Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rondo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will be the best Pro player to ever come out of UK. He will have the stats to prove it once his career is over.
Aslan Wrote:Will be the best Pro player to ever come out of UK. He will have the stats to prove it once his career is over.

State the obvious kitty!

J/K, I agree for now.
I agree with this. He is playing amazing.
He's done more then any other guy from UK cept' maybe for Prince... Kelena is pretty good too, but I haven;t heard much from him this season.
Ballers Wrote:He's done more then any other guy from UK cept' maybe for Prince... Kelena is pretty good too, but I haven;t heard much from him this season.

He had a season ending injury,
Prince needs to leave Detroit and go to another team.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Prince needs to leave Detroit and go to another team.

Agree, I dont like Detroit either.
Ditto, I lost all interest seemed like when Billups left...
& that's when the team sunk.
Ballers Wrote:Ditto, I lost all interest seemed like when Billups left...
& that's when the team sunk.

The team sunk when they quit playing defense and got rid of Big Ben. It was all down hill from there.
Rondo will help the Celtics win another NBA Championship
wildcats fan Wrote:Rondo will help the Celtics win another NBA Championship

Yes I agree!
Dan Issel, Frank Ramsey, and Cliff Hagan are members of the Basketball Hall of Fame. Rondo is nothing of Hall of Fame quality. C'mon now!!!!
The Blue Blur Wrote:Dan Issel, Frank Ramsey, and Cliff Hagan are members of the Basketball Hall of Fame. Rondo is nothing of Hall of Fame quality. C'mon now!!!!

I believe he will accomplish more than those guys before his career his over.
Where do you think Price should go? BTW did any of those players from Rupps team win a NBA Championship? Correct me if I am wrong but Antoine Walker, Nazr Mohammed, Tayshawn Prince, and Rondo all have NBA rings. What other UK players have rings? Pat Riley had some as a coach, but I can't figure out who else has the NBA bling.
Best player on the Celtics right now
Aslan Wrote:I believe he will accomplish more than those guys before his career his over.

Really? Dan Issel played 15 years of pro ball, 6 with the ABA when the league was as good as the NBA and 9 seasons with the NBA when they merged. Scored 12,823 points with the KY Colonels of the ABA and 14,659 with the Denver Nuggets of the NBA for a total of 27,482 total points. I don't think Rondo will last 15 seasons. Issel was the best player out of UK to this point in time. We'll have to wait about another 11 years to see how Rondo's career works out. Also Antoin Walker had a pretty good career. By the way Issel has a championship ring with the Colonels of the ABA. A ring is a ring.
Well see.
One think is for sure. He has had the most impact on his team than anyone that has came out of UK in many many years.
kyrifle Wrote:Really? Dan Issel played 15 years of pro ball, 6 with the ABA when the league was as good as the NBA and 9 seasons with the NBA when they merged. Scored 12,823 points with the KY Colonels of the ABA and 14,659 with the Denver Nuggets of the NBA for a total of 27,482 total points. I don't think Rondo will last 15 seasons. Issel was the best player out of UK to this point in time. We'll have to wait about another 11 years to see how Rondo's career works out. Also Antoin Walker had a pretty good career. By the way Issel has a championship ring with the Colonels of the ABA. A ring is a ring.
:Thumbs: Issel has easily been the best NBA player that the University of Kentucky ever produced.
I am quite the Rondo fan, but his stuff got threw in the creek last night by Howard. haha
Ballers Wrote:I am quite the Rondo fan, but his stuff got threw in the creek last night by Howard. haha

LOL, yes it did!
Dont forget that Louie Dampier owns about 80% of the ABA records for his career too. Dampier is largely forgotten from UK-to-pro basketball lore, but had a phenomenal pro career. Id say Issel was the best, but Dampier right behind him.
Ballers Wrote:I am quite the Rondo fan, but his stuff got threw in the creek last night by Howard. haha

Honestly though lol. who hasnt he blocked.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Honestly though lol. who hasnt he blocked.

True true, but I figured I'd just point it out.

Ironically you have that picture set as your avatar and mine is of Howard lol Smile