Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 1 Knott Central 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LCC won in a nail biter at Letcher Central.
Congrats Cougars
Congrats LCC and I predict these two teams will be playing twice more this season if you know what that means.
OMG!!!!! It happened again, you mean Letcher actually beat Knott 2 times in a row? Even after someone said that "it won't happen again". Funny stuff! And I can see them playing ONE more time this year, but since they will be in opposite brackets in the Region, don't see them both in the finals, sorry to bust your bubble.
Way to go Cougars. Bring home a district and regional title. This is the year we bring it home. I really think they are clicking at the right time.
Awful lot of talk coming from the LCC group.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Awful lot of talk coming from the LCC group.
They couldn't talk during basketball season, so give them a break, they FINALLY, have something to talk about, they beat Knott twice. Look out Yankees!:lmao:
mountain hoops guru Wrote:They couldn't talk during basketball season, so give them a break, they FINALLY, have something to talk about, they beat Knott twice. Look out Yankees!:lmao:

Actually this school year, we have been talking about our football, soccer, cross country,volleyball, girls basketball, track, baseball, softball, and tennis teams. All these teams have had winning programs this year with most winning districts and regions. I know it is hard for the average mental sports capacity of a Knott Countian to understand as they feel like boys basketball is the only sport. They do know how to spread the BS as many of their faithful felt like they would win the state in basketball. I heard they are already building a trophy case for the state title that Jay Cobb is going to win in three years. I will give them credit, their gift of gab, BS, and propaganda has led to a very successful speech program. Just look at the sports team on their radio station.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Actually this school year, we have been talking about our football, soccer, cross country,volleyball, girls basketball, track, baseball, softball, and tennis teams. All these teams have had winning programs this year with most winning districts and regions. I know it is hard for the average mental sports capacity of a Knott Countian to understand as they feel like boys basketball is the only sport. They do know how to spread the BS as many of their faithful felt like they would win the state in basketball. I heard they are already building a trophy case for the state title that Jay Cobb is going to win in three years. I will give them credit, their gift of gab, BS, and propaganda has led to a very successful speech program. Just look at the sports team on their radio station.

Don't compare what people say and blab on here to what makes KCC's speech team as great as they are. You don't win 2 State Titles and 4 National Invitational Titles on BS-ing, and 20 Regional ones. They have smart, great kids and an awesome coaching staff. Plus they practice, A LOT.

But you can't blame KCC people for saying a lot of crazy things every now and then, they are just excited and KCC has had a lot of success to be excited about this year. LCC people get on hear and say things too, but it's just bc they are passionate fans.

It's been a good year to be a Patriot.
PATS2011 Wrote:Don't compare what people say and blab on here to what makes KCC's speech team as great as they are. You don't win 2 State Titles and 4 National Invitational Titles on BS-ing, and 20 Regional ones. They have smart, great kids and an awesome coaching staff. Plus they practice, A LOT.

But you can't blame KCC people for saying a lot of crazy things every now and then, they are just excited and KCC has had a lot of success to be excited about this year. LCC people get on hear and say things too, but it's just bc they are passionate fans.

It's been a good year to be a Patriot.

Every year is a good year to be a Cougar
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Every year is a good year to be a Cougar

maybe in football
14thregionrules Wrote:maybe in football

You are right. It was a good year to be a cougar in football as they were district champs and regional runner-up. It was also a good year in volleyball as they were the district and regional champs(five years in a row), boys and girls cross country as both won regional championships, girls soccer won the district championship, girls basketball won the district championship, baseball and softball both have winning records and are regional contenders, boys and girls track have both been successful and are regional contenders, girls tennis has been successful and boys tennis is the current defending regional champions. LCC has been and continues to be a well-rounded sports program.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:You are right. It was a good year to be a cougar in football as they were district champs and regional runner-up. It was also a good year in volleyball as they were the district and regional champs(five years in a row), boys and girls cross country as both won regional championships, girls soccer won the district championship, girls basketball won the district championship, baseball and softball both have winning records and are regional contenders, boys and girls track have both been successful and are regional contenders, girls tennis has been successful and boys tennis is the current defending regional champions. LCC has been and continues to be a well-rounded sports program.

I'm not going to get in a which school is better argument in this thread, but win something on the national and state level, then you might have a better argument. But since you listed some school achievements, I will list a a few of ours too.... KCC is a well-rounded school in not just sports, but in the science and visual and performing arts as well.
And if you weren't singling out specific years, then yes, every year at KCC is a good and successful year and a good year to be a PAT.

