Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: illegals and unemployment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
750,000 NEW FOREIGN WORKERS vs. 990,000 JOBS SAVED/CREATED

Based on last year’s rate, it appears that the hand extended by the federal government to unemployed Americans THIS YEAR has already given them nearly 750,000 new immigrants to compete with them for the dwindling number of jobs.

That number is particularly interesting when compared with another number that the White House proclaimed on Oct. 30. The number was 990,000.

The White House announced that the $159 billion of Stimulus money spent thus far, plus the $189 billion of tax relief this year, had created or saved 990,000 jobs.

Putting aside charges by critics that the estimated number was far higher than was credible, compare the 990,000 jobs with the 750,000 new working-age immigrants given permanent work permits during the same period. It would appear that the majority of the $348 billion of Stimulus and tax relief went for jobs needed to just keep up with the workers brought in by our immigration system.

The above was from NUMBERSUSA.COM This does not include illegals. Also of note the southwest will be more than 50% hispanic by about 2040 or so.

I suggest that the immigration battle is already lost. Our government could not undertake any major effort to deport or control this problem(even if they wanted to) without having huge uprisings in every southwest city. I cannot see this country taking the steps to stop illegal immigration. We presently pay taxes for all government pubications to be printed in spanish. We must press "1" for english. I guess after 2040 in the southwest they will be pressing "2" for english.

I have heard no one speak on the impact to the environment another 20 to 40 million people will have on the area. It seems that the same people in favor of illegal immigration are the same people having a problem with strip minning.
notamoocher Wrote:750,000 NEW FOREIGN WORKERS vs. 990,000 JOBS SAVED/CREATED

Based on last year’s rate, it appears that the hand extended by the federal government to unemployed Americans THIS YEAR has already given them nearly 750,000 new immigrants to compete with them for the dwindling number of jobs.

That number is particularly interesting when compared with another number that the White House proclaimed on Oct. 30. The number was 990,000.

The White House announced that the $159 billion of Stimulus money spent thus far, plus the $189 billion of tax relief this year, had created or saved 990,000 jobs.

Putting aside charges by critics that the estimated number was far higher than was credible, compare the 990,000 jobs with the 750,000 new working-age immigrants given permanent work permits during the same period. It would appear that the majority of the $348 billion of Stimulus and tax relief went for jobs needed to just keep up with the workers brought in by our immigration system.

The above was from NUMBERSUSA.COM This does not include illegals. Also of note the southwest will be more than 50% hispanic by about 2040 or so.

I suggest that the immigration battle is already lost. Our government could not undertake any major effort to deport or control this problem(even if they wanted to) without having huge uprisings in every southwest city. I cannot see this country taking the steps to stop illegal immigration. We presently pay taxes for all government pubications to be printed in spanish. We must press "1" for english. I guess after 2040 in the southwest they will be pressing "2" for english.

I have heard no one speak on the impact to the environment another 20 to 40 million people will have on the area. It seems that the same people in favor of illegal immigration are the same people having a problem with strip minning.
And the Republicans before Obama did what to stop this influx?
The flow of illegals flowing into the U.S. began under the tenure of a guy name Mrs. Billary Clinton.
TheRealVille Wrote:And the Republicans before Obama did what to stop this influx?

I never blamed democrats, just they have spent $350 billion. No one has tried to control this problem. Now I believe it is to late. The southwest can not handle 20 to 40 million more people. They do not have the water. What to think about it?