Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Arizona cracks down on Illegal Immigration...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
what's your thoughts??

If you've been living under a rock the past couple of weeks then you don't know that minorities have been protesting all over the U.S. about this bill passed by Arizona legislators, citing racial profiling as their reason for protest.

The law is designed to identify, prosecute and deport illegal immigrants. As outlined by The New York Times:

"The police would be authorized to arrest immigrants unable to show documents allowing them to be in the country and the legislation would leave drivers open to sanctions … for knowingly transporting an illegal immigrant, even a relative. It expressly forbids cities from adopting “sanctuary” policies that restrict the police and public workers from immigration enforcement…"

Personally, I don't see where race has anything to do with the issue other than the fact that most illegal immigrants are of the hispanic ethnicity. "Illegal" is the key word, and if anyone of ethnicity is here legally, then where does the problem lie??
^ Amen! I agree with you 100%
Why hasn't this been done sooner?
cards_athlete Wrote:Why hasn't this been done sooner?
Because this country has no balls.
cards_athlete Wrote:Why hasn't this been done sooner?

Actually this law already existed on the federal books, Arizona just copied it and made it a state crime so they can do something themselves since the govt of this country wont do their jobs.
Illegal aliens need to go. A perfect example of why they need to go occurred last night in Arizona when an illegal alien shot a deputy.
Don't we as legal citizens of the USA have to show ID, to vote, write a check, vote, apply for a job etc. Whenever we are stopped for a traffic violation or questioning don't we have to show proper ID?

As Beetle said this is already Federal law, that they've refused to enforce. Hopefully Arizona will enforce this law, as many other states are considering implementing the same policy.
It's awesome, and Obama doesn't like it-
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/...tion-bill/

It's about time, so hopefully this can stop some of the hundreds of billions of dollars spent every year on government aid to illegal aliens, as well as money to treat them in hospitals and such.
Every Fascist movement in history began with, "Let me see your papers".
DevilsWin Wrote:Every Fascist movement in history began with, "Let me see your papers".
So when you get pulled over for speeding, do you not get asked for your driver's license and proof of insurance? Oh wait, since you oppose drilling for oil you probably do not drive to avoid the appearance of being a hypocrite.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:So when you get pulled over for speeding, do you not get asked for your driver's license and proof of insurance? Oh wait, since you oppose drilling for oil you probably do not drive to avoid the appearance of being a hypocrite.

I wonder how that Jet get's up in the air. Maybe it's just a paper airplane
DevilsWin Wrote:Every Fascist movement in history began with, "Let me see your papers".
Ever travel abroad? Better have that passport(your papers) with you.

Mexico
In the first six months of 2005 alone, more than 120,000 people from Central America have been deported to their countries of origin.

A tough new European Union immigration law detaining illegal immigrants for up to 18 months before deportation

Plus all of them can ask for identification at anytime. Why can't we?

Wow, you're clueless.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Because this country has no balls.

Amen, amen, amen!!!!!!!!!
Westside Wrote:Illegal aliens need to go. A perfect example of why they need to go occurred last night in Arizona when an illegal alien shot a deputy.

I was outdoors most of this past weekend, did this make national headlines???
You guys have no sense of history. Call me names if you like but when it comes to pass I want to be the voice in the back of your small minds that say's, " I told you so".

What happens when most immigrants are white and todays minorities become the majority? I guess we'll have to stop what we're doing an produce a Social Security Card.

Sign Zee Paperz Old Man!
DevilsWin Wrote:You guys have no sense of history. Call me names if you like but when it comes to pass I want to be the voice in the back of your small minds that say's, " I told you so".

What happens when most immigrants are white and todays minorities become the majority? I guess we'll have to stop what we're doing an produce a Social Security Card.

Sign Zee Paperz Old Man!
it's not about immigrants. It's about legally immigrating or illegally immigrating. We all are products of immigration. But we are also a country of laws. If you want to live by the laws of this land you should follow the laws.
nky Wrote:it's not about immigrants. It's about legally immigrating or illegally immigrating. We all are products of immigration. But we are also a country of laws. If you want to live by the laws of this land you should follow the laws.

Sign Zee Paperz!
DevilsWin Wrote:Sign Zee Paperz!
old man?
or how about Sign ze papers, comrade?
DevilsWin Wrote:Sign Zee Paperz!

If I were the minority, I'd still be a legal minority as opposed to an illegal one. In this hypothetical situation, because I would be a LEGAL minority, I'd be held accountable to the same laws & the same rights as the ethnic majority. I'd also earn these rights by abiding by the law, paying my taxes, and not being a burden to American society & culture.

