Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: MVP Voting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well after lebrons horrible performance in game 5 against the celtics, i have been thinking. maybe instead of having the mvp voting after the regular season, then doing a finals mvp there should be just 1 mvp after the season and the playoffs. because if lebron really was the "MVP" he wouldnt play like that in such a big game. so maybe the mvp voting should take place after the playoffs and we should just crown 1 overall. because if you ask me he really disgraced the honor of being mvp, ive never saw a so called mvp play so carelessly. but hey its just an idea, what does everyone else think?
mister... basketball Wrote:well after lebrons horrible performance in game 5 against the celtics, i have been thinking. maybe instead of having the mvp voting after the regular season, then doing a finals mvp there should be just 1 mvp after the season and the playoffs. because if lebron really was the "MVP" he wouldnt play like that in such a big game. so maybe the mvp voting should take place after the playoffs and we should just crown 1 overall. because if you ask me he really disgraced the honor of being mvp, ive never saw a so called mvp play so carelessly. but hey its just an idea, what does everyone else think?

not every good player is gonna have 30/40 points every single game, there gonna have there bad nights, even during the playoffs. now as for the MVP award, i don't think there should be 2 MVP Awards Given Out....i think they should wait til the season is over to decide
Strikeout King Wrote:not every good player is gonna have 30/40 points every single game, there gonna have there bad nights, even during the playoffs. now as for the MVP award, i don't think there should be 2 MVP Awards Given Out....i think they should wait til the season is over to decide

all im saying is if he was really the most valuable player he would have been valuable when his team really needed him. he played horrible, thats being honest no mvp plays like that not in the playoffs anyway.

and no there should just be 1 mvp award because the playoffs is where legends are made.
mister... basketball Wrote:all im saying is if he was really the most valuable player he would have been valuable when his team really needed him. he played horrible, thats being honest no mvp plays like that not in the playoffs anyway.

and no there should just be 1 mvp award because the playoffs is where legends are made.

like i said every player isn't gonna get the 30/40 points every single game....i'm pretty sure kobe, jordan Dwayne, and others have had some bad playoff games, so just because a player that's amazing at what he does and gets the MVP and has a bad game, people shouldn't say that he doesn't deserve the MVP...sure he had a bad game but i bet he'll get back on track real quick....

i was agreeing with you that there should only be 1 MVP award
mister... basketball Wrote:well after lebrons horrible performance in game 5 against the celtics, i have been thinking. maybe instead of having the mvp voting after the regular season, then doing a finals mvp there should be just 1 mvp after the season and the playoffs. because if lebron really was the "MVP" he wouldnt play like that in such a big game. so maybe the mvp voting should take place after the playoffs and we should just crown 1 overall. because if you ask me he really disgraced the honor of being mvp, ive never saw a so called mvp play so carelessly. but hey its just an idea, what does everyone else think?

NO, This would be a terrible Idea, what if a guy loses in the first round but averaged 25/10/ 10 one season? Then what will he be rewarded with"?
Did mj not have bad game in career....lebron has 90 games this season and that I recall this is his ONLY bad game....that's pretty good...if he does 2 games in a row than maybe, but everyone, even the best has there bad games
theVILLE Wrote:Did mj not have bad game in career....lebron has 90 games this season and that I recall this is his ONLY bad game....that's pretty good...if he does 2 games in a row than maybe, but everyone, even the best has there bad games

I'm not saying they dont. But he could have picked a better time than in the playoffs.
mister... basketball Wrote:all im saying is if he was really the most valuable player he would have been valuable when his team really needed him. he played horrible, thats being honest no mvp plays like that not in the playoffs anyway.

Kobe didn't fair too well in the Finals, the year he got MVP. Matter a fact, look back at Kobe's series against the Thunder, in a combined 2 games:

25pts, 11asts, 6rebs.
1/3 3's
6/9 FT's

For the series, Kobe was 49/120.

Lebron didn't shoot the ball well, because he waited to long. He still had something like 18pts, 9rebs, and 7asts. It's one game. Now if they don't win the series, the poor performance will seem even worse. And will leave everyone including Lebron wondering, Why wasn't HE/I aggressive from the get go?

Heck, Durant had 3 games or so against the Lakers of like 8-27, etc. And he was up their in MVP voting.
leftbeaveraau Wrote:kobe didn't fair too well in the finals, the year he got mvp. Matter a fact, look back at kobe's series against the thunder, in a combined 2 games:

25pts, 11asts, 6rebs.
1/3 3's
6/9 ft's

for the series, kobe was 49/120.

