Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Wildcats in the draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone keep us updated on where the UK players go please.
Lindley went to Eagles in the 4th round...Conner went to but not sure where or when...Anyone?
I just found it---John Conner went in 5th round to Jets
did micah johnson get picked
Former UK running back Alfonso Smith was picked up as a preferred free agent by the Arizona Cardinals.

Micah Johnson was not drafted
I really thought Johnson would get picked. I still believe he will end up somewhere.
phoeniXX Wrote:I really thought Johnson would get picked. I still believe he will end up somewhere.

I agree. I think he will get his chance like Woodyard did and have a great career..He just needs a team to give him a chance.
fanofBBN Wrote:Former UK running back Alfonso Smith was picked up as a preferred free agent by the Arizona Cardinals.

Micah Johnson was not drafted

i really cant belive that either,hope he makes it some where
Michas 40 time is really going to kill him considering alot of D-Line including Corey Peters had a quicker time than him. He is weak in zone coverage which hurt his stock as well all this was pointed out at the combine. I could see a team like the 49ers picking him up especially when considering right now they are trying to cut a deal with the Broncs to get Woodyard and are planning on rotating their linebackers very frequently so they can run multiple blitzing schemes. As we know Micah is a great blitzer and can read plays well he is just a tid bit slow and that will show even more in the NFL
he is a good line man
They take too much into those combine scores in my opinion.
cougarpride08 Wrote:They take too much into those combine scores in my opinion.

Agreed, however a LB in the NFL that runs a 5.07 40 that alone will knock you out of being drafted and not being having a strong zone coverage game. As i have said the 49ers would be a good fit for him with the way they like to rotate LBs and are looking to develope a defense with several blitzing schemes with different personal and working with Woodyard pening the 49ers and Broncs close the trade out would fit very well for Micah.

Looking at our 3 who were drafted.

Lindley will fit in very nicely in Philly, he wont see much time in the near future but it will be a great place to get his feet wet.

Conner will do great things in NY, I think he will see alot of time in the red zone.

Peters will do amazing where he is at, he could see alot of playing time.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Looking at our 3 who were drafted.

Lindley will fit in very nicely in Philly, he wont see much time in the near future but it will be a great place to get his feet wet.

actually i am not too sure about that. i am a big eagles fan and they are alittle week at CB at the moment. aside from asante samuel. they dont have anyone that has really proven themselves as starting cb. they traded the other starter and picked up marlin jackson who was with indy, but is coming off of 2 knee injuries. they expected him to move to safety, but he may play corner as well. joselio hansen was their nickle back but most dont think he is a starter. they drafted a cb out of VaTech macho harris last year and had him playing safety but want to move him back to corner. so while he will be competing against others for the position and i dont see him as a starter from day 1 he could work into the rotation as a dime then the nickle by opening day. the biggest thing coming out of philly from the fans atleast is last years play because of his injury. if he doesnt show any effects from that i could see him doing well.
johnnyt Wrote:actually i am not too sure about that. i am a big eagles fan and they are alittle week at CB at the moment. aside from asante samuel. they dont have anyone that has really proven themselves as starting cb. they traded the other starter and picked up marlin jackson who was with indy, but is coming off of 2 knee injuries. they expected him to move to safety, but he may play corner as well. joselio hansen was their nickle back but most dont think he is a starter. they drafted a cb out of VaTech macho harris last year and had him playing safety but want to move him back to corner. so while he will be competing against others for the position and i dont see him as a starter from day 1 he could work into the rotation as a dime then the nickle by opening day. the biggest thing coming out of philly from the fans atleast is last years play because of his injury. if he doesnt show any effects from that i could see him doing well.

well the knee injury is why I am doubting an immediate impact but I hope you are right. I dont keep up with the NFL all that much so I was entirely sure on how the status of Philly CB core. Thanks for the info though I will have to watch the Eagles play more this year just to see what happens.
well i follow the eagles about as much as anything so i will keep updates about where he stands in the rotation if there is any interest. as far as watching the eagles play good luck. unless you have direct tv you will only get to see them play a few times.
I'm glad Bledsoe has been smart enough not to retain an agent so he can return to college if he decides to after going through workouts. He has of course until May 8th to decide and I'd love to see him at UK another year. I'm sure he can make it in the NBA but will it be high enough to satisfy him or will he wait.
3 UK players drafted is good.
The Iceboxx Wrote:3 UK players drafted is good.

yea
Do you think we will have more next year?