Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Middlesboro buyout City/County Bowl contract
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
former Wrote:derogatory, how was I that. I was simply showing someone they were wrong.
becasue I put BOY in CAPS, so what. It was an expression of disbelief in the knowlegdge of rules. Kind of like Charlie Brown saying oh BOY. But take it how ever you want.

You would compare that to Charlie Brown. I'll leave it at that. I'm done with this stupid stuff. If you don't see how your posts come off as being what it is, I'm wasting my time explaining it. You don't have to be a smart*** to be noticed on a forum. Enough of this. I want to talk about the game. That's it.
johnnyt Wrote:i can atleast stay on topic as long as people like you dont come onto a thread and go off on your "i hate bell rant". maybe your AD or a mod should teach you how to properly stay on topic in the thread.

btw this will be my last off topic comment on this thread. if you still have a problem with my comment contact me through pm.

johnnyt how do you read this about the buyout? If mboro was to buy out can Alcoa play another game? I don't see how they can if that forfeit counts as a win for Alcoa. I thought teams were only allowed to have 10 games on their schedule. That being said, wouldn't Alcoa have to give their consent to drop the contest in order to play someone else. I'm mind boggled over this.
former Wrote:You need to go ask your AD how to post a comment without being a jack***. If you can't then the mods should remind you of how to post appropriately.

Yeah I sure will. Right after you tell everyone else.

i have seen a lot on here and talk to some people that are consider kids i am 19 and yet i know how to control my mouth and know when to quit talking about something maybe you should to so dont tell people to post appropriately when you dont i read some of your post before this about bell county
If Middlesboro buys out the contract before the game date then they can schedule a game in Alcoas place. It then leaves Alcoa looking for a game. No one gets a forfeit W or L. Middlesboro simply buys out regardless if Alcoa cares or not. It happend with Trimble and Pike Cent I believe, but i read where Pike Cent is looking for a game.
well the biggest thing is i have no idea if the current contract is the "standard contract" the one i posted. if it is, at least to me, it indicates that all 4 teams would have to agree to cancel the contracts and agree to new ones without paying a fee. that being said i am not sure what the contract signed by the parties states. maybe amped knows the language of the contract. also i am assuming that the contract was signed 2 years ago, before the first game. there may be specific language their that dictates the game set up and it could be impossible to change it now.

my opinion the best way to see all of this is that bell plays green and m'boro plays alcoa. i really doubt that would ever change.
Also if Middlesboro waits till after the game to pay then it is a forfeit loss. Tehy cant schedule anyone in that place either.
Also like someone said it could be a special type of contract. Guaranteed money.
We look forward to coming back to KY. The Bell fans were great to us visitors and very helpful with directions and comments about places to eat. In fact, I now have quite a few friends now from Bell County and was extremely impressed with that team last year. Looking forward to going back to KY in this bowl game. Hoping to be able to say hello to some of my Bell friends. Maybe make some new friends.

As far as all this board talk goes.........I ignore the most of it. This game is about the kids and I wish them all a great game played with honor, sportmanship and pride - no matter what team they play for.

So, this is your positive comment for the day from your friendly football mom from Alcoa.
If they play Alcoa, It can only help them. (imo) Their not expected to win, so there is no pressure. Play the game and see what works and what don't, then get ready for week two.
D-manz Wrote:If they play Alcoa, It can only help them. (imo) Their not expected to win, so there is no pressure. Play the game and see what works and what don't, then get ready for week two.

How will getting throbbed help a team? If anything, it will hurt the team.

IMHO, M'boro needs to make a move to schedule someone else. Alcoa could beat probably every team in Kentucky, no matter what class they're in. M'boro is starting its football program from scratch and getting hammered by Alcoa will not help the team at all. Scheduling someone that M'boro can likely defeat will help the team more than anything. But it is going to be hard to get a schedule change since many are already set in stone.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:How will getting throbbed help a team? If anything, it will hurt the team.

IMHO, M'boro needs to make a move to schedule someone else. Alcoa could beat probably every team in Kentucky, no matter what class they're in. M'boro is starting its football program from scratch and getting hammered by Alcoa will not help the team at all. Scheduling someone that M'boro can likely defeat will help the team more than anything. But it is going to be hard to get a schedule change since many are already set in stone.

Yeah this may not be the best for M'boro, but with a competitive coach, he will only hope that it will help him in some way. And when the contract has them tied up theres not much you can do.
It will not help them at all and Randy knows that. Getting beat by 60 will only tell you nothing works.
If just one play works against Alcoa, thats one play to keep in the books. If two plays work, again it is a postive.
the same way a coach can find faults with their team when they blow out an opponent, they can find areas of encouragement when they get blown out by their opponent.

when that monday comes after the game and as long as the team played as hard as they could and didnt give up, the coach can tell those kids that is the best team they will play that year and they will be a better team for it.

the questions should be "should alcoa buyout the game?" what do they benefit from it. to travel 2 hours to beat a team that will not tell them anything as to what they need to do to improve as a team.
Pages: 1 2 3