Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Playstation 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard that t was supposed to blow the 360 outta the water, does anyone know anything about them?
Haven't heard anything but isn't the 360's having some problems and glitches?
I also heard that alot of the 360's are having problems
I will get a PS3 .. i doubt I will get a xbox 360 though
the 360's are overheating most of them anyway they freez and they get so hot you cant touch them
The 360s were getting too hot because people were leaving them on too long and putting them in places that the heat couldn't get out. They have kick ass graphics and look pretty sweet, the console itself. I like the 360s.

Reizvoll knows ALOT about game consoles and he has posted a thing about PS3's before so I am sure that he can enlighten us.

I don't know if he is getting one or not but I know that we will have the 360 at the house when we move.
Long post, stick with me. When I know my stuff, I talk about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MCHS_FBALL#14 Wrote:the 360's are overheating most of them anyway they freez and they get so hot you cant touch them

The main problem with the 360 system is overheating. Nothing is damaged, because the 360 turns off when it gets too hot.

However, it's not even the console that is heating up. There is a power brick that comes with it, about 12 inches long. Now, people try to put this on carpet. Do the math. (For the slow: Carpet was originally put down to keep rooms warm and insulated.)

All you have to do is give it room to vent, place the power brick on a smooth and non-carpetted surface, and sit the 360 console horizontal so that the side vent can get more air.

It does NOT matter how long you leave it on, as long as it is properly ventilated.

My 360 has not overheated ONE time, it has not froze ONE time. I take care of mine and I am samrt.

Another problem people complain about: Scratched disks.

The way out of that one is to take your disks out of the 360 before you move it around, flip it over, whatever tickles your fancy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, the PlayStation 3. While it's true that the PS3 is going to use Blu-ray disks with the possible storage capacity of (27 single layer/54 dual layer) gigabytes of memory, the system specifications and power are going to be close to the 360. Meanwhile the 360 still reads and functions through the DVD-formatted disks, with the maximum capacity of 8.8 gigabytes of memory (if dual-layered). This looks like it would give the PS3 a large advantage, however, the advantage isn't actually that large.

Both systems will pump 512 megabytes of RAM into the CPU/GPU. However, the Xbox360 will have a shared RAM going into both of the CPU/GPU, and the PS3 on the other hand has 256MB of XDR CPU memory and 256MB of GDDR3 memory dedicated to graphics (GPU).

Sony, being the sly dogs they are omitted one statistic from the specifications sheet they sent in to the media.

"Gamespot" Wrote:The PlayStation 3 has a pretty strong Nvidia graphics processor, but you can see how Sony may be afraid of the specification sheet comparison by the pipeline number conveniently omitted from the PS3 graphics specifications. We're guessing that the RSX graphics processors has a traditional, non-unified shader engine, so it likely has a smaller total "pipeline" number than the ATI chip. Even if the RSX's normal pipelines are more powerful than the Xbox 360's pipes, Sony doesn't want to risk printing a lower "pipeline" number since people won't understand that it isn't an apples-to-apples comparison.

The pipeline count for the video/graphics processing unit. Basicly, if there aren't enough pipelines leading to/from the GPU, the information and data processed and received by the GPU would bottleneck if it were sending too much, causing a drop in framerate, stuttering, or freezing of the action of the game. This would be a major problem sometime after premiere, when the system is being used to it's full potential.

However, we don't know if the PS3 has enough GPU pipes or not. You can't really compare something that isn't out yet. Specs are one thing, performance is another. Everything looks better on the drawing board, that's why you always go back to it.

The only difference will really be controller, game companies, and service, although the PS3 games might have longer playtimes, and higher detailed resources for the game. Take for instance the graphics. With the larger disk storage capacity, you can store much higher resolution meshes and other resources onto the disk for the engine to process, resulting in much higher detail textures and graphics.

One thing PS3 needs to work on is their online service. They are competing now against the most advanced, useful, and strongest online gaming service in the world. Xbox Live makes Steam, Xfire, and Gamespy seem obsolete.

Xbox Live has an online downloadable arcade, instant credit access for shopping (games, game demos, themes, profile personalizations, avatrs, gamertag changes, etc). You can download free game demos and trailers, straight from the Xbox dashboard.

The PS2 online service, was lacking, in many areas. One was quality of service, which was deminished by the ability to use 56kbps dial-up connection to access the service. The PS2 games netcodes were designed with broadband gaming in mind, and few of them pull of the dial-up gameplay well. Xbox Live allows only broadband connections over 64kbps to access their service, which is controlled through server-side programs.

Aside:
One of the handiest things I've seen on the Xbox 360 is the Private Chat rooms. You can invite a friend to chat, and talk with him while playing seperate multi-player, or single-player Xbox 360, or Xbox Live Arcade games. The only thing I didn't like that due to the emulation software used to make the backwards compatibility to the Xbox games, this isn't possible with the older Xbox games.

You can also play any mp3 music you have on your hard drive during ANY Xbox 360 games. No more looking on the back of the case to check if it supports Custom Soundtracks, as it isn't an in-game option, it's accessible through the Xbox 360 Dashboard.

These are in game screen shots of what the new Biohazard (better known in the United States as Resident Evil) game is going to look like. It has been announced for both Xbox 360, and Playstation 3.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/200...een002.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/200...een003.jpg

PS: No one talks about the revolution, EVAR. It doesn't even support High-def, LOL. Go Nintendo!

PS: Anyone who plans on getting a Playstation 3... don't throw the controller unless you can pay a dentist bill.

"thetribez" Wrote:I don't know if he is getting one or not but I know that we will have the 360 at the house when we move.

PS: Yes, we will enjoy the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, enormous plasma tv's, and everything else all the fine ass ladies who like to wear ribbons in their hair, and kiss all the boys love.
haha....thanks reizvoll, a lot of that was foreign language for me but i basically understood that both have things that are better than the other which equals them out when it comes to quality.
You're welcome.

Only took me about 10 minutes to get everything typed up.
Reizvoll Wrote:[b]My 360 has not overheated ONE time, it has not froze ONE time. I take care of mine and I am samrt.

Kinda funny, you misspelled smart. Just playing though. If you wanna go back far enough, i posted the technical specs on here a while back... if i can find em, ill post em back.
Irony and satire are the only forms of humor that I find worthwhile, and you can trust me. Smart was intentionally misspelled.
a friend of mine called Micrsoft and asked about the problems with 360's. he said that the problem was only in the first 500 360's sent to the U.S.

both PS3 and 360 will be outta this world and both will be good. just depends on which platform u prefer.
i will buy a PS3 when it comes out. dont need a 360. a friend of mine leaves his here.
here is a nice web site to look at for ps3

http://www.playstation.com/products.html