Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reds avoid sweep winning 2-1 in Cards finale!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Johnny Gomes blasts a game winning solo homer in the bottom of the 9th. Great pitched game for Arroyo going 8 innings of 1 run ball on 6 hits. Strong, outing for both Cueto last night in a no decision and Arroyo in a no decision. This pitching staff is performing well so far.
Time to bounce in Cincinnati!!
Wrap up:
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/arti...p&c_id=cin
If the Reds get some consistent offense and a bullpen, they may do well this year.
I think that BIGGEST ? is the bullpen, a staple on last years team. The bullpen is the main reason we lost the first two games and was not able to stay competitive in the game. Bruce and Philips will come out of the slump at some point and then the offense should click even better. It even seems that Rolen is struggling a little in the early going.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I think that BIGGEST ? is the bullpen, a staple on last years team. The bullpen is the main reason we lost the first two games and was not able to stay competitive in the game. Bruce and Philips will come out of the slump at some point and then the offense should click even better. It even seems that Rolen is struggling a little in the early going.

I think you may be right. The bullpen has been horrible this year.
Jarons Wrote:I think you may be right. The bullpen has been horrible this year.

Hopefully they can take 2/3 from the Cubs and get back to .500. I think that they will be alright in the end. They started the season with one of the best teams in the leauge and then go to a pretty solid team in the Cubs. SO I think if they can get out of the first week with a .500 record or better they have had a successful start.
You guys are dreaming. The reds will be lucky to win 75 games this year.
Uncle Fester Wrote:You guys are dreaming. The reds will be lucky to win 75 games this year.

Why do you say that? I think that the pitching rotation is solid and if the hitting can stay consistent they should be in most ballgames.
Uncle Fester Wrote:You guys are dreaming. The reds will be lucky to win 75 games this year.

Why are we dreaming. We have a good solid chance at finishing 2nd in our division behind the Cards. We have just as good of a pitching rotation as any team in the Majors and a good solid offense, when they get into rhythm.

I can't wait till they call up Chapman. He will be a break out star this year.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Why are we dreaming. We have a good solid chance at finishing 2nd in our division behind the Cards. We have just as good of a pitching rotation as any team in the Majors and a good solid offense, when they get into rhythm.

I can't wait till they call up Chapman. He will be a break out star this year.

From the report I saw on Louisville TV, they seem to think he is a year away from being a factor for the Reds. I don't see him getting called up before Sept. unless the Reds have a ton of injuries. On the other hand, I really hope to see him play for the Bats before he gets called up.

If the Reds get enough offense and relief pitching, they will easily have their first winning record since 2000.
Jarons Wrote:If the Reds get enough offense and relief pitching, they will easily have their first winning record since 2000.

This. I believe that the Cardinals were the absolute worst team for the Reds to start the season with. Two Cy Young Caliber pitchers to begin the year off, that is hard to go up against and expect to win the series.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:This. I believe that the Cardinals were the absolute worst team for the Reds to start the season with. Two Cy Young Caliber pitchers to begin the year off, that is hard to go up against and expect to win the series.

:Thumbs: