Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best 3A Teams next year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Can anyone give an opinion to who you think will be the top 10 3A teams next year?
1-- Mason County
2-- Central
3-- Paducah Tilghman
4-- Somerset
5-- Belfry
6-- Sheldon Clark
7-- Union County
8-- Henry County
9-- Western Hills
10-- Pike County Central
Belfry
Central
Russell
Union County
Estill County
Breathitt County (If They Don't Lose All There Good Players To Pike Central)
Sheldon Clark
Western Hills
Henry County
Pike County Central
Strikeout King Wrote:Belfry
Central
Russell
Union County
Estill County
Breathitt County (If They Don't Lose All There Good Players To Pike Central)
Sheldon Clark
Western Hills
Henry County
Pike County Central

Mason County? :confused:
LClion4life Wrote:Mason County? :confused:

They lose 11 seniors but i still should have put them in there.
They return 5 D1 prospects.
LClion4life Wrote:They return 5 D1 prospects.

wow. any of them signed yet???

ill go and make a new list and put them in it
1) Mason County

2) Belfry

3) Central

4) Russell

5) Union County

6) Estill County

7) Breathitt County (If They Don't Lose All There Good Players To Pike Central)

8) Sheldon Clark

9) Western Hills

10) Pike County Central
Mason County football players are getting a lot interest from college football recruiters. Senior wide receiver Colt Fearis signed with Georgetown College last week, and Mason County Coach David Buchanan says he looks for two or three more current seniors to sign with colleges, but it's the next two classes that are drawing the interest from big schools.
While there are currently no scholarship offers, the college coaches want several players to attend their camps. Buchanan says Kentucky, Texas Tech, Illinois and North Carolina State want to see junior quarterback Neal Pawsat throw. Buchanan says he has been told Pawsat is one of Texas Tech's top three to five quarterback prospects. Buchanan says North Carolina State wants to see five quarterbacks- three players in North Carolina, one in Pennsylvania and Pawsat. The recruitment of Pawsat has led to coaches asking about other Mason County players.
Buchanan says after initially calling about Pawsat, Illinois watched video and expressed interest in Jordan Gilbert, Josh Harris, Alex Newton and Tyler Black. Buchanan says Duke became interested in Gilbert after watching Pawsat's video.
While Newton plays offensive tackle for the Royals, Buchanan says he is thinking about maybe pushing Newton as an offensive guard.
"Eastern [Kentucky] already has a very strong interest in Alex and wants him at camp," Buchanan said.
Harris, a sophomore running back and linebacker, is also getting his share of attention. "Probably the most enthusiasm for Josh so far has been UK and Ohio State," Buchanan said.
Harvard has sent a questionnaire to Harris.
"All these kids are helping each other, "Buchanan said.He says it's going to open some doors for other juniors including Carson Gray, Austin Berry and Xavia Shurn.
LClion4life Wrote:Mason County football players are getting a lot interest from college football recruiters. Senior wide receiver Colt Fearis signed with Georgetown College last week, and Mason County Coach David Buchanan says he looks for two or three more current seniors to sign with colleges, but it's the next two classes that are drawing the interest from big schools.
While there are currently no scholarship offers, the college coaches want several players to attend their camps. Buchanan says Kentucky, Texas Tech, Illinois and North Carolina State want to see junior quarterback Neal Pawsat throw. Buchanan says he has been told Pawsat is one of Texas Tech's top three to five quarterback prospects. Buchanan says North Carolina State wants to see five quarterbacks- three players in North Carolina, one in Pennsylvania and Pawsat. The recruitment of Pawsat has led to coaches asking about other Mason County players.
Buchanan says after initially calling about Pawsat, Illinois watched video and expressed interest in Jordan Gilbert, Josh Harris, Alex Newton and Tyler Black. Buchanan says Duke became interested in Gilbert after watching Pawsat's video.
While Newton plays offensive tackle for the Royals, Buchanan says he is thinking about maybe pushing Newton as an offensive guard.
"Eastern [Kentucky] already has a very strong interest in Alex and wants him at camp," Buchanan said.
Harris, a sophomore running back and linebacker, is also getting his share of attention. "Probably the most enthusiasm for Josh so far has been UK and Ohio State," Buchanan said.
Harvard has sent a questionnaire to Harris.
"All these kids are helping each other, "Buchanan said.He says it's going to open some doors for other juniors including Carson Gray, Austin Berry and Xavia Shurn.

Good To See Kentucky Kids Getting Major Attention. Texas Tech is one of my favorite Teams.
Yeah, I think Mason will dominate next year. Another 10-0 regular season.
LClion4life Wrote:Yeah, I think Mason will dominate next year. Another 10-0 regular season.

i've never seen them play but Estill has never scheduled them, since i've been around
Strikeout King Wrote:i've never seen them play but Estill has never scheduled them, since i've been around

You should go see. The trio of Pawsat, Harris, and Gilbert are a treat to watch.
LClion4life Wrote:You should go see. The trio of Pawsat, Harris, and Gilbert are a treat to watch.

when did you go see them play?
They're in our district.
LClion4life Wrote:They're in our district.

