Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bellevue coach resigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just heard that Dave Eckstein resigned today at Bellevue
What's the story behind that?
Bellevue football coach Dave Eckstein has resigned after five seasons at the school. He planned to tell his players this afternoon.

“I’m not looking forward to it at all,” he said. ”I love these kids and I love being at Bellevue. Those kids are all in my heart.”

Eckstein posted a 35-23 record at Bellevue. He arrived at the school in 2005, inheriting a program that had just 24 players the previous season. In his first season the Tigers posted a 9-3 record and upset defending state champion Beechwood. This year’s team, which advanced to the state quarterfinals, had 54 players.

“I always felt my role was to stablize the program and get guys out and build a program that can consistently compete,” he said. “I’m really proud of what we’ve been able to do here.”

Eckstein, a Boone County grad, began coaching as a 19-year-old assistant at Boone County under Owen Hauck. He later became the head coach at Ryle and Carroll County, developing a reputation as a player-friendly coach who could quickly turnaround programs. As a head coach he has an 87-59 record.

Bellevue is accepting applications for the open position. Eckstein said he will be involved in the hiring process.

“I know the program and I know the kids and I want what’s best for everyone involved,” he said. “… (Resigning) is something I’ve struggled with the last few years and all offseason. This is just the time to do it. It’s hard to pull the trigger after 25 years of doing this.”
This surprises me. Good luck to Coach Eckstein.
Rumors strating to surface next coach could be Russ Shearer
Defensive Back's Coach from College of the Cumberlands?
Where does Chris Claypool stand in this search?
Board meets on May 4, 2010, and again May 18, 2010
May hear something by then Officially. But I think they already have their guy
^ Do you believe it is Shearer
Stardust Wrote:^ Do you believe it is Shearer
pretty tight lipped in Tiger land but...........:Thumbs:
^ Gotcha.
Wonder why Bellevue is waiting to make a "public" announcement? I heard they had their guy weeks ago
nky Wrote:Wonder why Bellevue is waiting to make a "public" announcement? I heard they had their guy weeks ago

School is still in session for the incumbent
nky Wrote:Rumors starting to surface next coach could be Russ Shearer
Defensive Back's Coach from College of the Cumberlands?
just announced but you heard it here first:eyeroll: