Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Leslie County football coach Tim Koogler steps down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Per WYMT on there twitter page.
WOW!!! That's super late. Who's in line to replace him?
Jackson05 Wrote:WOW!!! That's super late. Who's in line to replace him?

I agree it is real late. Maybe there is all ready someone in place.
Amped 88 Wrote:I agree it is real late. Maybe there is all ready someone in place.

Maybe Coach Greer?
attacktheV Wrote:Maybe Coach Greer?

:thatsfunn
I hear Jason Chappell is going to accept the job next week. At least thats what Koog told me at Dairy Queen yesterday. Good luck Coach Chappell.
Anything ?
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I hear Jason Chappell is going to accept the job next week. At least thats what Koog told me at Dairy Queen yesterday. Good luck Coach Chappell.

Don't see that happening.
Who all is in the running for the job?
Any news on the job? One would have to think they will announce soon.
Amped 88 Wrote:Don't see that happening.

Koogler must be drinking too many milk shakes from Dairy Queen
What about Dan Howard? He is an assistant at Hazard and a Leslie Co. graduate!
Im Shocked about this one, anyone know why Tim step down?
I would say he got forced out. jmo.
It was not a force out. It has to do with his job. He will still be coaching. One of his assistants will be the head coach now.
That would be a bad situation for the new Head Coach if the former HC is an assistant.
Maybe, but that is how it is going to be over there. I'd say that there is an understanding between the two that outsiders would not be privy to.
They have about 10 to 15 applicants and will interview for a new coach. It will be someone from outside the area.
That would be something new and probably a better situation but I was told by someone on the staff over there that Koogler would be OC and one of his assistants would be the new head coach. Who knows?
Why are people so opposed to outsiders coming in coaching? Not just in Leslie but other places.
Fear of the unknown. Sometimes people are just comfortable with people they know. They would rather feeling warm and fuzzy instead of taking a risk.
Also I think a lot of it is due to the fact that some people may be afraid of losing that easy reach into the cookie jar.
I have heard two totally different things from people in the county. They are looking to bring someone in from outside the community with experience and the other being that an assistant will take the job and that Koog will still be calling the shots.

Kind of exact opposites. Any other news ?
Leslie has been so bad over Tim Koogler stint, they need to go outside.