Maybe when I'm the minority I can start WET (White Entertainment Television) and no one will call me a racist. I'll start the United Pale Child College Fund, too. I'll most definitely start waving Great Britain's flag when I'm the minority because that's part of my cultural heritage. Perhaps I can sponsor a Miss Caucasion America contest and no one will be offended, because it really isn't racism to be a racist when you're the minority.:eyeroll:
Here is just how concerned Mexico's president is with Arizona's new law. This is from "The Week" magazine.

"Mexico has lodged an official protest against the new Arizona law that allows police to detain anyone suspected of being an illegal immigrant. "This law opens the doors to unacceptable racial discrimination," said President Felipe Calderon. "Mexico's government will use everything in its power to defend the rights of Mexicans who are affected by this legislation." He said his government would have to reconsider agreements and cooperation with Arizona, and the Foreign Ministry warned Mexican citizens to be vigilant whe traveling to the state. "It should be assumed that any Mexican citizen could be bothered and questioned for no other reason at any moment," said Foreign Minister Patricia Espinosa."

Really! Really! This cat has a lot of nerve. People are fleeing his country by the thousands and he gets disturbed because one state is enacting a law to retaliate against "ILLEGAL" conduct. To h*ll with him! If I were President for one day, my only executive decision would be to tell Calderon to fix the problem or the rest of Mexico's worthless land would be ours, too. Then they'd all be tax-payers.
Just Sign Zee Paperz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DevilsWin Wrote:Just Sign Zee Paperz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you are saying that asking someone to prove their citizenship is fascist and unconstitutional? So if proving your identity is a crime then I guess Little Leagues are fascist. They make you have papers to prove your age. Getting married is fascist. You have to have a liscence. Driving too is fascist as you need a liscence for it too. Traveling? Fascist you need a passport. Being born? Fascist, that's where it all starts with that dang paper. Sure showing your papers was used to prove your ethnicity in Germany but throughout history a form identifying your citizenship has been used. So I guess next time I go into a bar and ask for a drink should I protest the bar for being a fascist regime and demand that the government come in and close the place down because someone asked me to prove that they could legally supply their service? I love liberals because they make the most asinine arguments and then defend them to the end with little or no justification besides saying well that's how this started.
"Hey, if you're legal, you got nothing to worry about....if you ain't, what are you complainin' about?" What this law does, in essence, is codify racial profiling as legitimate practice. You know it. I know it. The right result doesn't justify wrong practice. To do the wrong thing for the right reason is the highest treason (C.S. Lewis...I think).
thecavemaster Wrote:"Hey, if you're legal, you got nothing to worry about....if you ain't, what are you complainin' about?" What this law does, in essence, is codify racial profiling as legitimate practice. You know it. I know it. The right result doesn't justify wrong practice. To do the wrong thing for the right reason is the highest treason (C.S. Lewis...I think).

How can it be racial profiling, when it's for all illegal's regardless of which country they are from? The law state's that a person has to be stopped for another offense before they are ask for ID, but the libs won't tell you that?
Old School Wrote:How can it be racial profiling, when it's for all illegal's regardless of which country they are from? The law state's that a person has to be stopped for another offense before they are ask for ID, but the libs won't tell you that?
A majority of Hispanics in Arizona favor the new law. Its main opponents are illegal aliens and white liberals. I wonder if liberals would feel differently if thousands of illegal aliens were streaming through Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket every single day.
Old School Wrote:How can it be racial profiling, when it's for all illegal's regardless of which country they are from? The law state's that a person has to be stopped for another offense before they are ask for ID, but the libs won't tell you that?

Why is it, Hoot, when it suits your purposes, you become the naive idealist. A certain percentage of policeman, you know it and I know it, are going to use this law as pretext for all manner of abuse. In the real world, this law is a racial profiler's delight.
thecavemaster Wrote:Why is it, Hoot, when it suits your purposes, you become the naive idealist. A certain percentage of policeman, you know it and I know it, are going to use this law as pretext for all manner of abuse. In the real world, this law is a racial profiler's delight.

You need to realize this is not a perfect world. You said a certain percentage of policemen will abuse it, and I can't argue that, but neither you or I don't know what percentage, it could be 0.000001% or 2%. Regardless we have to protect the citizens of this country and those that live in border states from illegal's. I have no problem with people entering this country, but I thank they should follow the law.

I still don't understand the racial profiling angle. If a suspect is a Mexican then why should we detain whites, blacks, korens etc. that my liberal friend is not racial profiling.

If I understand your view you are content with millions of illegals coming into this country every year, who don't work, don't pay taxes, and many who are dealing drugs, but yet accept welfare, foodstamps, free heathcare, free education among other things. All of which places a larger burden on our government, and causes our citizens to do without.
I would venture to say, that if the libs thought that 90% of the illegals would register as Republicans, they would have no problem with the law.
Pages: 1 2 3