Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dale Earnhart JR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has he lost his edge, what is your opinions.
he is never gonna win anything...he just plain sucks
Jr came close to winning a title a few years back. Before johnson took over. And was penalized for saying shi...........) T... on tv.
If you witnessed the greatest driver in history, your hero, and your father die in a car accident that by eye looked harmless wouldn't you lose some of your edge? I can understand him being a bit timid and afraid to drive to his full capability. However don't count Jr. out for good, he has a good year or two left in him, but it will only come with age, he must first grow up and quit his partying.
i'm not that big of nascar fan..but i did like his dad...now my uncle is a nascar freak just like my dad
I've been posting for three years that he is not a good driver. He didn't recently lose his edge, he stopped being affective 5 years ago. His first 5 he was solid, on the verge of being special, then down the dumper!
he is a good driver, is he is good as his dad? no, but no one should compare him to dale. well his last couple of years at DEI were bad not because of him but more because of the organization. i think they got comfortable and didnt try to stay ahead of everyone where they clearly had an advantage. the rest of the teams caught up with them, then past them and they never could get it back.

now at hendrick it is a different story (though rick did say that his team is no longer the top organization in nascar as far as performance). the problem with dale now is that he cant drive the COT. he has been unable to adapt to the aerodynamic properties of the COT and as you see he is struggling. if you look as most of the racers that are doing well in nascar (johnson, bush, stewart and several others) they all have 1 thing in common. they race just about anything; open wheel, outlaws whatever. earnhardt is too specialized with his driving style to really compete today. he is use to the old nascar bodies and because of his singular training in that, is having a hard time to adapt and over come.
Not gonna be as successful as his dad, but I have to agree that he is not doing as good as he was.. Not a Nascar fan either but my grandmother was a die hard Jeff Gordon fan.
Personally, i beleive that if Dale senoir never raced....no one would even know dale jr...
Greatness Wrote:Personally, i beleive that if Dale senoir never raced....no one would even know dale jr...

Well Probably Lol. I mean he wouldnt have had that desire to race.
Greatness Wrote:Personally, i beleive that if Dale senoir never raced....no one would even know dale jr...

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs: He reminds me a lot of Kyle Petty.
unlike his dad he dont drive to win he drives for the money and endorsements
You have to have an edge to lose it. For as much respect that I had for Dale Sr...... I balance it out with disdain for Junior.

From Day 1 all Junior cared about was chasing tail and endorsement deals.
Ok so here we go again. You JR haters really make me laugh. You guys really want to act like hes never won a race before. If JR were to quit today hes got nothing to be ashamed of in his career. I find it funny that while Carl Edwards has went nearly as long as JR has without reaching Victory Lane. Nobody says Carl "has lost his edge". When Kevin Harvick went over 3 YEARS without winning nobody said that "hes overated" or "he doesnt want it anymore". Greg Biffle has went almost 2 years now as well without a win but nobody says "He Sucks". Whats so ironic about all those names Ive just mentioned is they are all viewed as better driving talents than JR but yet JR has won more races than all those guys with Matt Kenseth thrown in there as well. Ill be the first to admit JR isnt the best out there but he IS good and his record speaks for itself. Ill be the first to admit, no wait a minute, JR HIMSELF would be the first to admit that he isnt his daddy but my ? is: Name me one driver out there who is?
back_in_black Wrote:unlike his dad he dont drive to win he drives for the money and endorsements
So I guess all the other drivers out there are doing it for free? Please tell me you honestly believe that because that makes your statement that much funnier.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Ok so here we go again. You JR haters really make me laugh. You guys really want to act like hes never won a race before. If JR were to quit today hes got nothing to be ashamed of in his career. I find it funny that while Carl Edwards has went nearly as long as JR has without reaching Victory Lane. Nobody says Carl "has lost his edge". When Kevin Harvick went over 3 YEARS without winning nobody said that "hes overated" or "he doesnt want it anymore". Greg Biffle has went almost 2 years now as well without a win but nobody says "He Sucks". Whats so ironic about all those names Ive just mentioned is they are all viewed as better driving talents than JR but yet JR has won more races than all those guys with Matt Kenseth thrown in there as well. Ill be the first to admit JR isnt the best out there but he IS good and his record speaks for itself. Ill be the first to admit, no wait a minute, JR HIMSELF would be the first to admit that he isnt his daddy but my ? is: Name me one driver out there who is?

I don't hate JR. I just don't think he is a very good driver. I also agree with others who say he has lost his edge. He's just not very good IMO.
I think Jr. simply lost his focus somewhere along all the changes he's been through. I also feel that his crew from top to bottom are not affective and lack attention to detail. If Jr. ever want's to get it back he needs to surround himself with the right team and stick it out until they have it down. To much moving around is self defeating on a racetrack.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Ok so here we go again. You JR haters really make me laugh. You guys really want to act like hes never won a race before. If JR were to quit today hes got nothing to be ashamed of in his career. I find it funny that while Carl Edwards has went nearly as long as JR has without reaching Victory Lane. Nobody says Carl "has lost his edge". When Kevin Harvick went over 3 YEARS without winning nobody said that "hes overated" or "he doesnt want it anymore". Greg Biffle has went almost 2 years now as well without a win but nobody says "He Sucks". Whats so ironic about all those names Ive just mentioned is they are all viewed as better driving talents than JR but yet JR has won more races than all those guys with Matt Kenseth thrown in there as well. Ill be the first to admit JR isnt the best out there but he IS good and his record speaks for itself. Ill be the first to admit, no wait a minute, JR HIMSELF would be the first to admit that he isnt his daddy but my ? is: Name me one driver out there who is?

