Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Question about my car?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wanting to ask anyone that knows, what would be causing my 1996 chevy cavalier to not run right when its hot outside? It happens mostly when I'm stopped and have to wait so long at a red light or when I am in slow traffic and also sometimes going up hills. Its really driving me nuts and causing some embarrassment because a couple days ago it happened at intersection in paintsville and I had to get it turned over onto the white stripes of the oncoming lane coming from Premier Auto Sales. It then did it three more times from there to magoffin co. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Sounds like an over heating problem
No it doesn't overheat at all. It gets a little hot sitting at the light but not real bad. The temp goes down after I get moving again.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:No it doesn't overheat at all. It gets a little hot sitting at the light but not real bad. The temp goes down after I get moving again.

Are your radiator fans working?
No they aren't.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:No they aren't.

That may be your problem. Though i dont have a the same car i have a sunfire. And there made alike. The radiator fans help these cars alot and will cause them to over heat while idling.
Yeah I know, the stupid fan on this one hasnt worked since we bought it, which should have been a sign right there to not buy the piece of crap.
My car is also a Cavalier but a much older model and it does the exact same thing. I will have to look at the radiator fans.