Lebron didn't shoot the ball well, because he waited to long. He still had something like 18pts, 9rebs, and 7asts. It's one game. Now if they don't win the series, the poor performance will seem even worse. And will leave everyone including lebron wondering, why wasn't he/i aggressive from the get go?

Heck, durant had 3 games or so against the lakers of like 8-27, etc. And he was up their in mvp voting.

great point
LeftBeaverAAU Wrote:Kobe didn't fair too well in the Finals, the year he got MVP. Matter a fact, look back at Kobe's series against the Thunder, in a combined 2 games:

25pts, 11asts, 6rebs.
1/3 3's
6/9 FT's

Lebron didn't shoot the ball well, because he waited to long. He still had something like 18pts, 9rebs, and 7asts. It's one game. Now if they don't win the series, the poor performance will seem even worse. And will leave everyone including Lebron wondering, Why wasn't HE/I aggressive from the get go?

Heck, Durant had 3 games or so against the Lakers of like 8-27, etc. And he was up their in MVP voting.
lebron didnt even try in game 5, did u notice him just standing around watching? thats what he done the whole game. no matter if durant, kobe, or any other player for that matter had an off night they would still at least try to play aggressively on the defensive side of the ball. i think that was it for lebron, game 6 tonight will determine it all.
mister... basketball Wrote:lebron didnt even try in game 5, did u notice him just standing around watching? thats what he done the whole game. no matter if durant, kobe, or any other player for that matter had an off night they would still at least try to play aggressively on the defensive side of the ball. i think that was it for lebron, game 6 tonight will determine it all.

Well it wasnt the defensive end it was teh offensive end as well, But i agree he stood there alot, point is all superstars does have bad night
This thread is silly. Lebron was the best player during the regular season, therefore he deserved his second MVP award.

Players have their bad games, it doesn't matter who you are. Lebron showed us something in game 5 that we aren't used to seeing and that's taking bad shots and passing up on good looks. He lost focus after the Celtics went on their run and he nor his team could recover.

LeftBeaverAAU Wrote:Kobe didn't fair too well in the Finals, the year he got MVP. Matter a fact, look back at Kobe's series against the Thunder, in a combined 2 games:

25pts, 11asts, 6rebs.
1/3 3's
6/9 FT's

In Kobe's defense, he did have a broken finger and strained knee that handicapped him during that series. He didn't make it public, but his teammates have and they stepped up in a big way during that series.
Why should they change it because Lebron had a bad game...I am sure when Kobe, MJ, Bird, Johnson...all of them had bads game that none of you all was think about changing it to after the playoffs...the award has always been and always will be a regular season award...just quit hating on Lebron
Crazy Horse Wrote:Why should they change it because Lebron had a bad game...I am sure when Kobe, MJ, Bird, Johnson...all of them had bads game that none of you all was think about changing it to after the playoffs...the award has always been and always will be a regular season award...just quit hating on Lebron

I agree, no sense hating on a guy setting at the house.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Why should they change it because Lebron had a bad game...I am sure when Kobe, MJ, Bird, Johnson...all of them had bads game that none of you all was think about changing it to after the playoffs...the award has always been and always will be a regular season award...just quit hating on Lebron
not in such a crucial game,
kobe, mj, bird, magic all were always there when there team needed them the most and lebron simply wasnt.
After the Boston series I'd say James is out of that picture(MVP voting).
He got 27 points and 19 rebounds but had a bunch of turnovers too tonight.
.Rondo had an awfully good series. I guess Kobe will get MVP though.
bulldog149 Wrote:After the Boston series I'd say James is out of that picture(MVP voting).
He got 27 points and 19 rebounds but had a bunch of turnovers too tonight.
.Rondo had an awfully good series. I guess Kobe will get MVP though.

I don't even see why these threads of Who will be MVP and MVP voting are still going on. Lebron won his 2nd straight MVP award like 2 weeks ago.

There is no playoffs MVP, but there is a finals MVP.

If there was a playoff MVP, Rondo would be it, as of right now.
mister... basketball Wrote:not in such a crucial game,
kobe, mj, bird, magic all were always there when there team needed them the most and lebron simply wasnt.

First of all, Kobe should never come before MJ in a sentence lol

http://nba.suite101.com/article.cfm/kobe_versus_michael

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...236AAd3voI

http://www.travelgolf.com/blogs/chris.ba...out_the_mo

All of these are interesting reads. Especially the 3rd article (When you think of the Lebron game, think of this Kobe one, in a game 7 playoff game).