Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville same as Valley last year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville is going through the same things Valley was going through last year except losing a coach and getting a new one, they have players quiting and players out for injury. Pikeville could be a sleeper in the District. Thoughts on this thread, comments, concerns?
Valley did fine last year regardless of what happened.
Pikeville may be facing some of that but it seems like Pike Central is the one that is going through the most changes this season.
Pikeville will not be a sleeper in the district this year, girls nor boys teams are impressing me at all.
They'll pull through it i think.
now that i realize what tribe is saying i dont know...
Elaborate cow.
Pikeville will be fine after they find their team chemistry. This is definitely a rebuilding year, but I'm sure they'll be fine. The next couple of months of basketball will really determine a lot... and I look for them to pick it up a bit.
well i look at what their girls team has...they have maybe one or two guards...all of their players quit...and they have a key freshman on the bench probably out for the season...she had a significant tear in her ankle...tore tendons.

And Pike Central has had some tough times this year...with a real good player in Paige Lowe quiting.
I hadn't hurt anything about any Pikeville girls quitting but it definetly happens. I don't know too much about their situation so I can't really discuss it as much as I could say East Ridge or Pike Central.

East Ridge has changed coaches every season. The last season, their coach quit FIVE days before their first game. Pike Central has the coaching change and a player quitting and coming back all of the time.
yea...Emily Colvin quit for pikeville before there first game this year...they had another player quit but i forgot who it was...
But I knew about both of the coaching changes at the school....it just must have slipped my mind
Now that you mention the name, the Colvin situation does ring a bell.
I rememeber that being posted, just no info about it.
She was feelin sick one day so after school she told her coach she was going to go home cuz she was feelin sick...then she went home and went to bed...later that night some friends called her and wanted to go to wal-mart, so she went with them. Apparently her coach saw her at wal-mart that night. The next morning she sat her down in the middle of the court during a middle of the court and made the team run around her, punishing them for her being at wal-mart. Well Colvin got up and walked out of practice that morning.
Oh my lord.

I can see the coaches point but the punishment did not fit the crime.
"The Dork" Wrote:Pikeville will be fine after they find their team chemistry. This is definitely a rebuilding year, but I'm sure they'll be fine. The next couple of months of basketball will really determine a lot... and I look for them to pick it up a bit.

The way they played agains Valley, they gonna have to pick it up a lot. But of course one game isn't going to determine the entire season.
They need to find that chemistry fast.
They have a bad record so far and chemisty is the backbone of a good team.
That is why East Ridge has been better this year. They just click.
Yea...what is Pikeville's record this year?
ER is better this year than they were last year, I have noticed that.
Before a tourney that started today, Pikevilles record is 1-6. I personally feel like if everyone was healthy, they would be about a 500 team to date... but that is just my opinion.
Last that I heard, Pikeville was 1-6.

East Ridge has their chemistry together this year.
In the five starters, four are the same age and have played together for a LONG time.
Does anyone think that Pikeville will have the same outcome as Valley had last year... the District title???

In my opinion... no.
well Pikeville lost by 3 today so they are 1-7 now...not lookin to good for the Panthers
There is still a lot of time left before tournament time, but East Ridge and Shelby Valley are big ball clubs to overcome...
I agree dork...lol...sorry thats so funny to say...but I think once ER gets healthy that they will be a threat to Valley's district chances.
1-7 isn't a good record at all....

This is a down year for them so I don't see them getting a district title at all.
like dork said rebuilding year
Very true.