Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Stats?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.maxpreps.com/list/leaderboard...1&state=ky

----Look at these stats from Wolfe County, I saw them play Lee twice and the second best hitter in the state went like 1-6 ?????? Why would someone put these stats in there?
I'm not going to lie. I know nothing about Wolfe County, but those stats look seriously inflated to me.
Nothing inflated about those stats. Just go to their team page there and it has the stats of each game. I went to both games that Lee and Wolfe played and he got robbed twice last night in the All-A. He lined out hard to the first baseman in the 1st and later the left fielder made as good a catch as you will see in a high school game on a foul ball. Wise did absolutely nothing against Wolfe or us in the three games I have seen him play. Never hit one ball hard in all three of those games. That only means he had 3 bad games and that is all. He is still a very good hitter. From looking at the Wolfe-Lee game last year, Creech went 3 for 3 against them so you can't go by what transpires in a game or two. From what I saw last night, the thing I see that seperates him is the way he recognizes the curve ball. He hit a rope to the first baseman on one and in his last at bat, he was just a bit early and hit one a mile foul down the right field line. By the way, he also threw a great game against Lee and if Wolfe could catch the ball, they would have beaten Lee twice. They must have made 15 errors in the two games I saw.
3under_PAR Wrote:http://www.maxpreps.com/list/leaderboard...1&state=ky

----Look at these stats from Wolfe County, I saw them play Lee twice and the second best hitter in the state went like 1-6 ?????? Why would someone put these stats in there?
If you bothered to look deeper you would know that he was hitting .732 before the game last night and last nights game was the first one all year that he didn't have a hit. You can go to each team that post their stats and games on that site and get a game by game breakdown of players stats. I don't know why we don't use it here at Powell.
By the way, look on last years stats for Wolfe on that site and you will find Creech's avg. for last year was .607 which matches the khsaa baseball records web site which tied for the 5th highest single season batting avg. of all time. Do some more investigating before you start hating.
Boy he faces some tough pitching too....Have you seen Wolfe's schedule??? It's brutal. Riverside Christian, Owsley, Menifee, Cordia, Lee, Elliott....... Lol
John_Rocker Wrote:Boy he faces some tough pitching too....Have you seen Wolfe's schedule??? It's brutal. Riverside Christian, Owsley, Menifee, Cordia, Lee, Elliott....... Lol

PCBaseball Wrote:Nothing inflated about those stats. Just go to their team page there and it has the stats of each game. I went to both games that Lee and Wolfe played and he got robbed twice last night in the All-A. He lined out hard to the first baseman in the 1st and later the left fielder made as good a catch as you will see in a high school game on a foul ball. Wise did absolutely nothing against Wolfe or us in the three games I have seen him play. Never hit one ball hard in all three of those games. That only means he had 3 bad games and that is all. He is still a very good hitter. From looking at the Wolfe-Lee game last year, Creech went 3 for 3 against them so you can't go by what transpires in a game or two. From what I saw last night, the thing I see that seperates him is the way he recognizes the curve ball. He hit a rope to the first baseman on one and in his last at bat, he was just a bit early and hit one a mile foul down the right field line. By the way, he also threw a great game against Lee and if Wolfe could catch the ball, they would have beaten Lee twice. They must have made 15 errors in the two games I saw.

Your right that does seperate him.......becasue he didnt touch a fastball all night. Those are some good traits to have as the 2nd best hitter in the state, sit curveball and adjust???????

I honestly dont have a problem with the player I think he COULD be a good or decent High School player if his dad and stat keeper would teach him the game is not about him and setting the state recors by playing Elliot, Riverside, Owsley, Magoffin, twice a year. Its about a team. I could hear him and the catcher arguing from the stands the other night. It almost made me sick. Then to only learn the comments from my son that was said about the Wolfe Co. team from him and his dad. They really need to re-think their baceball coach hire next year. I think I would rather my son play for a good person that has no clue about the game than that guy!!!!!!!!!!
I have you know that first and for most i'm not just a 'Dylan Creech' fan. I'm a wolfe Co. baseball supporter, and have been for a long time. Dylan Creech though, just to correct you is #2 in the nation with highest batting average, and #1 in the state. These stats are not inflated, his dad wasn't the coach last year and he still lead the state. So that has nothing to do with it. Dylan Creech is a great kid, and a great baseball player, can't wait to watch him get better and keep growing as a player. He will be unreal. So before you say these stats are not right, come watch him play. You wont regret it.
truebluefan4 Wrote:I have you know that first and for most i'm not just a 'Dylan Creech' fan. I'm a wolfe Co. baseball supporter, and have been for a long time. Dylan Creech though, just to correct you is #2 in the nation with highest batting average, and #1 in the state. These stats are not inflated, his dad wasn't the coach last year and he still lead the state. So that has nothing to do with it. Dylan Creech is a great kid, and a great baseball player, can't wait to watch him get better and keep growing as a player. He will be unreal. So before you say these stats are not right, come watch him play. You wont regret it.

