Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 10 Players in the 15th 2010/2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What players do you think will be the "Who's Who?" of varsity basketball in the 15th reegion for next season?
I am not familiar with everyone in the region but I will say Wade Skaggs from Lawrence County has to be up there.
I believe the summer will play a big role....
Well I didnt get the chance to see everyone play this year but here are the ones I thought would get a lot of hype for next year.

1. Tiller - Paintsville
2. Newman - Betsy Layne
3. Skaggs - LCHS
4. Parker - JCCHS
5. McClanahan - ERHS
6. McCoy - PCCHS
7. Ramey - SVHS
8. Rowe - Pikeville
9. ?????????
10.?????????

Also my oppinion that which ever of these teams can get a player in that 8 and 9 spot will be the team to beat in the region. But again i havent seen everyones teams this year and even fewer of the JV and younger groups so,,,
Trevor tiller shouldn't be number 1. He's all paintsville has. He can jump. But when did you see him pass?
1. Cody Parker - Johnson Central
2. Nathan Martin - Betsy Layne
3. Hobo McCoy - Pike Co. Central
4. Wade Skaggs - Lawrence County
5. BJ Moore - Sheldon Clark
6. Shannon Turner - South Floyd
7. Jake McClanahan - East Ridge
8. Trevor Tiller - Paintsville
9. Joey Pinson - Belfry
10. Jordan Hairston - Belfry

Anyone know if Ramey of Valley is going to be eligible to play?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1. Cody Parker - Johnson Central
9. Joey Pinson - Belfry

Decent top 10, but it's hard to make one at this point.

As for Ramey. It's doubtful.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1. Cody Parker - Johnson Central
9. Joey Pinson - Belfry

no one knows at this point if ramey is eligible. They are working on it. I see him getting turned down though. I have also heard Jordan hairston was ineligible for next year due to age. Any truth of this?
Josh Greene from Paintsville has been the leading scorer and rebounder for the last two seasons............he has to be on the list if anyone from PHS is in the top 10.
Tiller will be top 5 next year, and he will be getting a bit of help.
I think it should be Green getting the help because he was leading scorer the past 2 years for Paintsville
2. BJ Moore - Sheldon Clark
3. Wade Skaggs - Larence County
4. Trevor Tiller - Paintsville
5. Hobo McCoy - Pike County Central
6. Nathan Martin - Betsy Layne
7. Jordan Hairston - Belfry
8. Shannon Turner- South Floyd
9. Dakota Hall - South Floyd
10. Wes Rowe - Pikeville
Don't forget Kasey Adkins at BL.
I see him being a force to reckon with next year for the Bbcats
2. BJ Moore - Sheldon Clark
3. Wade Skaggs - Lawrence county
4. Trevor Tiller - Paintsville
5. Hobo McCoy - Pike County Central
6. Nathan Martin - Betsy Layne
7. Jordan Hairston - Belfry
8. Josh Green - Paintsville
9. Shannon Turner - South Floyd
10. Wes Rowe - Pikeville
1. BJ Moore- Sheldon Clark
2. Cody Parker- Johnson Central
3. Wade Skaggs- Lawrence County
4. Nathan Martin- Betsy Layne
5. Hobo McCoy- Pike Co. Central
6. Jacob McClanahan- East Ridge
7. Shannon Turner- South Floyd
8. Jordan Hairston- Belfry
9. Josh Green- Paintsville
10. Wes Rowe- Pikeville
Hairston will not be eligible because of age and I feel the Moore kid should be at the top of the list. He was fourth in the state in scoring but its way to early to rank players because we have no idea as to who may transfer out or in. More could be alot better now that SC will have a new coach next year.:yikes:
I agree that Josh Green should top the list for Paintsville. Also, let's not forget another Senior to be at Paintsville, Josh Hall. He has been doing his part for the Tigers.
1. BJ Moore-SC
2. Hobo McCoy-PC
3. Cody Parker-JC
4. Nathan Martain-BL
5. Wade Skaggs-LC
6. Wes Rowe-Pikeville
7. Josh Green-Paintsville
8. Trevor Tiller-Paintsville
9. Jordan Harriston-Belfry (if eligible)
10. Jake McClanahan-ER
TOP-SPIN35 Wrote:1. BJ Moore-SC
2. Hobo McCoy-PC
3. Cody Parker-JC
4. Nathan Martain-BL
5. Wade Skaggs-LC
6. Wes Rowe-Pikeville
7. Josh Green-Paintsville
9. Jordan Harriston-Belfry (if eligible)
10. Jake McClanahan-ER

only 6 out of the 10 on this list.
I think that the 3 players that will shock everyone next year are all from valley.

