Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clearing beside Wal-Mart in Pikeville.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know what is going on over there. I think that the road construction may have something to do with the clearing out of the land but it just seems like they are working on the land for maybe another shopping center or business center. Does anyone know what is suppose to be going on over there?
By the way someone needs to buy the Sonic and get it back up and running. I am sure that place did not lose money, with how many people was ALWAYS over there.
My brother is part owner of Unisign and Pike Mountain Water Bottled Water and does a lot of business with the city of Pikeville. He told me Stake N Shake is more than likely going in at the old Sonic. As far as the development, he said they are building ramps down to the river for rafting or something. Kohls is also considering the site for a store. If that happens Red Lobster and Golden Coral and/or Texas Road House are consider the site. This is all rumored. I don't know if anything is official.
I've heard that Steak 'N Shake is for sure going in.
Steak n Shake would be amazing!!! I love it here in Lexington.
If Steak n Shake goes in they will make a killing in the first year, so would golden coral
I hate that food is the only sure fire way of making sure a business is successful in Pikeville.
I think Golden Coral would make a killing in either Pikeville, Prestonsburg, Paintsville, or Hazard.
i like golden corral.

never ate at steak n shake
Strikeout King Wrote:i like golden corral.

never ate at steak n shake

I eat at the Steak and Shake here in Lexington about 9-10 times a semester.
Love some steak n shake.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I've heard that Steak 'N Shake is for sure going in.

I've also heard this.
Does anyone have anything concrete? I remember a few years ago there was suppose to be an Old Navy and Red Lobster to be put in there but that never came to be.
Heard the other day that a Target is confirmed back there. That is going to be interesting to see a Kohl's and Target behind the Walmart.
I have heard these are 99% accurate:

Target
Kohls
American Eagle
Golden Corral
Texas Roadhouse
PC_You_Know Wrote:I have heard these are 99% accurate:

Target
Kohls
American Eagle
Golden Corral
Texas Roadhouse

Would love for three of those. I have heard a steak n shake!! I would keep that place in business.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Would love for three of those. I have heard a steak n shake!! I would keep that place in business.

I've received that list of businesses from a few Wal-mart employees. You only want three, they're pretty sure we're getting them all.
I dont really care for Golden Corral and I really do not shop or need any more clothes for that matter so American Eagle is not really my cup of tea.
I heard Steak N Shake and Golden Corral forsure.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I've received that list of businesses from a few Wal-mart employees. You only want three, they're pretty sure we're getting them all.

I'm sure those Wal-mart employees are really in the "know". Wow.
Uncle Fester Wrote:I'm sure those Wal-mart employees are really in the "know". Wow.

I bet they have better sources about that kind of stuff than you.
Well Infamous has split the store with Aarons now.

Steak n Shake would do well, better than sonic.
Golden Corral would do GREAT.
Red Lobster wouldnt like 3 weeks.
I wouldn't expect all 3 of the Target, Kohls, and American Eagle combo. Steak n Shake is for sure. It's going in where Sonic currently is. Texas Roadhouse is likely. Golden Corral has inquired as well.

As far as inquiring, all of the above are true. Just don't expect them all to come in. American Eagle may happen but both Target and Kohls is a bit of a stretch.
I really do not care about the Clothes stores. I just want things that would help the local economy. I know that a Steak and Shake would do great and they really need to utilize all of that area behind the post office.
I really don't think Red Lobster will be successful at Pikeville. Too high in price.
Red Lobster wouldn't last a year
Saw today that they have pulled down the old sonic building, which in my opinion is a shame considering that the Sonic seemed to have good business. I think it was an owner situation that caused both of them around the area to close and I think that it would have been bought sooner or later. But anyways, I guess they are indeed making a place for a steak n shake or some other place.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Saw today that they have pulled down the old sonic building, which in my opinion is a shame considering that the Sonic seemed to have good business. I think it was an owner situation that caused both of them around the area to close and I think that it would have been bought sooner or later. But anyways, I guess they are indeed making a place for a steak n shake or some other place.
It's for the Steak N Shake.
BCF4L Wrote:It's for the Steak N Shake.

Thanks man!!
I talked to my brother, and he said that Texas Road House is a done deal. He met with the owners last week to help them with their sign orders. He said that Target wanted to go in, but Wal Mart blocked it. He said Wal Mart controls a lot in that area. They even control the size of the signs the other businesses get. It all has to be approved by Wal Mart.
WOW! Wal-Mart does run things don't they?
Pages: 1 2