Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 10 players in the 16th in 2010-11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mine would be:
1-- Timmy Knipp(Elliott)
2-- Mike Terry(Fairview)
3-- Trey Williams(Greenup)
4-- Terrence Smith(Lewis)
5-- Koty Riley(Lewis)
6-- Aaron Rayburn(West Carter)
7-- Adam Wing(Rowan)
8-- Kyle Skaggs(Russell)
9-- Michael Hampton(Greenup)
10- Jake Ison(Elliott)
Timmy Knipp
Mikey Terry
Trey Williams
Adam Wing
Mike Hampton
Corey Gregg
Darrell Cross
Travis Taylor
Jake Ison
Koty Riley
LClion4life Wrote:Mine would be:
1-- Timmy Knipp(Elliott)
2-- Mike Terry(Fairview)
5-- Koty Riley(Lewis)
7-- Adam Wing(Rowan)
8-- Kyle Skaggs(Russell)
10- Jake Ison(Elliott)

You're assuming Smith will be the Smith of old, or hoping for it? I hope he is too. But, with such a severe injury, there's no guarantee he will be the player he once was. Again, I hope he is. He's a lot of fun to watch.
HD28, I read on another thread that you were talking about a transfer to RC, that may change the looks of this list. Can you give us any more details about your information.
LClion4life Wrote:Mine would be:
1-- Timmy Knipp(Elliott)
2-- Mike Terry(Fairview)
5-- Koty Riley(Lewis)
7-- Adam Wing(Rowan)
8-- Kyle Skaggs(Russell)
10- Jake Ison(Elliott)
Terry will be gone, IMO.
Williams just had knee surgery.
Gregg is better in the post than Hampton.
Smith has a long way to go to be what he once was.
It's a done deal Colonels87. Won't elaborate at this time, but a very good player will be playing at RC next year.
HD28 Wrote:It's a done deal Colonels87. Won't elaborate at this time, but a very good player will be playing at RC next year.

Well HD, would this mystery player fit into the top ten equation, and what region is he coming from.
OU812 Wrote:Terry will be gone, IMO.
Williams just had knee surgery.
Gregg is better in the post than Hampton.
Smith has a long way to go to be what he once was.
I, firsthand, seen Smith play a pickup games with some teammates and ex-teammates and he seemed great. His shot is just as good, if not better than it has ever been. He has lost a little in his step, which is what one would expect after an injury like his. But knowing T personally, I know he'll work hard to get to the same level, if not a higher one, then he was before.
LClion4life Wrote:I, firsthand, seen Smith play a pickup games with some teammates and ex-teammates and he seemed great. His shot is just as good, if not better than it has ever been. He has lost a little in his step, which is what one would expect after an injury like his. But knowing T personally, I know he'll work hard to get to the same level, if not a higher one, then he was before.
Okay
He will be a top 5 player, and the best PG in the region. Word is probably already out, so in the next day or two it will be obvious to everyone. I understand they've already bought a house in Morehead.
Why don't you just tell us?
HD28 Wrote:He will be a top 5 player, and the best PG in the region. Word is probably already out, so in the next day or two it will be obvious to everyone. I understand they've already bought a house in Morehead.

Did the player you are referring to, play in the Adidas All-Star game held at Perry Central??
Wire Wrote:Did the player you are referring to, play in the Adidas All-Star game held at Perry Central??

I think he may have based on what I am hearing, maybe HD can shed a little ligth on the topic and confirm this move. I hear it is a move from the 12th Region.
Yes he played. His name is Townsend.
Fred Sanford Wrote:Yes he played. His name is Townsend.

Wow....if true, Townsend, Wing & Cross could make some serious noise in the 16th
Timmy Knipp, Mike Terry, and Kyle Skaggs are the three best. Look for Justin Davidson to suprise some people as well. :devilflam
Kyle Skaggs is definitely not top 3.
Knipp Future Mr. Basketball
RedDevilPride2010 Wrote:Timmy Knipp, Mike Terry, and Kyle Skaggs are the three best. Look for Justin Davidson to suprise some people as well. :devilflam
Dude, there are noxious fumes coming from your keyboard, please step away from the computer. Knipp is right on, then the fumes must have overwhelmed you.
He should remove the maroon shades. Wink
Will Townsend be legitely eligible? Anyone thought of all that?
WildcatBasketball Wrote:Will Townsend be legitely eligible? Anyone thought of all that?

Don't see any reason why he would not be eligible???
Lewis County participated in the Portsmouth, Ohio basketball camp yesterday and Terrence Smith did play. His pull up jumper being as good as ever and he really caught fire in the game against Portsmouth.
I read the same thing about Smith someplace else.
Its official...Rowan County just became a factor in the 2010-2011 regional title race. DJ Townsend has moved to Morehead from Somerset and looked very good at Lewis County the last 2 days. I realize that some teams did not have everyone there, but neither did RC. Rowan's older group wasn't even tested and Townsend looked to fit in nicely with Wing. Throw Cross in that mix, as well as some juniors to be that weren't there and Rowan's prospects are indeed bright.
HD28 Wrote:Its official...Rowan County just became a factor in the 2010-2011 regional title race. DJ Townsend has moved to Morehead from Somerset and looked very good at Lewis County the last 2 days. I realize that some teams did not have everyone there, but neither did RC. Rowan's older group wasn't even tested and Townsend looked to fit in nicely with Wing. Throw Cross in that mix, as well as some juniors to be that weren't there and Rowan's prospects are indeed bright.
Been watching this move some. Watched Townsend's game on TV in the Adidas All Star Game, he had a very good second half offensively, have heard he has had a pretty good summer with the Charlotte Court Organization, he and Wing has been getting comfortable with each other there. Seen a little of his play at KBA a couple of weeks ago and he looked solid. Sources tell me he is underated almost unknown due to lack of exposure, but has alot of potential. This young man averaged almost 20 a game at Somerset as a Sophmore. I too look for some excitement from RC.
Knipp hands down #1
Well decided to revive this thread. It appears Mark Maynard chose to ignor any research of the region or watch any summer ball. Could be a bad thing for opponents. Looks as if the CATS Pause will be great looker material for Townsend. Based on what I seen this summer he is in the top 5 in the region. I guess the folks over in Ashland did not pay any attention. May have got him mixed up with Cross, who sat out the summer do to an injury.
Well decided to revive this thread. It appears Mark Maynard chose to ignor any research of the region or watch any summer ball. Could be a bad thing for opponents. Looks as if the CATS Pause will be great looker material for Townsend. Based on what I seen this summer he is in the top 5 in the region. I guess the folks over in Ashland did not pay any attention. May have got him mixed up with Cross, who sat out the summer do to an injury.
Colonels87 Wrote:Well decided to revive this thread. It appears Mark Maynard chose to ignor any research of the region or watch any summer ball. Could be a bad thing for opponents. Looks as if the CATS Pause will be great looker material for Townsend. Based on what I seen this summer he is in the top 5 in the region. I guess the folks over in Ashland did not pay any attention. May have got him mixed up with Cross, who sat out the summer do to an injury.
Maybe he should step foot on the court before we annoint him as king. He'll have to go a long way before he will be top 5 in this region. I'd like to see him prove it first if that's okay with you. Your promotion of the kid leaves little doubt to your angle.
Pages: 1 2