Creech is very good. But I would imagine there are alot of kids in Kentucky who could hit well against the schedule that Wolfe plays. I don't care if he is batting .999, it will not impress anyone when it is against Riverside Christian, Owsley, Menifee, Buckhorn, Lynn Camp, Elliot, Cordia, etc...... Is Wolfe that weak to need to play a schedule like that?
John_Rocker Wrote:Creech is very good. But I would imagine there are alot of kids in Kentucky who could hit well against the schedule that Wolfe plays. I don't care if he is batting .999, it will not impress anyone when it is against Riverside Christian, Owsley, Menifee, Buckhorn, Lynn Camp, Elliot, Cordia, etc...... Is Wolfe that weak to need to play a schedule like that?

Well in the summer he plays against very good teams. And he still hits great. He doesn't need to impress you. You'll see one day
truebluefan4 Wrote:Well in the summer he plays against very good teams. And he still hits great. He doesn't need to impress you. You'll see one day
Hey Jim, how old IS Dylan, anyway???
pocofan Wrote:Hey Jim, how old IS Dylan, anyway???

according to his myspace he's 16
If this kid ever wants to get anywhere, he needs to either transfer or talk his coach into playing decent competition. Noone bats .700 against even decent competition. I believe everyone here knows who Bryce Harper and he didn't even bat that high. Are we saying this kid is that caliber? Please someone say he is so I can have a laugh for the day
Dylan is 16, he turned 16 a few months ago
3sporteagle Wrote:If this kid ever wants to get anywhere, he needs to either transfer or talk his coach into playing decent competition. Noone bats .700 against even decent competition. I believe everyone here knows who Bryce Harper and he didn't even bat that high. Are we saying this kid is that caliber? Please someone say he is so I can have a laugh for the day

This whole thread is foolish! Slow pitch softball players dont hit this well.

High School stats are meaningless because every team doesnt play the same competition. Also everyone doesnt use the same criteria for scoring hits and errors.
3under_PAR Wrote:Your right that does seperate him.......becasue he didnt touch a fastball all night. Those are some good traits to have as the 2nd best hitter in the state, sit curveball and adjust???????

I honestly dont have a problem with the player I think he COULD be a good or decent High School player if his dad and stat keeper would teach him the game is not about him and setting the state recors by playing Elliot, Riverside, Owsley, Magoffin, twice a year. Its about a team. I could hear him and the catcher arguing from the stands the other night. It almost made me sick. Then to only learn the comments from my son that was said about the Wolfe Co. team from him and his dad. They really need to re-think their baceball coach hire next year. I think I would rather my son play for a good person that has no clue about the game than that guy!!!!!!!!!!

Now I understand why! :yikes:
This kid is a decent ball player. watched him play last year a couple of times didn't impress me at all.... these stats mean nothing. take any good player and let them play that same schedule and see what happens. they will put up the same kind of numbers. If i were a player i would rather hit .400 against great comp than hit .800 against no one.. if he wants the recognition he better do it against quality competion
He was 16 like 2 years ago. how many birth certificates does he have?
pocofan Wrote:He was 16 like 2 years ago. how many birth certificates does he have?

Let's not go there! This is bordering on making it personal on a minor and will not be tolerated if that was the intent!
pocofan Wrote:He was 16 like 2 years ago. how many birth certificates does he have?

I am sorry but you are taking this too far. Dylan is 16 and you have no idea what you are talking about!
John_Rocker Wrote:Boy he faces some tough pitching too....Have you seen Wolfe's schedule??? It's brutal. Riverside Christian, Owsley, Menifee, Cordia, Lee, Elliott....... Lol

you got that right on some tough pitching lol let him play some bigger schools around the region and lets how good he is
I would love to have an experiement and be able to bring Jeff Gardner from Whitfield Academy in and play this schedule, or how about Brandon Alphin from Bullitt East or possibly Lucas Whitt from Lexington Christian, or how about Taylor Banks from PRP? I promise you if you flip flop anyone of these players with Dylan and let him go play for their team and they play for his, you might be able to come back to reality and see what everybody is talking about? This is rediculus. This is also why Maxpreps has such a bad reputation.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I would love to have an experiement and be able to bring Jeff Gardner from Whitfield Academy in and play this schedule, or how about Brandon Alphin from Bullitt East or possibly Lucas Whitt from Lexington Christian, or how about Taylor Banks from PRP? I promise you if you flip flop anyone of these players with Dylan and let him go play for their team and they play for his, you might be able to come back to reality and see what everybody is talking about? This is rediculus. This is also why Maxpreps has such a bad reputation.

Very very true. I doubt the kid could start for most good high school teams. No offense but these stats are ridiculous and they are taking away from kids that have the oppurtunity to set state records that are not inflated.