Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Source: Bulls Set To Fire Coach Vinny Del *****
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls are set to announce the firing of coach Vinny Del ***** on Tuesday, according to a source.

Though the focus will immediately turn to a coaching search that could include such candidates as Doug Collins, Maurice Cheeks, Eric Musselman, Phil Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy, Byron Scott, Sam Mitchell, Tom Thibodeau, Lawrence Frank, Dwane Casey, Avery Johnson and John Calipari, the Del ***** era goes out with something of a bang.

More

Phil Jackson from what I'm hearing maybe leaving the lakers at the end of the year because they don't want to pay him as much as he wants. Any chance he goes back to the Bulls if that happens
CardinalAlum Wrote:Phil Jackson from what I'm hearing maybe leaving the lakers at the end of the year because they don't want to pay him as much as he wants. Any chance he goes back to the Bulls if that happens

i'd like to see it happen
Strikeout King Wrote:i'd like to see it happen

So would I. I grew up watching the Bulls on WGN and I have always liked them. I would love to see them get a good coach to help the young talent they have there.
CardinalAlum Wrote:So would I. I grew up watching the Bulls on WGN and I have always liked them. I would love to see them get a good coach to help the young talent they have there.

i've watched and loved the bulls ever since i was little ever since Jordan Was There...what they should have done while they had the chance is when they was looking for a coach instead of hiring Del ***** they should have tried to get Doug Collins...he was available...we just need to get some good draft picks
Mike & Mike show made a comment about Cal as a possible candidate to the Bulls
Cal isn't an NBA Coach he tried it once and failed so i don't see him trying it again
Cal isnt an nba coach...He is like pitino the NBA isnt fot them...However for enough money either of them would go
UPDATE: John Calipari states that he has no interest in coaching the Bulls; ex-Cat Jamal Mashburn adds: "There is no way John Calipari is leaving the University of Kentucky to coach the Chicago Bulls
Possible Candidates For The Bulls Head Coaching Position

Maurice Cheeks

Doug Collins (Former Bulls Coach)

Jeff Van Gundy (Slim Chance That He Gets It After What He Said About The Bulls Management About Del ***** During A Playoff Game)

Byron Scott (Former Nets and Hornets Coach)

Tom Thibodeau (Celtics Assistant)

Lawrence Frank (Former Nets Coach)

Dwane Case (Former Timberwolves Coach)

Avery Johnson (Former Mavericks Coach)

Phil Jackson (Current Lakes Coach)

Eric Musselman (Former Kings & Warriors Head Coach)

Mike Fratello

Mark Jackson

Tyrone Corbin (Never Heard Of This Guy)

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/ne...id=5151209
This From Bulls GM Gar Forman

"Bulls general manager Gar Forman said late Tuesday morning that he already received 20 messages from coaches or representatives looking to fill the team’s coaching vacancy.

Vinny Del ***** was fired Monday after two seasons.

Forman also said he expects Del ***** will get another head coaching position in the NBA – soon, and he said the Bulls would provide a positive recommendation.

Stay tuned here for more details throughout the day"

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/po...-lining-up
CardinalAlum Wrote:UPDATE: John Calipari states that he has no interest in coaching the Bulls; ex-Cat Jamal Mashburn adds: "There is no way John Calipari is leaving the University of Kentucky to coach the Chicago Bulls

Good news.
Jay Marioti(spelling), said on around the horn, that Cal was bad for college bball. He mentioned UK's low gpa. He went as far to say that Cal is a pro coach, not a college coach! What an idiot.
I think Avery Johnson gets the job. He and Rose will attract a big time free agent. Bosh, Johnson, maybe even the Chi-Town native, Dwayne Wade.