Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark to play M.L. Collins in opener
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After Shelby Valley dropped SC from schedule coach Hager and his team will play first year school M. L. Collins Aug . 21 at their place. Full schedule is listed below

Aug. 21- M.L. Collins - Away
Aug. 27 - Breathitt County - Away
Sept. 3- Frankfort - Home
Sept. 10 - Johnson Central - Home
Sept. 17 - Lawrence County - Home
Sept. 24- Prestonsburg - Away
Oct. 1- Open
Oct. 8 - East Ridge - Away
Oct. 15- Belfry - Home
Oct. 22 - Pike Central - Away
Oct. 19 - Pikeville - Home/
Where is M.C.L located at
CardinalAlum Wrote:Where is M.C.L located at

Shelby County
Super-Card Wrote:Shelby County

I have looked at a Google Map and according to Google it's about 3 hrs. & 25 minutes driving time from Inez, KY to Shelbyville, KY.
That will be a long trip for Sheldon Clark! I'll probably attend that game.
I hope to be there.
That's an interesting matchup. I used to coach in that area and the feeder school going into MLC is one of the best I've seen. MLC should have a very nice program. I think a good part of Shelby's best kids are going to go there. I like SC because they don't dodge anybody.
bulldog42 Wrote:That's an interesting matchup. I used to coach in that area and the feeder school going into MLC is one of the best I've seen. MLC should have a very nice program. I think a good part of Shelby's best kids are going to go there. I like SC because they don't dodge anybody.

Yes Collins does have a great feeder school in Shelby West and the majority of the athletic talent will be at Collins. It should be a great game to open the season.
congrats to SC on beefing up there schedule, not sure, what LC,P-BURG will have, but better than years past...
ryanblue1424 Wrote:Yes Collins does have a great feeder school in Shelby West and the majority of the athletic talent will be at Collins. It should be a great game to open the season.

My guess in a couple of years, they will change the district boundaries if SCHS athletics drops off too much to spread the talent more.
Jarons Wrote:My guess in a couple of years, they will change the district boundaries if SCHS athletics drops off too much to spread the talent more.
who else does m.l.collins play this year
Jarons Wrote:My guess in a couple of years, they will change the district boundaries if SCHS athletics drops off too much to spread the talent more.

I hope they wouldn't do that.
SC has really played a decent schedule. They cannot help that the district, with the exception of Belfry (and Pike Central last year) is weak.
Collins will be the most athletic team Sheldon Clark will see all year long. Collins will be playing in a 4A district with Shelby County, LaRue County, Bullitt East, North Bullitt and Marion County. Hands down, will probably end up being the toughest 4A district as the year plays out. I wouldn't be shocked to see Collins even push for representing the West come the 1st weekend in December.

Sheldon Clark won't be playing a typical 1st year program, that much is for sure.
Harry Doyle Wrote:Collins will be the most athletic team Sheldon Clark will see all year long. Collins will be playing in a 4A district with Shelby County, LaRue County, Bullitt East, North Bullitt and Marion County. Hands down, will probably end up being the toughest 4A district as the year plays out. I wouldn't be shocked to see Collins even push for representing the West come the 1st weekend in December.

Sheldon Clark won't be playing a typical 1st year program, that much is for sure.

I agree. Collins won't be your typical first year program.
Sheldon Clark will be well tested going into the playoffs this year. Sc will be very experienced in the backfield and very big and strong on the O-Line. The backfield of K.P and Ray will be a good running duo with Moore back there to its a very dangerous running game. The QB Austin Stepp will be be back this year and will have another year of experience under his belt and will look to lead the team. Sure Sc lost some good players last year but, they have some good players that will be stepping up this year so I look for a fun year of Cardinal Football.
goodluck to the cards!
Besides Frankfort, there are alot of long drives ahead.
Even though they are a first year team, M.L. Collins will equate to Sheldon Clark playing a team the calibur of like an Ashland, Letcher Central, or a Harlan County IMO (in EKY comparisons).

With the returning talent SC has it will be a winnable game, but they could very well take a "L" if they don't play their best ball.
I don't see where there too many long drives except for M.L. Collins, Breathitt County and East Ridge. P'Burg is just about 25 minutes away and Pike Central about 45 minutes to an hour.