Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: QB Max Smith Commits to Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
6-foot-5 senior QB Max Smith from Van Nuys (Calif.) Birmingham took an official visit over the weekend and has decided to accept a grayshirt offer from the University of Kentucky and will enroll in January and become a part of the 2011 class, The Cats’ Pause is reporting.

For video links from Max’s personal website, goto Max Smith’s official site.
Smith Commits for 2011

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=49966
What star is he rated?
cougarpride08 Wrote:What star is he rated?

I want to know the answer to this to.
scout has him as a 2* rivals has no ranking
2* rating, unless Joker knows something I dont, Their isnt a real way this kid could play in the SEC. Earlier this week Florida got a commitment from Jeff Driskel, who is argualbly the best QB in the country for 11', and we get this guy....

I read in an artical that Max Smith only played QB his senior year, and doesnt have another D-1 offer. UK was his first
surely your not suggesting that we should compare the ky recruiting program to florida's?
johnnyt Wrote:surely your not suggesting that we should compare the ky recruiting program to florida's?
No of course not but a guy who may not even be a 2*, who only has one year of experience at QB? Yea Florida got the number 1 QB in that class, don't you think we could get someone who is rated higher?
If we could get someone higher trust me we could. I still think the recruit building that we are lacking in funding for will really help us once we get it built.
I really dont think that anyone will expect this kid to come in and compete for Mojakosski and Newton's spots. I think that by the time Moss is a Senior another big time QB may be back through.
We have QB depht, why waste a scholly on a kid from California.

We have Mike Hartline - SR
Morgan Newton-Soph
Tyler Sergent-Soph
Ryan Moss-R/FR

We can recruit good QB's, it should be the only position we can compete with the big dogs for...

We have had a #1 overall pick at QB-Tim Couch
We have the single season record holder for td's and NFL draftee-Andre Woodson
We have had a dual threat QB who played in the NFL for several seasons -Shane Boyd
We had a super bowl champion, who was got national exposure at UK - Jared Lorenzen

Now we have two four* players in our depth chart, who both got some type of ALL AMERICAN awards.
Beats me, but I see not way at all he can beat out Moss for a job and by the time the team could potentially be his, we may have another stud qb.
Seriously guys?????

Don't view this kid as a 2* or an unranked player and instead view him like Derrick Locke. Locke has proven to be a 4* talent but he was completely off everyone's radar coming out of HS as well.

Watch Smith's video. The kid is a diamond in the rough who got overlooked in the recruiting process because he was a late bloomer who transferred high schools. I am not saying he is the end all-be all of QB's, but the kid has skills.

The general consensus in recuiting is to land a QB prospect EVERY CLASS. UK did not do that in the past class as Tyler Brause is the closest thing and he was recuited to play WR/TE. UK is going after Shamir Jeffrey in this class (SC WR Alshon Jeffrey's brother) but Jeffrey will undoubtedly have to red-shirt if he committs. That would leave a full three year gap between Mossakowski and UK's next QB. Adding Smith assures competition in practice and depth.

I have seen UGA committ Hutson Mason and Tennessee committ Nash Nance play and on film this kid blows both of them away.

You all are better then falling into the whole star rating arguement and not seeing the whole picture! Come on!
He is a good qb good luck max smith