Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central wins double-header last night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since no one seems to give Perry Central any credit, i will....

Last night Perry Central won 2 tough games against 2 tough teams in the Tanner Dodge Classic held @ Powell County. George Rogers Clark was ranked 22nd in the state. PCC beat GRC 3-2 at 5:30 P.M., then turned around and beat a good Estill County 7-6 right after that at 8:00 P.M. (who has won region back to back years).

This makes PCC 23-3 and i think this is the first thread started on them this year. I think they should be ranked in the top 25 in the state IMO. Keep it up Dores.
They are playing really well this year and will definitely be their at the end in the region. Would be even better if they would have any pitching, losing the Boggs kid really hurt. This is a wood bat tourney in Powell isn't it? Wish they would go back to that for every game.
D1Recruiter Wrote:They are playing really well this year and will definitely be their at the end in the region. Would be even better if they would have any pitching, losing the Boggs kid really hurt. This is a wood bat tourney in Powell isn't it? Wish they would go back to that for every game.

Yes, losing their ace from last year (Alan Boggs) to pike central really hurt them this year. No one expected perry to be this good this year but they are really playing great. And yes, this is a wooden bat tournament.
Perry Central is a solid ballclub, They hit the ball well and have great plate discipline. Defensively, they maybe, and i'm sure there will be some debate, the most athletic team in the 14th region. Also, they still have a solid pitching staff without Boggs. After beating GRC and Estill last night they look like they're playing their best baseball at the right time of the season.
Congrats PCC

PCC will be a force to be reckoned with come tourney time
Speaking for the Boggs kid. Good job PCC. We will be the first to say no one person makes a team. We would like to wish perry luck . Perry has a young team and will be strong for the next couple of years.
kyfan10 Wrote:Since no one seems to give Perry Central any credit, i will....

Last night Perry Central won 2 tough games against 2 tough teams in the Tanner Dodge Classic held @ Powell County. George Rogers Clark was ranked 22nd in the state. PCC beat GRC 3-2 at 5:30 P.M., then turned around and beat a good Estill County 7-6 right after that at 8:00 P.M. (who has won region back to back years).

This makes PCC 23-3 and i think this is the first thread started on them this year. I think they should be ranked in the top 25 in the state IMO. Keep it up Dores.

I was told not to "jinx" it. You know how superstition is in baseball.
Perry has really played better than most thought this season but got to give Coach Dixon and his staff some credit. PCC has to be the favorite in the region right now. Been very impressed with them this season.
I watched PCC on Saturday and Bobby Keith has done a great job with his young team this year, I can tell you from first hand that he did not expect his club to be where they are at with their record. This is a tremendous coaching job by Bobby and his entire Staff and yea, that includes Kevin Duff....