Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rest In Peace Coach Charlie Adkins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Retired Paintsville High School legendary baseball coach Charlie Adkins passed away earlier today after a long battle with cancer. I'm gonna come up with his record and accomplishments. Everyone please say a prayer for Coach, his family, friends, and former players. We are all gonna miss him greatly.
And for those who don't know, this year (2010) is the 20 year anniversary of Coach Adkins and the Paintsville Tigers winning the 1990 KHSAA Baseball State Championship.
34 years Head Coach
805 Wins (805-293) 73.3 Win Pct
Appeared in 2 State Championships (1989 and 1990)
Won State Championship in 1990
Our prayers are with his family, and with the community of Paintsville.
I am very sorry to hear about Coach Adkins. His family, friends and past players will be in our prayers.
One of the best ever...RIP Coach.
MY hearts go out to the family of one of the nicest people I have ever met.
Coach Adkins and his family will be in my prayers.
You can for sure say that this is a BLUE day in the town of Paintsville. One of the GREATEST Coaches in the state of KY has left us. R.I.P. Coach Adkins! You and your family are in our prayers.
Paintsville has canceled their trip to Louisville this weekend so they may pay their respects to their former coach. Different feeling tonight at practice. More of a focus. God Bless you Charlie..You have built a tradition that will never be forgotten!
Sorry to hear of his passing.
They'll be in my prayers.
That next home game is gonna be an emotional experience for everyone, Coach Adkins was a great man he earned respect from everyone he met. I never got to play for him but I knew him outside of Baseball he was a one of a kind person to say the least. His influence in the community will be missed. and to add to what was posted earlier he had 20 District and 14 regional titles a accomplishment never likely to be repeated.
Prayers going out from Hazard.
If more coaches were were like Coach Adkins they would have much success. He taught young men how to be good citizens as well as good ball players. Hard work and perseverance might not get you a win today but it makes you a winner for life. To many of us are more focused on the wins of today rather than a lifetime of accomplishment which invariably has some setbacks.
Charlie you will be greatly missed by those that had the pleasure to come in contact with you. Though I never played for you, you still taught me many things associated with life and the roads we sometimes find ourselves on. Your battle had been tough on both you and your family and I know that your in a place now where all the "calls" will go your way. Thank you for your friendship and your wisdom.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Charlie you will be greatly missed by those that had the pleasure to come in contact with you. Though I never played for you, you still taught me many things associated with life and the roads we sometimes find ourselves on. Your battle had been tough on both you and your family and I know that your in a place now where all the "calls" will go your way. Thank you for your friendship and your wisdom.

I had the privledge of playing for Charlie for 4 years and wouldn't have wanted to play under anyone else. Reading this quote truly brought tears to my eyes and it's all the truth. A great man that impacted the lives of many...you will be missed but your legacy will live on through those you have touched. May you rest in peace, Coach.