1. TREY ROBERTS- great at getting to the rim, solid defender, and hits fairly decent from behind the 3 point line.

2. Jacob "PISTOL" Robinson- VERY good 3 point shooter, handles the ball well, which you have to handle the ball good with Elisha guarding you everyday,and he is a solid defender.

3. Rusty Roberts- A very solid shooter, likes to pull up in the lane , gets to the rim easy and quick, good defender.
So I'm going to say my list will have to be

1. BJ Moore-SC
2. Jake McClanahan-ER
3. Cody Parker-JC
4. Nathan Martain-BL
5. Wade Skaggs-LC
6. Wes Rowe-Pikeville
7. Trey Roberts- SV
9. Jacob Robinson- SV TongueirateSho
10.Rusty Roberts- SV
winner Wrote:So I'm going to say my list will have to be

1. BJ Moore-SC
2. Jake McClanahan-ER
3. Cody Parker-JC
4. Nathan Martain-BL
5. Wade Skaggs-LC
6. Wes Rowe-Pikeville
7. Trey Roberts- SV
9. Jacob Robinson- SV TongueirateSho
10.Rusty Roberts- SV

McClanahan is not the 2nd best player in the region IMO
Also Robinson and Roberts havent had enough varsity experience to be placed in the top 10 IMO also.
TOP-SPIN35 Wrote:McClanahan is not the 2nd best player in the region IMO
Also Robinson and Roberts havent had enough varsity experience to be placed in the top 10 IMO also.

Robinson and Roberts may not have got alot of varsity experience this year. But they both played great during JV and I personally watched the two of them play since the were freshman and trust me they both have the making to be great players in this region ..........SAY WHAT YOU WANT BUT GO AHEAD AND WRITE IT DOWN .
winner Wrote:Robinson and Roberts may not have got alot of varsity experience this year. But they both played great during JV and I personally watched the two of them play since the were freshman and trust me they both have the making to be great players in this region ..........SAY WHAT YOU WANT BUT GO AHEAD AND WRITE IT DOWN .

Im not saying that they are not good players, Im saying that they are not top 10 in the region right now.
I watched the Roberts boys play in jr. high and they do have talent, but they haven't had enough varsity experience to be in the top 10 yet. However, not saying that they won't be. But, where is Hobo McCoy at on ur list? He has to be in the top 10. IMO, he is one of the top 3 returning players in our region.
Hairston does get to play next year. for sure, 100% confirmed.
ramey will not be playing next year for shelby valley.
i think hobo mccoy should be number 1 or 2 player in the region.
very solid player.

wade skaggs should be up there too, tremendous player for lc.
1. Wade Skaggs
2. Cody Parker
3. Hobo Mccoy
4. BJ Moore
5. Nathan Martin

I heard Wade and Cody are playing together for KY Elite AAU. Maybe there is something cooking for them to play together next year.
TSSI Wrote:1. Wade Skaggs
2. Cody Parker
3. Hobo Mccoy
4. BJ Moore
5. Nathan Martin

I heard Wade and Cody are playing together for KY Elite AAU. Maybe there is something cooking for them to play together next year.

This list is interesting ???? Wade is a nice BBall player but not no.1 compared to the rest of your list, but you are entitled to an opinion. As far as Wade transferring to JC .....Good luck w/ that, better be moving soon and the apartment thingy probably isn't gonna work. Besides, why would he come to JC and become the not best player on the team ??? If Wade is such the superstar he will get noticed at LC just fine.
EYESPYJC Wrote:This list is interesting ???? Wade is a nice BBall player but not no.1 compared to the rest of your list, but you are entitled to an opinion. As far as Wade transferring to JC .....Good luck w/ that, better be moving soon and the apartment thingy probably isn't gonna work. Besides, why would he come to JC and become the not best player on the team ??? If Wade is such the superstar he will get noticed at LC just fine.

Wade was at open gym this week at JC shooting around with the guys and looking pretty comfortable. He could step in and be the MVP on that team because he would bring some much needed stability to that team.

BJ Moore is hands down the best player in the 15th next year. Parker is a top 10 but closer to number 10 because he cant keep his head screwed on right during a game. I would not put Maclanahan in the top 10 at all. He is big but has a lot of quit in him. He should be way more dominate than he has shown. I do like Hairston and Pinson from Belfry they could be a team to watch out for this year. I also agree that kids from SV could suprise some folks this year. SV had a lot of games that those guys got playing time in. wont take long to get them where they need to be.
Pages: 1 2