Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: High School Realignment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When is the next HS realignment??
redhound93 Wrote:When is the next HS realignment??

The next realignment will take effect for the 2011 season.
Does anyone know what will definitely happen as far as moving up or down?
usually it's already been posted by now.
Go Eagles Wrote:usually it's already been posted by now.

Not if the realignment is not untl 2011. That would be more than a school year away.
I keep hearing that Corbin is probably moving up. They have the enrollment to move up to 3A. I think they will be competitive enough to come in 3A, considering the 3A is weak other than the likes of Central and Paducah Tilman.
Hatz Wrote:Not if the realignment is not untl 2011. That would be more than a school year away.
It has in the past. It comes out early so teams are set on who district they are in and then schools can start scheduling teams they can play for the 2011 year. You wouldn't schedule teams the year you play them.
It also gives them a chance to appeal due to travel, or mutual agreements between schools.
Go Eagles Wrote:usually it's already been posted by now.
How can I find out? Do I go to KHSAA? Does anyone know the possible teams that Corbin would play as far as district. I know county schools are at least 4A and we are the biggest city school in the tri-county area. I would like to see Corbin play Rock again, I know we play eachother in middle school.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Does anyone know what will definitely happen as far as moving up or down?

That has not been decided yet and will be decided when the alignment is done. I expect that to be discussed by the KHSAA in August and be voted on by the KHSAA in October.
redhound93 Wrote:How can I find out? Do I go to KHSAA? Does anyone know the possible teams that Corbin would play as far as district. I know county schools are at least 4A and we are the biggest city school in the tri-county area. I would like to see Corbin play Rock again, I know we play eachother in middle school.

I would love to see Corbin and Bell play again but we know that won't happen unless they are moved into the same class and district.
redhound93 Wrote:How can I find out? Do I go to KHSAA? Does anyone know the possible teams that Corbin would play as far as district. I know county schools are at least 4A and we are the biggest city school in the tri-county area. I would like to see Corbin play Rock again, I know we play eachother in middle school.

That would be nice. Rock and Corbin try to play each other as much as they can it seems. I seem to remember a Rock game at Corbin about 4-5 years ago. Has there been a game since that?

Also, the teams are relatively close.
Amped 88 Wrote:I would love to see Corbin and Bell play again but we know that won't happen unless they are moved into the same class and district.
Bell and Corbin are classic matchups in the past it would be nice to see them get back together.
lwc Wrote:That would be nice. Rock and Corbin try to play each other as much as they can it seems. I seem to remember a Rock game at Corbin about 4-5 years ago. Has there been a game since that?

Also, the teams are relatively close.

they played in Danville Bob Allen Pigskin Classic in 2005. the Final was 2-0 rock wining by a saftey. i would like to see corbin move up into our district.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:they played in Danville Bob Allen Pigskin Classic in 2005. the Final was 2-0 rock wining by a saftey. i would like to see corbin move up into our district.

Me too.
Generals2010 Wrote:I keep hearing that Corbin is probably moving up. They have the enrollment to move up to 3A. I think they will be competitive enough to come in 3A, considering the 3A is weak other than the likes of Central and Paducah Tilman.

so Breahitt, Belfry,Russell is weak, this last year i give you there was not where near the last 6yrs but still not weak..
cuppett777 Wrote:so Breahitt, Belfry,Russell is weak, this last year i give you there was not where near the last 6yrs but still not weak..

yeah Breathitt and Corbin in the 2002 state championship, Haddox and company made history by beating Corbin 52-0 the biggest margin ever in a state championship game. According to the enrollment #'s Breathitt will be a
2A team and Corbin will be moving to 3A with Bell County,unless one of them plays up a class.
cherokee Wrote:yeah Breathitt and Corbin in the 2002 state championship, Haddox and company made history by beating Corbin 52-0 the biggest margin ever in a state championship game. According to the enrollment #'s Breathitt will be a
2A team and Corbin will be moving to 3A with Bell County,unless one of them plays up a class.

Sounds good to me. I would love to see that happen.
I thought Bell County was 4A? Are they going to drop to down to 3A next year?
El Indio Wrote:I thought Bell County was 4A? Are they going to drop to down to 3A next year?

I think what they meant is if Corbin moved up to a 3A and then played up to a 4A so they would be able to play Bell. Correct me if I am wrong!
Generals2010 Wrote:I think what they meant is if Corbin moved up to a 3A and then played up to a 4A so they would be able to play Bell. Correct me if I am wrong!

I think that people are saying that Bell would be dropping to 3A because of their enrollment. Corbin has increased a whole lot.
Amped 88 Wrote:I think that people are saying that Bell would be dropping to 3A because of their enrollment. Corbin has increased a whole lot.

Oh, I get it. THen who would replace Rock and Knox Central? Or would they still play?
El Indio Wrote:Oh, I get it. THen who would replace Rock and Knox Central? Or would they still play?

I don't know but it will be intersting when the new alignment comes out.
Whatever the new alignment will be there will be some old rivalries renewed. I cant see Corbin going any higher then 3A right now. Also we have to wait and see what the courts say about the reciprocal agreement between Corbin and Knox County, because that will effect future alignments.
How many teams will this affect? Who will be most hurt by this?
yeah where would owen county fit in to this
So they won't make a decision until 2012 season right?
The Re-Alignment takes effect in the 2011 season...
I'd like to see the KHSAA go from 6-classes to 5.

I think it would be a good move.
To go back so early in my opinion is telling everyone they made a mistake. I like the 6 classes. More money for football dealing with gate sales in the playoffs, but I don't like the 4 team districts that has 6 teams in another district that is in the same region. Class A Region 4 district 7 and 8 is a great example. Too many teams in district 8, but only 4 in district 7.
Pages: 1 2