Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Womens Hoops en fuego
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you think of UK basketball, of course people are gonna start talking about how hyped up they are about Coach Cal, and new freshman Brandon Kight, and Enes Kanter. Something that is going unnoticed to most, an the job that Coach Mather Mitchell is doing with the womens team.

Coach Mitchell is building a team that could challenge for the 2011 national title.

-Back is 4 of 5 starters off of an UK womens team that made it to the elite eight.

-84% of the scoring returns for the wildcats (62/73 ppg)

-Returning for the Lady Cats are SEC POY Victoria Dunlap

-Also returning for Coach Mitchell is SEC FOY Adia Mathis (Iroquois High)

-UK women also inked their first ever McDonalds ALL American last week (PG - Jennifer Oneil)

-Coach Mitchell has gotten commitments from 4 players in the ESPNU top 100(Jennifer Oneil , Laquinta Jefferson, Kastin Evans, and Samantha Drake-Nelson Co.)

-UK has also recieved a letter of Intent from KY Miss Basketball Sarah Beth Bartnette ( LCA)

Coach Mitchell is doing an outstanding job, and I figured it would be great to post this, because the girls dont always get the most pub, with how great Coach Cal is doing with the guys. IMO UK hoops will contend for a final four , and national title in mens and womens basketball next season.
The Iceboxx Wrote:When you think of UK basketball, of course people are gonna start talking about how hyped up they are about Coach Cal, and new freshman Brandon Kight, and Enes Kanter. Something that is going unnoticed to most, an the job that Coach Mather Mitchell is doing with the womens team.

Coach Mitchell is building a team that could challenge for the 2011 national title.

-Back is 4 of 5 starters off of an UK womens team that made it to the elite eight.

-84% of the scoring returns for the wildcats (62/73 ppg)

-Returning for the Lady Cats are SEC POY Victoria Dunlap

-Also returning for Coach Mitchell is SEC FOY Adia Mathis (Iroquois High)

-UK women also inked their first ever McDonalds ALL American last week (PG - Jennifer Oneil)

-Coach Mitchell has gotten commitments from 4 players in the ESPNU top 100(Jennifer Oneil , Laquinta Jefferson, Kastin Evans, and Samantha Drake-Nelson Co.)

-UK has also recieved a letter of Intent from KY Miss Basketball Sarah Beth Bartnette ( LCA)

Coach Mitchell is doing an outstanding job, and I figured it would be great to post this, because the girls dont always get the most pub, with how great Coach Cal is doing with the guys. IMO UK hoops will contend for a final four , and national title in mens and womens basketball next season.

:Thumbs:TongueirateSho:rockon: I agree 100% with you. They will be scary in the SEC next year for sure. I hope they do well, and we need another big time win next year to get more recruiting for the 2011/2012 season.
It would be nice to see the NCAA Champion for the Men and Women's basketball be Kentucky!!
I think you are right on with them being a major contender next year. They dont quit. I went to several games last year and was really impressed with their style..Tickets are really cheap...Check em out next year!
:1:
Coach really is doing an outstanding job as in his tenure here as coach. I hope that this is his dream job because I think that he could be here for a long time!
Coach Mitchell has done an outstanding job at UK and I hope he sticks around. We should be in the Final Four picture next year and possibly in the running for 1st place in the SEC.

He'd better be out recruiting all the talent that is in Kentucky! (I'm sure he is) It would be great if we could get Moss, Elder, Epps, Goodin-Rodgers, Greenwell and maybe a few more talented players in the state.
ryanblue1424 Wrote:Coach Mitchell has done an outstanding job at UK and I hope he sticks around. We should be in the Final Four picture next year and possibly in the running for 1st place in the SEC.

He'd better be out recruiting all the talent that is in Kentucky! (I'm sure he is) It would be great if we could get Moss, Elder, Epps, Goodin-Rodgers, Greenwell and maybe a few more talented players in the state.

Hammond and Stainback wouldn't be bad pick-ups either. I think Hammond is higher rated though. Epps and G-R would be incredible pick-up's!
lwc Wrote:Hammond and Stainback wouldn't be bad pick-ups either. I think Hammond is higher rated though. Epps and G-R would be incredible pick-up's!

I would be great to have them too.
i really hope the AD rewards him for what he is doing. i know in the end he could jump to a better known program but it really makes it harder when he is shown the respect he deserves with a contract and reflects that.
He is doing an excellent job.

The difference now is going to be getting size and the small difference between Elite 8 and Final Four is small but difficult...........
I think before Hammond you have to go after Epps and Moss they fit the system perfectly...I hope the best for Hammond but shes not UK IMO
Arnt all these girls in diffrent grades. I though Hammond was a JR, Epps is only a freshman , and Moss is a soph. I hate to end the argument, but Coach Mitchell will prlly try and take a shot at all of them. lol.