Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lebron, MJ, Wade, Carmelo, Kobe, Iverson, Vince Carter??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Who would you take... I have to say Lebron or Iverson....In AI's prime he was amazing...actually amazing isnt the word...MJ had 2 NBA all time top 50 players on his team to help with the 6 rings which isnt that hard to do witht that kind of help
As an overall player?

I'd take Michael Jordan without a doubt.

Melo, Iverson, and Vince Carter don't deserve to be in the same discussion as the others.

JMO
BlackcatAlum Wrote:As an overall player?

I'd take Michael Jordan without a doubt.

Melo, Iverson, and Vince Carter don't deserve to be in the same discussion as the others.

JMO

I agree
Michael Jeffery Jordan. He MADE those Bulls teams!
mj
It's not even close, MJ by a long shot. Melo, Iverson, Carter, and LeBron have won nothing and have no right to be even mentioned in the same breathe as MJ. Wade us a great player with a ring, it will be interesting to see if he will be on a contender next year but imo he will never reach the level of MJ. Kobe is by far the closest player to MJ and could potentially get more rings than him. The Lakers will be contending for the title every year for the next couple of years.
I dont understand where Kobe is the closest thing to MJ...I mean a ring is simply a team thing...Lebron hasnt had six years wit a great team he had 1 and that is this season! Lebron is without a doubt the closest thing to MJ! Kobe is good but nothing compared to MJ and Lebron and I ahve tos ay in his prime, iverson was AMAZING
Honestly, you could have stuck AI, Vince, Melo, Wade, Or lebron on some of the bulls team and won a championship, But it has to be jordan. He made the game exciting to watch, dominating the offensive end and yet still playing defense.
Aslan Wrote:It's not even close, MJ by a long shot. Melo, Iverson, Carter, and LeBron have won nothing and have no right to be even mentioned in the same breathe as MJ. Wade us a great player with a ring, it will be interesting to see if he will be on a contender next year but imo he will never reach the level of MJ. Kobe is by far the closest player to MJ and could potentially get more rings than him. The Lakers will be contending for the title every year for the next couple of years.

Exactly.
theVILLE Wrote:I dont understand where Kobe is the closest thing to MJ...I mean a ring is simply a team thing...Lebron hasnt had six years wit a great team he had 1 and that is this season! Lebron is without a doubt the closest thing to MJ! Kobe is good but nothing compared to MJ and Lebron and I ahve tos ay in his prime, iverson was AMAZING

Your HUGE man crush on Lebron is blinding your ability to answer this question obviously.

As for Allen Iverson, in his prime, I take him over Lebron, but not Jordan or Kobe. Not happening. I did really love watching Iverson though... toughest little man ever in the NBA. IMO. Still no MJ or Kobe. (Lebron isn't either)
AI was just so fun to watch.
K_Mac Wrote:Your HUGE man crush on Lebron is blinding your ability to answer this question obviously.

As for Allen Iverson, in his prime, I take him over Lebron, but not Jordan or Kobe. Not happening. I did really love watching Iverson though... toughest little man ever in the NBA. IMO. Still no MJ or Kobe. (Lebron isn't either)

lol
K_Mac Wrote:Your HUGE man crush on Lebron is blinding your ability to answer this question obviously.

Lebron is the best in the NBA...Your man crush on Kobe is horrible!
^ Everyone has their favorite players. The lakers and cavs both have the best supporting cast for their superstars.
I agree..Until now Kobe has had the supporting cast...Lebron is no dominating Kobe in every aspect of the game...Sure kobe has 6 rings but lebron has only beenthere 6years
theVILLE Wrote:I agree..Until now Kobe has had the supporting cast...Lebron is no dominating Kobe in every aspect of the game...Sure kobe has 6 rings but lebron has only beenthere 6years

Kobe has 4 rings...
I doubt LeBron will even get out of the East. Kobe will get #5 this year.
Aslan Wrote:I doubt LeBron will even get out of the East. Kobe will get #5 this year.

I agree. Lebron will not win a ring in Clev.
theVILLE Wrote:Lebron is the best in the NBA...Your man crush on Kobe is horrible!

Whoa that was an original come back... :eyeroll: Sure got me with that one.
theVILLE Wrote:I agree..Until now Kobe has had the supporting cast...Lebron is no dominating Kobe in every aspect of the game...Sure kobe has 6 rings but lebron has only beenthere 6years

In only took Kobe 4 years to win his first. And even after losing shaq only took 5. Its taking Lebron longer then either of Kobe's attempts. And he is definantly not dominating Kobe in every aspect.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Honestly, you could have stuck AI, Vince, Melo, Wade, Or lebron on some of the bulls team and won a championship, But it has to be jordan. He made the game exciting to watch, dominating the offensive end and yet still playing defense.

9 time NBA-All-Defensive-Team
1989 Defensive player of the year

GREAT defense.
K_Mac Wrote:In only took Kobe 4 years to win his first. And even after losing shaq only took 5. Its taking Lebron longer then either of Kobe's attempts. And he is definantly not dominating Kobe in every aspect.

Your also forgetting Lebron is only like 23 or 24 years old...Oh and Kobe had more help than Lebron had all those years
Quote:Your also forgetting Lebron is only like 23 or 24 years old...Oh and Kobe had more help than Lebron had all those years

Shaq was in the leauge for some years before Kobe, and guess what. No championship. Rookie of the year? yes. Mvp? Yes, Take a team to the finals? yes. Win? NO. Kobe made shaq just as much as shaq made kobe. It's the NBA, they are all professionals. Kobe had no more help than lebron does now, with mo averaging 17 a game and jamison averaging 16?
Mr. Big Shot Wrote:Shaq was in the leauge for some years before Kobe, and guess what. No championship. Rookie of the year? yes. Mvp? Yes, Take a team to the finals? yes. Win? NO. Kobe made shaq just as much as shaq made kobe. It's the NBA, they are all professionals. Kobe had no more help than lebron does now, with mo averaging 17 a game and jamison averaging 16?

Exactly. Thank you.
Quote:Exactly. Thank you.

Np. IMO, kobe is the best in the nba, and this year he captures #5.
Mr. Big Shot Wrote:Shaq was in the leauge for some years before Kobe, and guess what. No championship. Rookie of the year? yes. Mvp? Yes, Take a team to the finals? yes. Win? NO. Kobe made shaq just as much as shaq made kobe. It's the NBA, they are all professionals. Kobe had no more help than lebron does now, with mo averaging 17 a game and jamison averaging 16?

Yelp my argument was it takes HELP to win a ring...and lebron has that this season!
Mr. Big Shot Wrote:Np. IMO, kobe is the best in the nba, and this year he captures #5.

I could go with kobe been #6 in the NBA maybe!
Quote:I could go with kobe been #6 in the NBA maybe!

#6 in the league? are you joking. Typical Louisville fan, hate on the best because your no were as close to being as good. I mean he captures his 5th ring not that hes ranked 5 in the league? everyone, including you knows better than that, come on now.
Dwyane Wade
Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Carmelo Anthony
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant

I see no way of ranking them.
Lebron
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5