Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highest Leaper In The 58th As A Freshman?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
who do you all think
i think there is like 4 from SF that can get rim
isnt there like 3 or 4 players from SF that can get rim????
Every team should have three or four that can get the rim. Who all can get the top of the square? Or even higher? Can any players in the 15th stand flat footed and just jump straight up and dunk? I mean, not even taking one step or dribble.
yeah i know that 1 person can and that's Devon Adams of Pikeville..the only reason i know that is b/c i played w/ him last year
Josh Prater can almost dunk
adam can almost dunk it, and i would say chris, tyler,and jody can come pretty close to donking a vollyball, they cant hold on to the regular ball long enough, the tallest one out of the 4 is chris and adam they are both around 6'0, jody is 5'9 or 5'10, and tyler is around 5'7 or 5'8
I dont think any freshmen can leap in the 58th....Prater comes closest though....but thats all close he really cant throw it down yet
"thebestplayerever" Wrote:yeah i know that 1 person can and that's Devon Adams of Pikeville..the only reason i know that is b/c i played w/ him last year
Devon Adams is overated, i havent seen anything from this kid
SF has one freshman Adam Slone that can grab rim and thats it. The other ones doesnt even come close.
Allen Craynon has the best hops hands down, not to mention he is about 5'8. Give him and year of football and he will be dunking it.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:Every team should have three or four that can get the rim. Who all can get the top of the square? Or even higher? Can any players in the 15th stand flat footed and just jump straight up and dunk? I mean, not even taking one step or dribble.
well not every1 is 9 feet tall like the adams kid from pville
i dontknow what #4 talking bout but all 4 of those guys can grab rim, and yes adam can almost dunk it
Allen Craynon can jump out of the gym.
Craynon!
"lefty45" Wrote:i dontknow what #4 talking bout but all 4 of those guys can grab rim, and yes adam can almost dunk it
#4 will bet you that only one of those kids can grab rim.
you say adam can get it well tyler almost got a tech for grabbing rim against KCC, during the 3rd quater. and i have seen chris and jody grab rim with my own two eyes
Allen, hands down!. nobody can out jump this kid, he's coach james's finest....this kid has major talent on the field but eventually will come around on the court, id say he atleast has a 35in verticle

He jumps incredibly high, easily compared to kyle ousley!
I know for a fact Adam was grabbing rim last year in the 8th grade.
"lefty45" Wrote:you say adam can get it well tyler almost got a tech for grabbing rim against KCC, during the 3rd quater. and i have seen chris and jody grab rim with my own two eyes
well theres a difference between touching the rim.. and grabbing the rim.. adam is the only freshmen on sf's team that i have saw grab the rim.
I agree Juice. But at practice I'm goin to get all the freshman that has been named on here and see if any of them can touch it.
i've seen Tyler & Adam grab rim....but i've only seen Chris & Jody come close but not grab it..
Adam is the only one that can actually GRAB it from what I've seen. He'll be dunking it next year.
I belive Adam could dunk a volleyball or maybe even a girls ball now. He was getting up far during the summer.... He might even be able to dunk a boys ball if he could hang on to it. Can he palm the ball yet?
no i dont think he can palm it.. but he can get up thats for sure
"Juice" Wrote:well theres a difference between touching the rim.. and grabbing the rim.. adam is the only freshmen on sf's team that i have saw grab the rim.

I find it amazing that all you worry about with your freshman team is if they can get rim!!What is that?? They are a great team and with some practice they can be unbeatable. If you boys know you can get rim why worry about what others might say? There are seniors at SF that cant get rim as well as juniors and sophmores. Worry about your game and not what you can do showing off!!! Some of you responding im sure arent freshmen and you seem jealous over this topic. It is new for them to be in highschool and be playing ball so let them have their fun and stop picking favorites just to make the others feel bad. What you do you are proud of as well as they are proud of what they can do. But you should all keep it simple and worry about your game and stats....if any of you can do that you may end up going to college on a scholarship and then during a reunion you can tell your teammates that you have now the goal you achieved by playing a team sport and benefitting from it and what fun you had while at SF.
"CharlieBrown" Wrote:I find it amazing that all you worry about with your freshman team is if they can get rim!!What is that?? They are a great team and with some practice they can be unbeatable. If you boys know you can get rim why worry about what others might say? There are seniors at SF that cant get rim as well as juniors and sophmores. Worry about your game and not what you can do showing off!!! Some of you responding im sure arent freshmen and you seem jealous over this topic. It is new for them to be in highschool and be playing ball so let them have their fun and stop picking favorites just to make the others feel bad. What you do you are proud of as well as they are proud of what they can do. But you should all keep it simple and worry about your game and stats....if any of you can do that you may end up going to college on a scholarship and then during a reunion you can tell your teammates that you have now the goal you achieved by playing a team sport and benefitting from it and what fun you had while at SF.

A nice round of applause for you CharlieBrown. I agree with your view on this.

I've said it before: you don't get bonus points for dunking in a game. How about a nice layup or short jumpshot. You might actually draw the foul and get a bonus or two from the freethrow line. Dunking the ball makes you every fans favorite, but what happens when you miss. We've all seen a player miss a dunk in a game- what happens to the fan favorite when he misses and perhaps causes the outcome of the game to change.

I'd rather see good fundamentals and solid team ball on any level. I've watched a lot of ballgames through the years- I've yet to see in any scorebook- a column for dunks. 2 points is 2 points.
"WOW" Wrote:A nice round of applause for you CharlieBrown. I agree with your view on this.

I've said it before: you don't get bonus points for dunking in a game. How about a nice layup or short jumpshot. You might actually draw the foul and get a bonus or two from the freethrow line. Dunking the ball makes you every fans favorite, but what happens when you miss. We've all seen a player miss a dunk in a game- what happens to the fan favorite when he misses and perhaps causes the outcome of the game to change.

I'd rather see good fundamentals and solid team ball on any level. I've watched a lot of ballgames through the years- I've yet to see in any scorebook- a column for dunks. 2 points is 2 points.
I disagree with that statement. For the fact that there are missed shots right up under the goal every game. There are missed layups in everygame. What is the difference in missing a 3 foot jumpshot or missing a dunk? They both get you nothing on the scoreboard. Dunking in games gets you more than just a fan favorite title. It also can boost your teams effort. If you can dunk on a consistant basis, a dunk is a stronger shot than a layup. If you are going up to shoot a layup, a small foul will get you on the line, but you most likely will miss the layup. If you go up strong, you get the basket and the foul shot both.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:I disagree with that statement. For the fact that there are missed shots right up under the goal every game. There are missed layups in everygame. What is the difference in missing a 3 foot jumpshot or missing a dunk? They both get you nothing on the scoreboard. Dunking in games gets you more than just a fan favorite title. It also can boost your teams effort. If you can dunk on a consistant basis, a dunk is a stronger shot than a layup. If you are going up to shoot a layup, a small foul will get you on the line, but you most likely will miss the layup. If you go up strong, you get the basket and the foul shot both.
i agree with that
I also agree basketballonllyfan
Pages: 1 2 3 4