Not-sports
-2010 All State Art Champion, as well as 2 Region Champs.
-2010 KHSSL State Speech Runners-Up (State Champs 04 & 05), 2010 Gatlinburg Smoky Mtn. National Runners-Up (4 time Champ of this event, the last being 2009).
-20 time KHSSL Speech Regional Champs, in which LCC has also started competing.
-1st, 2nd, and 4th overall best speaker at Gatlinburg National Inv.
-Consistent top 10 Agriculture Dept. in State
-One of the top English Dept. in State (not sure on exact number)
-Academic Team District Champs 3 times in a row, 4th at Region 3 times in a row.
-Top 16 in State JV academic team.
-Top in state STLP Team
-Region Science Fair Champs for as long as anyone can remember, in all Grade levels 9-12
-Numerous Proficent and Distinguishes for Honor Choir and Concert, Jazz, and Marching band for All District and even toward All State Competition.

And now onto sports.....
- 2010 Boys Basketball 14th Region Champs, 53rd Dist. Champs, WYMT Mtn. Classic Runners-Up (losing to eventual State Champ Shelby Valley by 3 pts).
-Summer 09 Boys JV Basketball State Champions.
- 2010 Girls Basketball 14th Region Runners-Up and 53rd District Runners-Up.
- Defending 53rd District Baseball Champs, semi finalist in Region with legit shot at winning title.
- Boys Tennis Singles 14th Region Champ two years in a row, quarterfinalist at State.
- Successful Years in Cross Country back to back (not sure on places).
- Cheerleaders 9th in State KAPOS and 14th Region Suer-large Runners-Up.
- Now looking forward to the building of a new, successful football program under coach Cobb, but I believe it will take awhile.

Need anything more just PM me, I don't have the time to type all of the stuff out. But I'm done arguing about school successes, both KCC and LCC are successful school and we both should be happy about that. I'm going to leave it at that and keep this baseball game thread on topic.

Should be an exciting 53rd District Tournament, wonder if LCC can beat a team 3 times in a row?Confusedhh:
PATS2011 Wrote:I'm not going to get in a which school is better argument in this thread, but win something on the national and state level, then you might have a better argument. But since you listed some school achievements, I will list a a few of ours too.... KCC is a well-rounded school in not just sports, but in the science and visual and performing arts as well.
And if you weren't singling out specific years, then yes, every year at KCC is a good and successful year and a good year to be a PAT.

Not-sports
-2010 KHSSL State Speech Runners-Up (State Champs 04 & 05), 2010 Gatlinburg Smoky Mtn. National Runners-Up (4 time Champ of this event, the last being 2009).
-Academic Team District Champs 3 times in a row, 4th at Region 3 times in a row.
-Top in state STLP Team
-Region Science Fair Champs for as long as anyone can remember, in all Grade levels 9-12
-Numerous Proficent and Distinguishes for Honor Choir and Concert, Jazz, and Marching band for All District and even toward All State Competition.

And now onto sports.....
- 2010 Boys Basketball 14th Region Champs, 53rd Dist. Champs, WYMT Mtn. Classic Runners-Up (losing to eventual State Champ Shelby Valley by 3 pts).
- Defending 53rd District Baseball Champs, semi finalist in Region with legit shot at winning title.
- Boys Tennis Singles 14th Region Champ two years in a row, quarterfinalist at State.
- Now looking forward to the building of a new, successful football program under coach Cobb, but I believe it will take awhile.

Need anything more just PM me, I don't have the time to type all of the stuff out. But I'm done arguing about school successes, both KCC and LCC are successful school and we both should be happy about that. I'm going to leave it at that and keep this baseball game thread on topic.

Should be an exciting 53rd District Tournament, wonder if LCC can beat a team 3 times in a row?Confusedhh:

Dang:1:
Very funny stuff! The BASEBALL thread again please!!!!!!! The school contest is officially a draw!
All the other stuff is off topic. This thread is about baseball, and whatever LCC and KCC does in other sports is insignificant. Letcher Central has one two games against them in baseball. Once you get into district it is different. GO COUGARS!
Did anyone NOT read the part of my post that said let's get this thread back on topic???
Anyway, Go Cougar baseball. Hope you win the district and region. Both will be exciting tournaments.
PATS2011 Wrote:I'm not going to get in a which school is better argument in this thread, but win something on the national and state level, then you might have a better argument. But since you listed some school achievements, I will list a a few of ours too.... KCC is a well-rounded school in not just sports, but in the science and visual and performing arts as well.

Not-sports
-Top in state STLP Team

And now onto sports.....

Add 2010 Distrcit Champs for KCC.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Add 2010 Distrcit Champs for KCC.

YES!

Back-to-Back 2009 & 2010 53rd District Baseball Champions!

GO BAT PATS!