Something i didn't know. how nice is there field?
Not as good as you'd think it would be. But rumors have it that they may be getting turf soon.
LClion4life Wrote:Not as good as you'd think it would be. But rumors have it that they may be getting turf soon.

they do have a nice gym. i hate turf
Yeah they have one of the best basketball facilities in the entire state.
Paducah Tilghman has practically everyone back and improved depth at the skills. They have the potential and athletes to be significantly better. Key district games are at home. You may have sound reasons for leaving them off your list. But I believe very few 3A coaches will overlook them.
I have them at #3. Big Grin
Does Somerset return anyone from the team that reached the finals last year?
Strikeout King Wrote:Good To See Kentucky Kids Getting Major Attention. Texas Tech is one of my favorite Teams.
TT will look a lot different now than when Leach was the coach. The new coach runs a totally different offense.
SportzAnimal Wrote:Does Somerset return anyone from the team that reached the finals last year?

they lose 16 seniors
1. Paducah Tilghman
2. Lou. Central
3. Mason County
4. Somerset
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Union County
7. Western Hills
8. Belfry
9. Pike Central
10. Russell
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Paducah Tilghman
2. Lou. Central
3. Mason County
4. Somerset
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Union County
7. Western Hills
8. Belfry
9. Pike Central
10. Russell

Unbiased and accurate.

I like it!
Strikeout King Wrote:1) Mason County

2) Belfry

3) Central

4) Russell

5) Union County

6) Estill County

8) Sheldon Clark

9) Western Hills

10) Pike County Central

--------------
This list is terrible.

You dont even have the defending state champs in your top 10 (Paducah Tilghman)? You also have Sheldon Clark at 8, some polls will have them pre season #1, they return almost everything off of a fina four team. The team that beat Sheldon Clark:; Somerset, returns a 3000 yard passer and one of the best athletes in the mountains.

My spring top 10

1-Paducah Tilghman -Sam Cox is back at QB, and PT returns their best player ATH Josh Forrest.

2- Sheldon Clark - A lot of talent, Mikie Moore, Avery Ray, Matt Slone and returning senior QB Austin Stepp

3-Somerset- Manning to Storm Johnson got the Briar Jumpers to state once, and the duo do it again this season.

4- Mason County. - Will Neal Pawsat get healthy, if he can the Royals have championship talent.

5- Central - Anthony Wales rushed for 2000 yards as a soph, and Central had to play a lot of young kids last season due to injury.

6- Union County. - Bring back starting QB, both leading rusher, and leading reciever.

7-Belfry - Who is gonna feel in the shoes for Thomas Varney. Belfry bring back alot of good players up front

8-Elizabethtown - Kyle Todd, brother of Chris Todd(Auburn) Threw for 1900 yards as a soph last season.

9-Fleming County- The Pathers are going to have a new coaching staff, but the new guys have a lot to worth with. Fleming brings back almost all of their defense, and several key skill kids on offense.

10-Estill County - Estill returns a lot of rushing yards and look to make it over the hump and finally beat Breathitt Co.

Hon. Mention 10-15

11-Pike County Central
12-Russell
13-Specer County
14-Breathitt County
15-Henry County
Let's see....for arguments sake, my list goes like this

1) Paducah Tilghman
2) Mason County
3) Somerset
4) Sheldon Clark
5) Central
6) Belfry
7) Union County
8) Elizabethtown
9) Pike Co Central
10) Henry County
The Iceboxx Wrote:--------------
This list is terrible.

You dont even have the defending state champs in your top 10 (Paducah Tilghman)? You also have Sheldon Clark at 8, some polls will have them pre season #1, they return almost everything off of a fina four team. The team that beat Sheldon Clark:; Somerset, returns a 3000 yard passer and one of the best athletes in the mountains.

My spring top 10

1-Paducah Tilghman -Sam Cox is back at QB, and PT returns their best player ATH Josh Forrest.

2- Sheldon Clark - A lot of talent, Mikie Moore, Avery Ray, Matt Slone and returning senior QB Austin Stepp

3-Somerset- Manning to Storm Johnson got the Briar Jumpers to state once, and the duo do it again this season.

4- Mason County. - Will Neal Pawsat get healthy, if he can the Royals have championship talent.

5- Central - Anthony Wales rushed for 2000 yards as a soph, and Central had to play a lot of young kids last season due to injury.

6- Union County. - Bring back starting QB, both leading rusher, and leading reciever.

7-Belfry - Who is gonna feel in the shoes for Thomas Varney. Belfry bring back alot of good players up front

8-Elizabethtown - Kyle Todd, brother of Chris Todd(Auburn) Threw for 1900 yards as a soph last season.

9-Fleming County- The Pathers are going to have a new coaching staff, but the new guys have a lot to worth with. Fleming brings back almost all of their defense, and several key skill kids on offense.

10-Estill County - Estill returns a lot of rushing yards and look to make it over the hump and finally beat Breathitt Co.

Hon. Mention 10-15

11-Pike County Central
12-Russell
13-Specer County
14-Breathitt County
15-Henry County

#2 on your list Sheldon Clark, matt slone graduated. But they have Kristian Skyles #10 returning (5'8" 185lbs runs a 4.46 40 yard dash, benches 350lbs as a sophmore) .Top 100 sophmores in the nation by National Underclassmen recruiting service.
Strikeout King Wrote:1) Mason County

2) Belfry

3) Central

4) Russell

5) Union County

6) Estill County

8) Sheldon Clark

9) Western Hills

10) Pike County Central

Western hills ane pike central? not Henry County? Henry beat hills and PCC last year and Henry returns alot of key players... I watched their spring game and the seniors were playing good... Hartlage had 3 touchdowns they have all secondary returning with Baldwin/Amburgey/Stewart and Farris they moved hartlage to OLB Stewart had 2 TDs and one passing TD... They looked really good for it to be this early!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6