Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McNabb to Redskins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like Donovan McNabb will be heading to Washington to play for the Redskins.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5055346"]Sources: Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins reach agreement on Donovan McNabb trade - ESPN[/ame]
Hmm
well they got a good coach and now a decent qb, looking up for the skins
Why do you trade him to a team you will have to play at least twice a year?
What picks did they get?
I hope the Skins tear the Eagles apart this year!!!
I didnt see this coming, least not him going to the Redskins.
Dumb move by the Eagles imo. McNabb finally gets a few recievers around him and now they decide to get rid of him. They'll regret it, Cobb is not as good as they believe imo.
^^^ agreed. Why would they make this move now?
the reason why they made this move now is that mcnabb was in his last year of his contract as well as kolb. they wanted to get something of mcnabb and not just let him walk next season. the eagles front office and coaching staff like kolb and see him as the future of the eagles. they want him to be the QB. rumors are that kolb also somewhat forced the issue saying he would sign an extension unless given the start QB spot.

as far as why to the redskins. well that has more to do with andy reid and mcnabbs relationship. the rumor is that there were atleast 3 offers on the table for mcnabb. oakland, buffalo and washington. mcnabb didnt want to go to the other two and reid/front office agreed to send him to washington out of respect for what he had done for the organization.
This has to be one of the worst trades I've ever seen. You don't trade a top 10 qb that should have about 4-6 more good years to a division rival. They should have done the smart thing and shipped him to Oakland where he could just spend his last few years in frustration and this debacle would never come back to haunt them. I think that this trade makes the Redskins more competitive and will cost the Eagles a crucial win or two that they would need to make the playoffs. Just a bad deal.
Why not at least let Vick compete for the job? From the sound of things coming out of Philly they are pretty much handing the keys to Kolb. In my opinion they should have had a little more solid option before trading away your franchise QB. This instantly shifts the Eagles to the bottom of the pack in the NFC East. 3 team race in 2010-11 between Dallas, Washington, and New York for that division.
The fans in Philly will be throwing batteries at Kolb by week 3. The guy has just never impressed me. TERRIBLE MOVE by the iggles! All you fans of NFC teams heres something to think about. What did Shannahan do the last time he took over a team and had a Pro Bowl level QB with the "Cant win the big one" label? Answer: He and John Elway won the big one...twice.
Being one true Skins fan in myself....THings are starting to come together...FINALLY!