Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elisha Justice (RUMOR)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have heard from several people that he got a full ride a louisville....Can anyone confirm this?
If it is true, congrats to that young man!
That would be amazing!!!! I would love to see this happen for Elisha! He deserves it and should not be slighted in the least, just for sticking to his committment. I love this young man, and he will represent the mountains in a fantastic way!
Where did you here this from?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Where did you here this from?

"Several People" :biggrin:
alot of times
I can see this.

U of L has to have a few schollys available.

The cards had 12 scholarship players last season, and graduated two players (PG Edgar Sosa and Jerry Smith) This would leave U of L with 10 returning players on scholarship..

THey have 3 players committed, Russ Smith, Justin Coleman, and Elisha Justice. Each school has 14 scholly avainlabel.....IMO that would mean one to EJ.

Congrats to EJ and to Coach Pitino
A well deserved Full Ride imo.
Jody Demlin said the only way he gets a scholarship is if Justin Coleman is ineligible to enroll at UofL! By what he says, It looks like Alisha will get a free ride!
From what I'm hearing, Coleman probably won't be eligible and will have to go the JUCO route for a season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:From what I'm hearing, Coleman probably won't be eligible and will have to go the JUCO route for a season.

Same here. Heard the same thing from a buddy who attends U of L.

Theyre stooked to get Elisha, he got to see him at state.
Kentucky sure did miss out IMO.
Im not certain but i think coleman is elgible! But i am hearing from more reliable sources that hehas a scholly from louisville
cougarpride08 Wrote:Kentucky sure did miss out IMO.

Kentucky didn't miss out on anything. Had he came to KY he would have set at the end of the bench and never left. IMO that's what he will do at UL, but I hope I'm wrong and he gets the opportunity to play, but I don't see it happening in the Big East.
I think he will get to play...he will not start but he will get his minutes next seaosn
The Iceboxx Wrote:I can see this.

U of L has to have a few schollys available.

The cards had 12 scholarship players last season, and graduated two players (PG Edgar Sosa and Jerry Smith) This would leave U of L with 10 returning players on scholarship..

THey have 3 players committed, Russ Smith, Justin Coleman, and Elisha Justice. Each school has 14 scholly avainlabel.....IMO that would mean one to EJ.

Congrats to EJ and to Coach Pitino

Each team only has 13 scholarships, if I'm not mistaken
Each team does have only 13 scholarships. If Justice gets any playing time at all, that means Looserville will not be very good. I don't see him playing over Marra, Knowles, Siva
Navajo4life Wrote:Each team does have only 13 scholarships. If Justice gets any playing time at all, that means Looserville will not be very good. I don't see him playing over Marra, Knowles, Siva

you are correct! He will not play over marra, siva, knowles but he will get to play...and yes louisville will suck
They said Justice would play behind Siva.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:They said Justice would play behind Siva.

That is pretty exciting. I would hope that if they got Teague then Elisha would still get some decent playing time.
saw elisha at hillbilly days yesterday, all out in his louisville attire. congrats buddy.
lol Siva played 5 mins a game last year and he was a 4 or 5 star. What makes you think AJ is gonna play alot?
Louisville lost all there guards! Thats why i think EJ will play..I think pitino or any coach would love the desire and heart and the work ethic that EJ plays with....You heard that from John walls HS coach nad its obvius he knows talent! EJ will have the time of his life playing for the cards and will do great...Yes louisville will be WAY DOWN next season which will help him...You have to look at the amount of subs Pitino puts in during a game
I am not on here often but I figured I would register to let you guys in on this. This is exactly how it went down with no exaggerations or misleading statements. Elisha, as you all know, was committed to Lousiville as a walk on. After he won the Mr. Basketball award Calipari called him personally on Elisha's cell phone and asked what it would take to get him in a KY uniform and verbally offered him a full ride. Within an hour Rick Pitino called and extended Elisha a full ride. After some family discussion time he decided to stick with Lousiville. I don't know how it isn't normal news that he recieved his official offers yet but I know it happened very fast.
I heard this from a pretty good source that he has a FULL ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP to UL.
LuvofMoney'9 Wrote:I heard this from a pretty good source that he has a FULL ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP to UL.

That is fantastic to heard. I hope that Elisha comes back to the mountains with a degree and head for coaching.
cougarpride08 Wrote:kentucky sure did miss out imo.

everyone is entitled their opinion but how in the world did uk miss out. Let's see the knight kid #1 player in the nation or a kid who is under size and would be lucky to start for morehead. Not knocking on justice he is a fine player and what i hear a good kid and i really hope is does good at ul they sure need it as they have been down last couple years but to get at the level uk is just not gonna happen. Congrats elisha get that full ride and hoping you win the nit cause uk gonna dominate the big one for many years to come.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:everyone is entitled their opinion but how in the world did uk miss out. Let's see the knight kid #1 player in the nation or a kid who is under size and would be lucky to start for morehead. Not knocking on justice he is a fine player and what i hear a good kid and i really hope is does good at ul they sure need it as they have been down last couple years but to get at the level uk is just not gonna happen. Congrats elisha get that full ride and hoping you win the nit cause uk gonna dominate the big one for many years to come.

I tend to disagree, Elisha would have been a good player for the Kentucky team. He lacks size to be a major player at a school like UK but the way that he conducts himself off the court and how hard he can push the players in practice is a big deal. I respect him for following through on his verbal committment. He may not be a starter at UL for the 4 years but he will be a great asset to the team.
hope he comes to UK
With Samardo declaring for the NBA draft, that would give U of L another bball scholly btw