Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rick Hancock New Allen Elementary Girls Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Watch out for the Lady Eagles next year good job Seth getting him down there.
Allen's sports programs, are definitely heading in the right directions. :Thumbs:
Rick is a great guy and he'll do a good job as the girls coach at Allen also!!! best of luck!
Congrats ALLEN!! Got the best coach in middle school now the parnents just have to get behind him and i can see a county tourney coming in the near future, Hancock believes in defense and trust me probably one of the best defense coaches around here so sit back and watch a enjoyable year at allen.. BE READY TO WORK UR BUTTS OFF ALLEN AND BRING HOME THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!
Heard today that this was not ture who know guess we wait and see.
Yea I heard that too, I called him and asked him about and he said that as far as he knew he was still goin and couldnt wait to get started and make him a championship team.... I know him good and he will be a top competetior before the year is out with them and I jsut hope that all the parents and staff back him cause they got them a good one as long as this goes thru, They betterget him quick and go ahead and make him coach before coach cal gets him to come help him next year thier like 4th cousins and they have been in contact with each other e-mails and stuff so wake up allen and sign this coach of the year!!!!!!!!!
Excited to have such a good coach at Allen, Coach Hancock has my complete support. Good things are happening at Allen, and this is like icing on the cake. The future is BRIGHT at Allen!!!!!!!!

Coach Wright
Allen Elementary
Can't wait to meet with the girls and get the program rolling.
I will be having a meeting on Monday May 24th at 5pm with the girls and there parents If you plan on playing girls basketball at Allen Elementary for the upcoming season you will need to come to this meeting.

Thanks, Coach Hancock

I will need to get the physical forms given out and I will be discussing what my plans are for June and July.

Hope you girls are ready to work hard we can't get better if we don't practice and work hard this summer.
Thanks, Coach Wright for your great comment, Look foward to meeting you and working together to bring Allen to the top. And I would like to thank you Seth for given the chance to coach again. I will work with both of you and the staff at Allen to bring the programs to the top.
CONGRATS COACH HANCOCK I hope them girls are ready to practice and win some games I know you are goin to work them hard and make them the best they can be... I cant wait to watch some eagle basketball next season!!!!!
Thanks for your comment there softball coach you need come down and help me.
The meeting that I had posted for Monday night has been change for this Thursday afternoon at 5 pm some of girls had a baseball game that night.
Like to thank all the parents and staff for such a warm welcoming today. Can't wait to get started working with girls.
Good luck coach.
Thanks Reanimate
Hope u had a great turn out the other day. I know u will work hard with the girls and make them the best they possible can be and allen made a awesome choice in contacting u for the job. If the parents will help and work with you on whatever u need then they will have a grade a team there and a great coach..
I heard after he had his meeting with the parents that they where already wanting to rid of him. We will take him back for sure maybe some don't want him but I love to see him back here where he belong. Also heard that he was going to help with the high school girls Prestonsburg.
Well coach hancock is a winning caoch not one to play favors to anybody and if thier child isnt good enough to play middle school ball then maybe thier the ones to blame cause they dont do thier parentin thing and get out and play with thier kids like they should... He is a excellent coach and will not play players cause of who they are and thats whats wrong with this sport right now is thier parents think thier all stars and some of them will not even come to a game but theylll be the first to complain about it... Come on parents get out and tech ur kids to play instead of just letting them sat behind a computer desk or a x box and then think thier all stars sorry it dont work that way and if thats what you think ur getting at allen is a coach who plays favorites or just cause he knows u then ur wrong hes a winning coach and thats what they hired him to do was win... GOOD LUCK COACH UR ONE OF THE BEST
Not sure about what was said.....but as a coach you will never make everyone happy and if you do, well you probably don't win many games...lol
With that said people are affraid of change. I believe he will do a great job with the girls. The Allen girls return every player from last year and are the C team County runners-up and that team started only 1 sixth grader. Can't wait to see them in action.

Coach Wright
Allen Elementary
softballcoach Wrote:Well coach hancock is a winning caoch not one to play favors to anybody and if thier child isnt good enough to play middle school ball then maybe thier the ones to blame cause they dont do thier parentin thing and get out and play with thier kids like they should... He is a excellent coach and will not play players cause of who they are and thats whats wrong with this sport right now is thier parents think thier all stars and some of them will not even come to a game but theylll be the first to complain about it... Come on parents get out and tech ur kids to play instead of just letting them sat behind a computer desk or a x box and then think thier all stars sorry it dont work that way and if thats what you think ur getting at allen is a coach who plays favorites or just cause he knows u then ur wrong hes a winning coach and thats what they hired him to do was win... GOOD LUCK COACH UR ONE OF THE BEST

We need more people like you around. Agree 100%
Thanks eagle.. Its just this stuff really gets to me because most schools will lose a real good fit to the program because of the parents trying to get involved with it and they have no clue what there doing they just think there kid is better than everybody elses and most of the time they cant even dribble a ball but its not the childs fault its the parents for not helping or teaching thier kid how to play the game cause they dont know thereselves but thier kid is still the best ive got a 3 year old and i know hes not goin to be the best at it or might not even like it its up to him ill be right there for him no matter what and if he decides to take it up (on his own not from me pushing him) then ill help him with everything i can but im not goin to sat back and tell a coach that mine deserves more playing time or anything like that as long as the kid is happy then i am and hey if hes happy jsut being a part of the team then so be it thats up to him... sorry for rambling on but it jsut gets to me cause alot of the complainers is the ones who played thier self and they think there child is as good as them or what have you.. when in reality the child dont want to play it feels like it has to cause mom or dad is pushing them to and thats what get me so mad like that sorry lol ill quit now lol
Heard that the girls and parents don't want him at Allen one of girls told me that he was a good coach but was a very demanding coach really to hard on them. ACMS still don't have a coach ours girls are going to be way behind when season starts. I know Allen girls are practing the summer they will be a good team when season start if he stay with them.
Everything is going great at Allen the girls are working hard and really wanting to learn. We are spending 3 hours a day in the gym. All coaches are not going to make everybody happy and things are going to be said about the coach that just goes alone with being a coach i am not going let things like this get to me anymore I have a lot of backing at Allen and everybody has be great to me Mr. Rowe and Seth and Tracy has been super nice to me and they are very please with what they see so far. Little Rebel Woman hope you all the best hope you fine a coach soon for the girls they are great kids and desire a coach.
ALLEN GIRLS COACH Wrote:Everything is going great at Allen the girls are working hard and really wanting to learn. We are spending 3 hours a day in the gym. All coaches are not going to make everybody happy and things are going to be said about the coach that just goes alone with being a coach i am not going let things like this get to me anymore I have a lot of backing at Allen and everybody has be great to me Mr. Rowe and Seth and Tracy has been super nice to me and they are very please with what they see so far. Little Rebel Woman hope you all the best hope you fine a coach soon for the girls they are great kids and desire a coach.

Well said.
i totally agree...i see great things happening at allen this year..i'm so happy to have rick working with our girls...the girls are excited also....he is great with them..they respect him because he respects the girls...thanks rick for coming to allen elem.
I am sure Rick will do fine at Allen! Looks to have the program moving in the right direction!
we like our new coach...he has taught us alot..he makes practice fun while he teaches us the fundamentals of basketball..we cant wait to play our first game and make him proud!!

ally and tiff