Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Field In Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who has The Best Field (Playing, Concession, Stands, Parking, Etc. Etc.) In The State??

i've only been to a few places but the nicest field i've been to is Tates Creek

Estill has a nice field but there is no room to park and they have a very small concession stand...they also need a press box
As far as the field I think Hazard has a nice field and Coach Meehan and Coach Haynes always keep it in good shape. There is also a nice concession stand and press box with a small covered deck on one end for a cameraman or photographer.

[Image: 001-4.jpg]
here is about the best shot of Estill's Field that i can get
I agree with Blue-N-Gold....Hazard the nicest Ive been to as far as playing field.
Pikeville has a very good field, and atmosphere for baseball. Plenty of seating in the outfield, and adequate seating behind home plate with an overhang. Parking is great with three different lots. Concession is now in view of the field and plenty large enough.
i have to say knott co or pleasure ridge park
I'm guessing you all have never played at Corbin.
bell_co98 Wrote:I'm guessing you all have never played at Corbin.

i've been in corbin but not to there high school
I have not been to a bunch of the fields that have been mentioned but I think Lawrence County has an excellent field with an awesome scoreboard. Coach Keeton got this field going and Coach Feltner has done an excellent job of taking great care of it.
Knott has one of the nicest fields in the state, awesome field and facilities and seating. The only downside is that the hill it's on is so steep, with not much parking at the top, but not many people complain abt it so, I guess it's fine for the time being.
JC has a nice facility but the outfield isnt to good.
Strikeout King Wrote:i've been in corbin but not to there high school

well if you ever go to there field you will see why i think its the best. Nice bleachers, bathroom in dugouts, in field and out field looks good.
east ridge has a very nice field
Central Hardins field is pretty amazing. Hazards field is amazing. Dunbars field is good. St. Henrys field is good. Also Corbins field is nice.
theshack13 Wrote:Central Hardins field is pretty amazing. Hazards field is amazing. Dunbars field is good. St. Henrys field is good. Also Corbins field is nice.

Estill has a nice field but there is no room for parking, they have a very small concession stand, (best i can remember) they have one set of bleachers that are small but they are never filled everyone just usually stands and watches...there is no fence in front of the dugouts to protect the players from foul balls that manage there way into the dug outs and the score board is behind the left field fence..when i believe it should have been behind the center field, but its where they wanted it and it keeps the score so i guess that's all that matters
I like Letcher Central's field. We will be hosting 14th regional tournament this year.
Lawrence, then Pikville in the 15th and 16th.
bell_co98 Wrote:I'm guessing you all have never played at Corbin.

I think Corbins field has went down alot since Garmen left. The surrounding are still good, but as far as actual field it isnt as good. Even before and still now after Garmen left i feel Whitley has a better field/facility than corbin. Now that Garmen is gone i feel South Laurel is better than Corbins. North also has a nice field.
I like Boyd Co., Ashland, Breathitt Co., Corbin, Johnson Central.
Boyd has covered bleachers, covered bullpens, great press box, a good concession and professional field. Parking is limited.
Pikeville's field has to be among the best . After the new turf has been installed,its even greater.
Whitley county has one of the best fields for playing conditions, location, as well as dugouts, bathrooms, concession, etc. The only downfall is not having stadium seats like corbins. Corbin's field has become worse as the years have rolled on. Used to be one of the best in the region. South has an above average high school field. North is nice as well in the 13th.
There is actually no contest in this category, and a lot of it has less to do with hard work and more to do with money. However, St. X in Louisville is by far above and beyond anything anyone else has. Here is a link to look at their overall campus and ill post a couple of pictures from their websit which does not do it justice. It really is amazing.
here's the link
http://www.saintx.com/page.cfm?p=388
Here is a pic of Belfry's field.....
Okay guys... you can not compare apples to oranges... or in this case, turf to grass.

So.... having seen all of the top fields in the state throughout the years, here is my list:

All-turf: St. X
Hybrid (turf infield with grass outfield): PRP
Natural Surface: Paul Laurence Dunbar
Greenups field is beautiful now. New grass, brick backstop, new press box/con stand. It looks amazing.
Greenup's would be nicer if they edged the grass and got new lights. The lights are bad there. The brick wall is nice though. It is a nice field overall! The best fields in KY are for the most part located in Lexington/Louisville area. Many high school fields are really nice now, but fields in this area are typically immaculate. I can't believe someone mentioned Ashland, it is top 5 worst fields in the 16th region.
I think Breathitt has a nice field. They have a huge concession stand and great bathrooms, plus they have a really nice press box. There is a lot of parking and the stand are very clean.
wolfe county has a great ball park if you havent seen it its worth a trip down to look at it is really a great park
Yes they have a nice field, but the parking is the worst. The school offical is the rudest bunch of adults I have ever seen. You have to walk about a mile just to get to the baseball field from what they call a parking lot.
Pages: 1 2