Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Big Cuz talks about time at UK, decision to jump to the NBA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) - Kentucky center DeMarcus Cousins says coach John Calipari practically ordered him to head to the NBA rather than return for his sophomore season with the Wildcats.

More
is that surprising???
I have to say I dont like Cal "Practically Ordering" our players to go pro. Maybe im looking into it too much.
Reanimate Wrote:I have to say I dont like Cal "Practically Ordering" our players to go pro. Maybe im looking into it too much.

I agree..Maybe thats the way college works now but I think some of these players could have benefited from one more year. I wish them well but still a strange thing I think.
I would hate to think that Coach Cal is forcing these players to go to the NBA if they'd rather return for another year!
I wonder if the ordering is because of his classroom performance? I remember someone posting that Dodson and Cousins had issues with going to class. IF he could have possibly been on academic probation, I can see why Cal would have told him to take a guaranteed MILLIONS contract vs. hurting the University and himself.
He is going to be able to live a lifelong dream and provide for his family sooner rather than later. He is making a good decision. I know he will make us proud!!!
how about cal knows that right now the only thing that could possibly happen returning to kentucky is getting injured and ending his career and never getting a chance to play in the nba and making money to set him up and his family.

he gains nothing by staying.
leecoukfan Wrote:I would hate to think that Coach Cal is forcing these players to go to the NBA if they'd rather return for another year!

:Thumbs:
Plus, you also have to think about NBA lockout too. May wanna go before that happens...
Big Cuz was a good one at UK, and will always be a fan favorite. He will have a very good NBA career.

Im glad we got to watch him play ths season
leecoukfan Wrote:I would hate to think that Coach Cal is forcing these players to go to the NBA if they'd rather return for another year!

I would like to see them stay another year too but Cal knows it's best they go now while there stock it high.
If the cards feel correctly like New Orleans getting the #1, then Cuz could go with the top pick. Im happy for him, and wish him the best. He loves UK, and will rep the Wildcats all over the NBA,
I think Cal may have seen the lockout coming and realized that in a two span Cuz could have some injury and that he needed to take advantage of the situation and provide for his family.
why would he want cuz to go pro
Didnt need him anways!
RavenBoy Wrote:Didnt need him anways!

you can't be serious? if it wasn't for him and wall UK wouldn't have done as well as they did
^ Dude, seriously. Ease back! How did we not need Cousins??? He was our anchor inside and was one of the biggest reasons we won as many games as we did.
I love Big Cuz and I wish things would have worked out for him staying but the lockout would be the biggest reason if it was me. I don't like the idea of Cal ordering players to leave either. It is their life, they get to choose.
RavenBoy has been on a bashing spree lately. He bashed Patterson in a thread earlier.
Everyone please just ignore RavenBoy. It is obvious he is just trying to bait everyone. Just ignore him. Unfortunately, if any of you retaliate with a post that breaks a rule (i.e. calling him a name) we have to give you an infraction for it.

Trolling, while looked down upon, and a rather immature thing to do, is not exactly a rule violation.

[Image: troll-web.jpg]
I already have.