Absolutely 100% agree with you. And to answer your question: no one. There will never I repeat NEVER be another Dale Earnhardt Sr.
Westside Wrote:I don't hate JR. I just don't think he is a very good driver. I also agree with others who say he has lost his edge. He's just not very good IMO.
Thats all fine and good I respect your opinion and I wont try to change your mind. But let me give you something to think about. Do you think that Carl Edwards,Greg Biffle, Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Kasey Kahne,and Ryan Newman are good drivers? I do. And a guy that you say isnt a good driver has won more races than all these guys Ive named. Just thank about that.
Hilbily Wrote:I think Jr. simply lost his focus somewhere along all the changes he's been through. I also feel that his crew from top to bottom are not affective and lack attention to detail. If Jr. ever want's to get it back he needs to surround himself with the right team and stick it out until they have it down. To much moving around is self defeating on a racetrack.
That is the responsibility of his car owner to surround him with the best team possible and so far Hendrick hasnt done that. JR is driving the old 25 car and anyone who knows anything about racing knows that the 25 car has been the "Red Headed Step Child" at HMS since Tim Richmond died. While Ill agree JR could have better focus. I just dont think his struggles are entirely his doing.
heard on yahoo sports that Junior is going to ask for a release, and Hindrick will do it because Jr wants to drive the 3 car black goodwrinch chevy for DEI next year.
I heard that when Old Spice ends its deal with Tony Stewart after this year, they're interested in sponsoring the #88. They said it would only make sense for them to sponsor a driver who stinks.
childress (who controls the rights to the #3 in sprint cup) just recently said that he doesnt anticipate anyone using the 3 in the future. he has said in the past that if dale jr wanted to use it, he would probably let him but your rumor from yahoo sports has a lot of ifs and whens as well as alot of baggage especially with jr and dei. i could see jr leaving hendrick for rcr to run the 3 but i dont think childress will give the rights to the 3 to dei.
rallo316 Wrote:heard on yahoo sports that Junior is going to ask for a release, and Hindrick will do it because Jr wants to drive the 3 car black goodwrinch chevy for DEI next year.
Link? Nothing about this on Jayski. Which is the Holy Bible of NASCAR rumors.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Thats all fine and good I respect your opinion and I wont try to change your mind. But let me give you something to think about. Do you think that Carl Edwards,Greg Biffle, Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Kasey Kahne,and Ryan Newman are good drivers? I do. And a guy that you say isnt a good driver has won more races than all these guys Ive named. Just thank about that.

I've said that many times. Most people know nothing about it and just use the he never wins thing. It's usually a Harvick fan.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Thats all fine and good I respect your opinion and I wont try to change your mind. But let me give you something to think about. Do you think that Carl Edwards,Greg Biffle, Kevin Harvick, Matt Kenseth, Kasey Kahne,and Ryan Newman are good drivers? I do. And a guy that you say isnt a good driver has won more races than all these guys Ive named. Just thank about that.
Buddy, first of all, I love ya. I have no more respect for anybody on this site than you. We've gone back a ways, for sure. And I was going to leave this thread alone, until you compared Carl to Junior, and we know that when it comes to my favorites, Im pretty, well, ridiculous, lol..
Dale Jr-11 years, 18 wins, 145 top 10s, and a 3rd place Cup finish.
Carl- 6 years, 16 wins, 103 top 10s, and 2 2nd place Cup finishes.
Honestly bub, Id take Carl anyday of the week. But umm...LETS GO STEELERS! Big Grin
Overrated Wrote:I've said that many times. Most people know nothing about it and just use the he never wins thing. It's usually a Harvick fan.
I cant stand Harvick. Harvick is THE biggest weenie in NASCAR. If him and Delana decided to slug it out, Id give Delana 2/1 odds..he got in JP Montoyas face and did the pat and slap, like a little sissy, and then Cousin Carl handed him and 194 of his garage personnel their ***** at the same time.
I think the whole problem is that everyone else has strived to become a better race car driver while Dale Jr. has sat around and done nothing to become a better driver...everyone else is getting better while he is staying the same...I never have expected him to be like his daddy for Dale Sr. is the greatest of all time but I did expect more then this...I just wish JR could do more to carry on his dads name more
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Buddy, first of all, I love ya. I have no more respect for anybody on this site than you. We've gone back a ways, for sure. And I was going to leave this thread alone, until you compared Carl to Junior, and we know that when it comes to my favorites, Im pretty, well, ridiculous, lol..
Dale Jr-11 years, 18 wins, 145 top 10s, and a 3rd place Cup finish.
Carl- 6 years, 16 wins, 103 top 10s, and 2 2nd place Cup finishes.
Honestly bub, Id take Carl anyday of the week. But umm...LETS GO STEELERS! Big Grin
...Meanwhile Carl is stuck in a 2 year winless streak....Just like JR. But weve agreed to disagree on this subject long ago. Your still my bro and GO STEELERS!!!