Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hobo Mccoy to leave Pike Central?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
heard this the other day, heard he was gonna play for junior newsome at betsy layne? can anyone confirm?
Heard this being discussed at the YMCA about a week ago.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Heard this being discussed at the YMCA about a week ago.

if its true i do believe betsy layne will be the favorite to win the 15th next season.
mister... basketball Wrote:if its true i do believe betsy layne will be the favorite to win the 15th next season.

I thought they already were?
PC_You_Know Wrote:I thought they already were?

idk johnson central should be pretty good too, but if hobo goes then betsy layne should be for sure.
Hobo is staying at PCC.
NEXT Wrote:Hobo is staying at PCC.

how sure are you? because ive heard more people say hes going rather than saying. not saying that your wrong or anything but i havent heard anyone until now say hes staying.
I heard the other day at school that he was going to play a little summer ball with the new coach to see how he liked it and if he didnt then he would transfer.
I was hearing more along the sounds of Shelby Valley
I also heard Shelby Valley, why I don't know. He's a senior right? Why do people waste their time, and a coach's time, for 3 years and then move schools? However, if he wants noticed, he should go to betsy layne.
allsports4 Wrote:I also heard Shelby Valley, why I don't know. He's a senior right? Why do people waste their time, and a coach's time, for 3 years and then move schools? However, if he wants noticed, he should go to betsy layne.

Really? Not knocking BL at all but why would he get noticed there?
NEXT Wrote:Really? Not knocking BL at all but why would he get noticed there?
definitely i mean im pretty sure betsy layne is next years favorite. junior newsome is an oustanding coach and im sure he can help hobo out. but i asked a player for shelby valley the other day if he was going there and he said hes definitely not.
The fact that he is a senior, wouldn't it be risky to attempt to transfer and possibly be ruled ineligible for his senior year?
Casual Observer Wrote:The fact that he is a senior, wouldn't it be risky to attempt to transfer and possibly be ruled ineligible for his senior year?

If his family physically moves and establishes residency before enrolling Hobo in the new school, there is no risk at all unless his parents say the move is only due to basketball.
I don't know what Hobo will do but where ever he goes he will be fine. He is a great player and I watched him this year and I honestly think IMO that he is the best player in the region. I also looked on the KHSAA website and he was 12th in the state in scoring last year. I wish him luck where ever he goes.
i have also heard shelby valley and betsy layne. but honestly i think he will stay at PCC. if he foes to betsy layne they will deff be the fav to win it. but if he goes to valley they will move up in the rankings. if he stays st PCC then they might make region.
Hobo is staying at PCC.
He is playing open gym and he seems to like the coach.
I went to open gym last week and watched them play, him and the Meade kid looked pretty tough on the same team.
I also seen a new face out there... Jordan Varney of Belfry
TOP-SPIN35 Wrote:Hobo is staying at PCC.
He is playing open gym and he seems to like the coach.
I went to open gym last week and watched them play, him and the Meade kid looked pretty tough on the same team.
I also seen a new face out there... Jordan Varney of Belfry

Do most the kids like the coach?

From what I have heard there has been several kids from other schools coming in and playing open gym, things could get interesting on the hill.

Still worried about who will be assistants, hearing there could be some coaches moving from one team to another........
Varney isn't the only kid from Belfry that has been to open gym
open gym playing is not saying much.
Hobo wont leave there is to much history there with his family with in the Mullins and Pike Central. Talked to his uncle a few days ago who use to be the Principal at Pike Central and has a great relationship up on the hill with everyone. Pike Central could be a darkhorse come next season IMO. A seasoned coach and with some transfers that are Rumored things could get interesting.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Hobo wont leave there is to much history there with his family with in the Mullins and Pike Central. Talked to his uncle a few days ago who use to be the Principal at Pike Central and has a great relationship up on the hill with everyone. Pike Central could be a darkhorse come next season IMO. A seasoned coach and with some transfers that are Rumored things could get interesting.

I agree i dont think he wants to leave Central and all his friends.
And from what i hear and see at school, if they get the transfers that are playing open gym with them, they could make a real run this year.
With a PG like McCoy and shooters like Varney and Meade, they could be dangerous.
I don't think there will be any transfers from talking to a few people, way too many questions left to be answered about who will actually be on staff for some kids to come in.

Pike Central has a very solid coach, but you give/force him to take people who have other agendas and it will not matter.

I'm hearing a current headcoach will be resigning and be the #1 assistant to the new coach, a coach in waiting if you will, that is not a good situation at all.
TOP-SPIN35 Wrote:I agree i dont think he wants to leave Central and all his friends.
And from what i hear and see at school, if they get the transfers that are playing open gym with them, they could make a real run this year.
With a PG like McCoy and shooters like Varney and Meade, they could be dangerous.

As was stated earlier, attending open gym doesn't mean "transferring". I know that more than just Varney have been attending open gym from Belfry.
Skyhawk Wrote:I don't think there will be any transfers from talking to a few people, way too many questions left to be answered about who will actually be on staff for some kids to come in.

Pike Central has a very solid coach, but you give/force him to take people who have other agendas and it will not matter.

I'm hearing a current headcoach will be resigning and be the #1 assistant to the new coach, a coach in waiting if you will, that is not a good situation at all.

they need to leave him alone he is to d**m good a coach to be an assistant.
I'm hearing that Clay Campbell will be the asst. at Central next year.
If this happens i would say Hobo will for sure not leave
TOP-SPIN35 Wrote:I'm hearing that Clay Campbell will be the asst. at Central next year.If this happens i would say Hobo will for sure not leave

I don't see that happening.
i am 100% sure that hobo will not leave pike central, i go to school with him and he has been to open gym everyday. he will give the hawks a winning record this year.
From what I have heard, Hobo and the young talented players coming up to Central from Mullins and Johns Creek all really like the new coach. I've spoke with Coach Kidd about him quite a bit and I get the impression he will be a great fit for this team, which will be young and very talented with Hobo being the senior leadership. Talking to a lot of the players, they really believe they can challenge Betsy Layne and Johnson Central for region next year which I would love, but I think that alone speaks volumes for the 8th graders, freshman and sophomores on this team. Not taking anything from the upper classmen on this team but Central's future is very bright. How good they are next year I will believe will depend on how fast some of the younger players mature, a few specifically...Meade, Belecher and Blankenship. Hobo and Luster of course have talent and experience from last year but will need help. I think there front court will be there big question mark this year. If it develops quickly, they could be the dark horse to win the region if not one of the favorites by season's end. If you add Varney from Belfry which I read earlier, I believe they are one of the three preseason favorites.

My one prediction though for the coming years, get use to seeing Betsy Layne and Pike Central clashing for the region title. Both teams have a TON of talent coming up that I do not believe has peaked quite yet.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I thought they already were?
Betsy Layne should have an awesome season next year!
So is Hobo staying or going?
Pages: 1 2