Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th 2010-2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All i can say is the 15th is the most wide open it has been in several years with very good teams such as Sheldon Clark, Betsy Layne , and Shelby Valley . The Cardinals with Booth and a good back work. Betsy Layne has Watkins a good center .Burgess leftie but can shoot just as good as anybody in the 15th. Hott at the point always a good team at BL . Shelby Valley all I can say young team but a lot of talent. last year knocked off BL in the 15th tourney and they had 2 or 3 8th - 10th graders starting. Have any comments just post.:bball::bball:
Just wonnndering if you have forgot about last seasons 15th region Champions,the Belfry Lady Pirates,would by the way only had 1 senior and return 4 starters and last seasons super Freshman Jackie Stack the 6 th mannnnn.How could you not include them on your short list?
Magoffin should be tough with Jamie Castle having another year's experience. It's hard to say how good Lawrence County will be without knowing the coach or what kind of system will be in place.
Birdlegs Belfry is a great team and me I honestly think it will be BL vs Belfry or Martin Co. In the finals of the 15th but who knows could be lots of improvment for all teams . Maggofin County now BL was there early season and beat them by 30 but Hamilton had a ton of points for BL and younger players for Maggofin scored most of theirs. All I can say is once more as wide open as we have seen it in a long time . :bball
i dont see anyone being 15 points within Betsy Lane.
GO BOBCATS.
The Aqua Orangutan Wrote:i dont see anyone being 15 points within Betsy Lane.
GO BOBCATS.

I agree
Birdlegs Wrote:Just wonnndering if you have forgot about last seasons 15th region Champions,the Belfry Lady Pirates,would by the way only had 1 senior and return 4 starters and last seasons super Freshman Jackie Stack the 6 th mannnnn.How could you not include them on your short list?
i hate to bust ur bubble my friend, but jackie stack is def not a super freshman lol.
in my honest opinion, martin county will win the region next year. because they already have a talented team but if what i heard in the rumor mill around johnson county is true, martin county may have a new player that will put them almost on lock for a 15th region title.
if I'm not mistaken,everyone had them winning the 15th last season also,so I'll just let everyone put them in Bowling Green again this season,then we'll all wait and see just who really goes.Guess you never listened to the Scott County game on the radio,shame on you for not supporting the 15th's team who was really there,but Jackie kept Belfry in it at the end,everyone has opinions which is what this board is for and you are entitled to yours.TongueirateSho
Birdlegs Wrote:if I'm not mistaken,everyone had them winning the 15th last season also,so I'll just let everyone put them in Bowling Green again this season,then we'll all wait and see just who really goes.Guess you never listened to the Scott County game on the radio,shame on you for not supporting the 15th's team who was really there,but Jackie kept Belfry in it at the end,everyone has opinions which is what this board is for and you are entitled to yours.TongueirateSho
well im just saying one game doesnt make you a "super freshman" lol but im saying belfry doesnt go to bowling green next season. i could be wrong but we will just have to wait and see.
Paintsville is 6-1-1 this summer. They have beaten Betsy Layne, Prestonsburg, Pikeville, Shelby Valley by double digits and Magoffin County on a last second shot. Knott County Central beat them by eight and they tied with East Ridge. Lady Tigers are looking good.
How do you think Phelps will do this year?
babbys_girl_1994 Wrote:How do you think Phelps will do this year?

Do they play in the 15th region. From the looks of their schedule its hard to tell. They may have a decent record playing teams like Rose Hill, Riverside Christian, Piarist, Cordia, Buckhorn and Jenkins but they won't do so well when they play the few 15th region games they play.
Should be wide open this year in the 15th. Sheldon Clark, Betsy Lane, Belfry, Magoffin, Paintsville, will all have a shot. It will come down to coaching. I think you have got to give the edge to the more expirienced coaches. I think that is what happend last year with Belfry.
Belfry has the coaching advantage for sure but I honestly think Sheldon Clark will pull it out this year,that is if Booth has help she can't do it by herself. I put Belfry a close second then Betsy Lane.I think Pup Miller at magoffin will have a good year also he has a young team and does a great job coaching
TopDog Wrote:Belfry has the coaching advantage for sure but I honestly think Sheldon Clark will pull it out this year,that is if Booth has help she can't do it by herself. I put Belfry a close second then Betsy Lane.I think Pup Miller at magoffin will have a good year also he has a young team and does a great job coaching

Heard that Belfry's coached resigned due to health issues. Anyone know if this is true?
i heard the same thing and his asst. resigned too. they we're supposed to play in the p-burg team camp but i heard the girls refused to go
t4p3r8 Wrote:Heard that Belfry's coached resigned due to health issues. Anyone know if this is true?

Yes, this is correct. Asst. Coach Dave Hatfield and Asst. Coach Amanda Hensley have been working with the girls during summer ball. A head coach has not been named yet.
I hate to hear that Belfry's coach is not going to be back I think he done a great job there that is a big lose for Belfry
Tough shot for Belfry. Hope they find a quality person soon so they wont miss a beat.
Top 5

1) Belfry- Defending region champs only losing one senior.

2) Sheldon Clark - They have the best player in the region in Booth with a decent supporting cast

3) Paintsville- Playing great summer ball and yes you can tell a lot in the summer.
Wins over BL, East Ridge and Magoffin.

4)- Betsy Layne- Lose more than people think in Hamilton and Martin. Still return a few good players in Hott and others. Dont see them having what it takes to win region but who knows this season.

5)- East Ridge/ Magoffin- toss up
Record for Magoffin summer ball was 19 won 3 loss. Pretty good record for a young team. Two losses were in Knott Co., which was the 1st 2 games they had played together as a team. Since then they only lost 1 game to Leslie Co. in double overtime by 2 pts. They were 10-0 in the Aries league. Didn't get a chance to play Sheldon Clark. Every game played there was won by 10,20 or even 30 pts. Don't rule them out to be the team to beat this year.
How will Shelby Valley be this year?
And what about East Ridge?
I think the 15th is anybody to take this season.
Betsy Layne was without their starting point guard all summer who will be a big scorer and will make a huge difference since most players were playing out of position. BL still beat 15th region teams and played very close to those people are ranking at the top
i gotta go w/ belfry to repeat. with the only loss being meghan staten and upcoming sophomore jackie stack having loads of varsity experience, they'll stay tough to beat. jj bevins should be considered when discussing the best in the region.
Sheldon Clark is playing the toughest schedule of anyone in the region and the addition of Spurlock from Clay County gives them another shooter to go with Newsome and Booth is clearly the best player in the region.
Clearly the Best,are you sure about that,we'll see who has the best game when her and JJ Bevins play
Birdlegs Wrote:Clearly the Best,are you sure about that,we'll see who has the best game when her and JJ Bevins play
Booth is clearly the best in the 15th everyone besides a few belfry fans know that and you all will see when belfry gets beat 2 years in a row when they come in to SCHS at the first of Dec.
:flame:
I have heard Pike Central maybe pretty good also.
Pages: 1 2