season, but you have to establish a tone for your team in the district. All I have heard all year is how good of a hitting team LC has, and their first two games hasn't shown that. They need to really blow out JC in the Championship to establish themselves as the best team in the region. Otherwise, your going to have more and more teams gain confidence with each close game against a mediocre opponents, and thats not what you want going into the regional tournament.
In my opinion the last play of the game was the best of the contest. Jordan Miller picking the kid off trying to steal second base from home was a nice shot and a nice tag by I think Josh Mills, correct me if I'm wrong. Jordan was jacked up after that. Nice game Cardinals and good luck next season. Batpuff you are correct on the number of strike outs for Sam in a row, it was 6, one of the better games Sam has pitched all year.
NEVER EVER count Mike Hall out, he always has the troops ready for war come Tourney time. He is the best in the region imo.

The game was awesome! Dont knock the LC hitters too bad, there was a Pitcher named Todd who kept the ball low and away and that tends to make hitters struggle. He pitched a whale of a game and did not deserve to lose that one. Burton was phenominal as well. LC manages to find a way to win and they are the favorite until someone beats them. Pikeville, JC and Belfry have the best shot of knocking them off but they better come to play. The biggest thing I see is LC getting a little cocky and thinking everyone else will lay down for them. Not gonna happen at Pikeville, I can assure you they think they are better than LC right now. This imo should be the big matchup in region but neither team better overlook JC and Belfry especially. Pooh knows how to win the close ones just like his brother.
Commanche Wrote:NEVER EVER count Mike Hall out, he always has the troops ready for war come Tourney time. He is the best in the region imo.

The game was awesome! Dont knock the LC hitters too bad, there was a Pitcher named Todd who kept the ball low and away and that tends to make hitters struggle. He pitched a whale of a game and did not deserve to lose that one. Burton was phenominal as well. LC manages to find a way to win and they are the favorite until someone beats them. Pikeville, JC and Belfry have the best shot of knocking them off but they better come to play. The biggest thing I see is LC getting a little cocky and thinking everyone else will lay down for them. Not gonna happen at Pikeville, I can assure you they think they are better than LC right now. This imo should be the big matchup in region but neither team better overlook JC and Belfry especially. Pooh knows how to win the close ones just like his brother.

I agree with you... LC knows they have a battle on there hands... They have beaten the teams u have mentioned already and knows it will be a fight. But with it all being played at LC they should have the mojo on there side.. Good luck to all the teams.
Congrats to the Dawgs!! This one was close. Mills & Miller were definately the heroes in the last inning. Saw some good defense out of Kelly and Parsons too. Putting the Cline kid in to run for Banks to score the winning run was a good move, excellent base running for a kid that size. Burton pitched a heck of a game. Everyone was excited to see Shepherd back in the outfield. Can't wait to see him on the mound next year.
Mills made up for his earlier error by getting the runner going home. And Millers shot to second on the steal to end the game was as good as it gets at any level.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Mills made up for his earlier error by getting the runner going home. And Millers shot to second on the steal to end the game was as good as it gets at any level.

Miller is the real deal!! Best of Luck to him at Alice Lloyd!!