Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Duo of all time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Top Duos to play in the nba
Alot of great ones to sift through to get 'the best'

Jordan-Pippen
Stockton-Malone
Kobe-Shaq
Magic-Jabbar
Bird-McHale
Nash-Nowitzki

plus, MANY more
To me Larry Bird and McHale is the best dou of all time...they were magic together from scoring the ball and the amazing passes Larry would make to him...but IMO John Stockton and Karl Malone are right on their heals for they was the greatest players with the pick and role offense
theVILLE Wrote:Top Duos to play in the nba

lol you weren't kidding when you told me u would start this thread after we had this discussion.
I forgot to put my opinion in. Easily for me, Kobe and Shaq! If they had stayed together it would be unreal at how many championships they could have won. They were dominate, and with one of the greatest guards ever and one of the greatest big men ever, to me theres no question on greatest duo.

Larry/Mchale, Jordan/Pippen, Stockton/Malone all INCREDIBLE. I just believe a different time and era, Kobe and Shaq together then would still be the better duo.
has to be
Malone/stockton
Jordan/Pippen
Bird/Mchale
Magic/Jabbar
Shaq/kobe
IMO, Stockton and Malone were the best duo of all time. They played like one player in two bodies. There have been better pairs of players on one team but none that I think of as duos who played as unselfishly together and looked out for one another like Malone and Stockton. It is too bad that Bird and Magic never played together on the same NBA team. They would have made a great duo.
kobe/shaq
back_in_black Wrote:kobe/shaq

I agree. Thank you.
Kobe and Shaq.. first thing that hit my mind when I seen the thread.
jordan and pippen no contest
then stockton and malone.
kobe and shaq should be mentioned too.
No love for Magic and Kareem??
Had Shaq And Kobe been together as long as all these other pairs, They would have been the best Duo of all time hands down.
Kobe/Shaq without a doubt.

Stockton/Malone was good, but how many rings do they have? 0.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kobe/Shaq without a doubt.

Stockton and Malone were a duo. Kobe and Shack were two very talented individuals who were jealous of the attention that the other one received and did not get along especially well off the court either. Kobe was happy to see Shaq gone so that he could make the Lakers "his" team.
their still a duo none the less.
Shaq himself said had he stayed in LA him and Kobe would have won 10 rings by now. I don't doubt this a bit. They would have went down as the best duo ever.
K_Mac Wrote:Shaq himself said had he stayed in LA him and Kobe would have won 10 rings by now. I don't doubt this a bit. They would have went down as the best duo ever.

I done said this! TongueirateSho
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I done said this! TongueirateSho

Indeed I was adding the part about shaq agreeing with us. lol.
K_Mac Wrote:Indeed I was adding the part about shaq agreeing with us. lol.

Lol, gotchya
Going with Shaq/Kobe as well
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Stockton and Malone were a duo. Kobe and Shack were two very talented individuals who were jealous of the attention that the other one received and did not get along especially well off the court either. Kobe was happy to see Shaq gone so that he could make the Lakers "his" team.

Shaq/Kobe didn't get along over the past year or so they where together in LA, but before there final year together they did get along and won consecutive championships.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kobe/Shaq without a doubt.

i was wondering why people are putting them before Jordan/Pippen
Jordan-Pippen hands down
Jordan/ Pippen has to be the best or top 2 anyway
Ill take Jordan/Pippen as the best guard duo. But best over all duo to me belongs to a guard/big combo. Thus Kobe/Shaq best of all time IMO.
K_Mac Wrote:Ill take Jordan/Pippen as the best guard duo. But best over all duo to me belongs to a guard/big combo. Thus Kobe/Shaq best of all time IMO.
Pippen was a forward! But shaq and kobe are top 3 or 4 at best I think...
When I hear the name John Stockton, the first thing that pops into my head is "Karl Malone." To me, that is what makes them a duo. When I hear "Kobe Bryant," the first thing that comes to mind is not "Shaquille O'neill." The Big "O" and Abdul-Jabbar, Drexler and Olajuwon, Cousy and Russell, and Hal Greer and Wilt Chamberlain were all great duos as well, but when I hear any of these names, the other half of the duo is not the first thing that comes to mind. Shaq and Kobe were great players who played with very little chemistry between them. Team Shaq in his prime with an unselfish guard like Nash or Rondo and he would have been part of an unstoppable and very memorable duo.
theVILLE Wrote:Pippen was a forward! But shaq and kobe are top 3 or 4 at best I think...

A Small forward. Might as well be a guard. Vince, Melo, these other SF can play the 2 guard, and they are tall. Pippen was in no way a big man though.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:When I hear the name John Stockton, the first thing that pops into my head is "Karl Malone." To me, that is what makes them a duo. When I hear "Kobe Bryant," the first thing that comes to mind is not "Shaquille O'neill." The Big "O" and Abdul-Jabbar, Drexler and Olajuwon, Cousy and Russell, and Hal Greer and Wilt Chamberlain were all great duos as well, but when I hear any of these names, the other half of the duo is not the first thing that comes to mind. Shaq and Kobe were great players who played with very little chemistry between them. Team Shaq in his prime with an unselfish guard like Nash or Rondo and he would have been part of an unstoppable and very memorable duo.

Are you forgetting the 3 back-back-back championships they won?

Stockton and malone may have been like the same mind playing in 2 bodies, but they never accomplishes as much as these other duos.
Pages: 1 2