Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lakers Vs. Suns (Western Finals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who you got?

I got the Lakers in 6
I'll take the Lakers in 6 also.
I hope the suns in 4 but i have to go with the lakers in 5 or 6 games
Ill of course take the Lakers as well. I see it in 6.
Interesting series, but the Suns can't beat the defending champs in a 7 game series. Lakers take it in 6. I'm just so glad it's not the Spurs..I hate watching them play.
Lakers in 7.Should be a fun series to watch.
I have no clue. This is a tossup. Anyones series.
I am hoping for a Suns sweep but I expect the Lakers to win in 6 or 7. But the Suns are the hottest team in the league right now.
I'll say Lakers in 7. Hope I'm wrong.
L.A in 6
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am hoping for a Suns sweep but I expect the Lakers to win in 6 or 7. But the Suns are the hottest team in the league right now.

The Suns are on a roll, but the Magic is by far the hottest team in the league right now.
Lakers in 6.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:The Suns are on a roll, but the Magic is by far the hottest team in the league right now.

True dat.
Lakers have a huge size advantage over the Suns and I don't think Amare will have too much success against Odom, Gasol and Bynum. Also, there is too much talent in the Lakers starting lineup. But I do expect the Suns to atleast win 1 game in Pheonix.

GO LAKERS!
Odom guarding Amare?? LOL!!

Can't wait til I see Odom gettin' dunked all over on that one.
Him, Gasol, and Bynum will do better than Duncan, who can barely move these days lol. Amare is also the only effective big man that the Suns have. The Lakers will dominate the paint and more than likely, the series.
As far as the series goes yes.. But Odom would get dunked on if in fact he is guarding Amare.. He's just too strong for him.. They might wanna try someone a tad bigger like Gasol or Bynum.
U believe the suns have the advantage with amare and nash, but allother positions are lakers dominated in this series...However J. rich can get going! I like jason richardson alot though
I am glad to see the Lakers playing the suns for they would had swept the Spurs...with Suns style of play spreading the floor and their big around the perimeter I think is the style that can beat Lakers...I look for it defiently to go to 7 games...not going to pick a winner because it is a toss up but hope the Suns win
I'm going to agree with most of the people here. Lakers in 6. Could be 5.
They have a size advantage at every position.
Lakers didn't have many problems tonight.

Steve Nash was frustrated the entire game and Kobe was out for blood tonight with 40 pts, 5 rebs, 5 asts, 1 stl.
Kobe dominated game one, but no wa are teh Suns out of this. I see a Suns win in LA in game 2
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Lakers have a huge size advantage over the Suns and I don't think Amare will have too much success against Odom, Gasol and Bynum. Also, there is too much talent in the Lakers starting lineup. But I do expect the Suns to atleast win 1 game in Pheonix.

GO LAKERS!

Well L.A. did win the game last night, but I knew you'd be wrong about the Odom factor.. I seen him get swatted 3 times in a row on the same possession by Amare last night, til finally they called goal tending on the 3rd block. Nasty-ness.
Ballers Wrote:Well L.A. did win the game last night, but I knew you'd be wrong about the Odom factor.. I seen him get swatted 3 times in a row on the same possession by Amare last night, til finally they called goal tending on the 3rd block. Nasty-ness.

Odom flat dominated coming off the bench. 9-15 in the field in 30 minutes. 19 Rebounds?? Kids insane.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Odom flat dominated coming off the bench. 9-15 in the field in 30 minutes. 19 Rebounds?? Kids insane.

True, but Amare wasn't guarding him.. The blocks happened in transition and he was just helping out on D.
Ballers Wrote:Well L.A. did win the game last night, but I knew you'd be wrong about the Odom factor.. I seen him get swatted 3 times in a row on the same possession by Amare last night, til finally they called goal tending on the 3rd block. Nasty-ness.

Odom had 19 points and 19 rebounds....It doesn't matter how many times he was swatted he stuck with it and scored. Appears Amare didn't box out too well.

I said, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. Never said just Odom, now did I?

Ballers Wrote:True, but Amare wasn't guarding him.. The blocks happened in transition and he was just helping out on D.

Did you watch the game or the highlights? And who cares about shots getting blocked? Amare got outplayed by Lamar, who comes off the bench. I'm not saying Lamar is the better player, but Amare was outplayed.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I said, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. Never said just Odom, now did I?

Did you watch the game or the highlights? And who cares about shots getting blocked? Amare got outplayed by Lamar, who comes off the bench. I'm not saying Lamar is the better player, but Amare was outplayed.

Yes, I watched the entire game.. But sorry to say Amare is hands down the better player over Odom. Smile
^ I'm not so sure about that. Amare needs someone to feed him the ball. He cannot create shots himself and he is a poor passer. Amare is the most athletic 6-9' player in the league, but he has to have others set him up. Lamar is no where near the athlete that Amare is, but Lamar can create shots off his own dribble, he can bring the ball up the floor, and he is an above average passer who gets a very solid number of assists, all things that Amare cannot do.
Phoneix is talking tough but I don't see them winning the series. Lakers played a great containment defense on Steve Nash forcing him to go east-west instead of north-south to basket. Defense was great and shooting too. Shot 61% from field in 1st half. Don't know about whole game. I picked Lakers in 5 before it started.
.Too early to know-how do you all see a Boston/Lakers series if there is one in Finals? I notice injured Bynum only had 4 points for Lakers in Game One.
Pages: 1 2 3