Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro Job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any candidates for this?
Heard Russell Thompson from Pineville, a newspaperman and a football/basketball coach from Bell.
William Muney Wrote:Heard Russell Thompson from Pineville, a newspaperman and a football/basketball coach from Bell.

Interesting! I think that they will do something soon since the football job is filled now.
There has apparently been several to apply for the Middlesboro coaching job. I've heard that two of the top candidates are Russell Thompson and Gary Ferguson. Also, heard may not be many teaching positions available.
I would suprise me if Russell leaves his girls team. Who knows though, people do strange things.
I've heard a few names also, David Teague from Bell girls, tim millet, ron edwards, brandon elam was a knox central, sherril king was at cumberland gap, rodney slusher asst bell co. and micheal jones his dad is at harlan co.. plus the ones that have already been mentioned.. I won't swear on any of these just names i've heard so dont bash me for my first post..
[quote=William Muney]Heard Russell Thompson from Pineville, a newspaperman and a football/basketball coach from Bell.[/QUOTE]

Heard that they were still waiting on this application. Due to the situation he may be the best fit and one of the better coaches to apply. According to the the adminstration he may need to make the call. A coaching hire will come before the position hire is ready.
I'm sure they would love to have some one that coaches multiple sports for this position but I'm not sure they will get someone who coaches both basketball and football. Also heard the coach that was at thomas walker a few years ago has put in too.. I cant remember his name though. Anyone else hearing anything or have they hired someone already?
BCBaller Wrote:I've heard a few names also, David Teague from Bell girls, tim millet, ron edwards, brandon elam was a knox central, sherril king was at cumberland gap, rodney slusher asst bell co. and micheal jones his dad is at harlan co.. plus the ones that have already been mentioned.. I won't swear on any of these just names i've heard so dont bash me for my first post..

Brandon Elam would be a great choice!!! :Thumbs:
greg parrott asst at north laurel former girls cach at jackson county
Hopefully my good friend from Scott Co gets it. Nick Napier he is on the coaching staff for Scott. He has put in for it as well. He was a Graduate at Bell Co and played basketball for them as well.
They are suppose to let the applicants know this week for interviews and hire late next week.
KyBoy24 Wrote:There has apparently been several to apply for the Middlesboro coaching job. I've heard that two of the top candidates are Russell Thompson and Gary Ferguson. Also, heard may not be many teaching positions available.

There are two positions open at the high school and a principle position open at one of the grade schools.
hope they get a good one
They can't go wrong with Brandon Elam!!!!
Any word on this coaching job? Either they haven't made a move yet or everybody is just keeping quiet. I figured they would have some one in place pretty quick cause they took a long time to hire for football, which seems to be the most important sport at middlesboro. Anyway, I haven"t heard a peep since late last week.
Napier would be the best choice for this job.
Have they started interviews for this job.. There's not many people in middlesboro talking about it. Nobody seems to know what's going on, nor do they seem like they care much. Looks like who ever they hire will be in an ever tougher spot than they were already going to be in. Looks like they would put someone in place so they could get a few days in before summer camps start. I guess everything thus far has been speculation.
Napier would be a good choice. He really knows his basketball. I have played against him in some leauges in Lexington and he is coaching with one of the best in the state at Scott County. He is a good guy and good choice for the job.
Does anyone know who has applied for this position?
Everybody seems to be tight lipped in middlesboro at this time. My list earlier was only speculation and names I had heard being tossed around. I know a few people over there that are in the know, but they aren't hearing anything either. So who knows..
Anyone heard anything more about this job? I think this is proof that middlesboro doesn't really care about their basketball program. Everyone knows that they are more of a football school but you would at least think that they would have made a hire by now. Or at least be talking about it. Nobody is saying anything. Except Gary Ferguson, he says he has the job and has already been told that, which I just can't see happening. Gary is a great guy but he has none, zero, coaching experience. So how do you hire someone like that to coach your high school program? Strange things happen tho. so you knows?
BCBaller Wrote:Anyone heard anything more about this job? I think this is proof that middlesboro doesn't really care about their basketball program. Everyone knows that they are more of a football school but you would at least think that they would have made a hire by now. Or at least be talking about it. Nobody is saying anything. Except Gary Ferguson, he says he has the job and has already been told that, which I just can't see happening. Gary is a great guy but he has none, zero, coaching experience. So how do you hire someone like that to coach your high school program? Strange things happen tho. so you knows?

A little thing called politics!! :boosign:
foley war Wrote:greg parrott asst at north laurel former girls cach at jackson county

I hear he might be the new boys coach at JC.....
Anyone know anything about this position?
Have they hired anybody yet?
Yes, they have hired someone and will announce today at 4:00 pm.
Heard that the final decision is down between Russell Thompson and Gary Ferguson. Supposed to announce their choice sometime soon.
KyBoy24 Wrote:Heard that the final decision is down between Russell Thompson and Gary Ferguson. Supposed to announce their choice sometime soon.

Only have had one coach in mind the whole process. He just fits in the scheme of things. So don't believe everything you here.
Russell Thompson took the job yesterday evening.
Pages: 1 2